• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Cash, Landrum Incident

Interesting theory:

(not mine, can't recall where I read it.)

The incident was the result of a military training exercise focused on the rescue of the American hostages that were still in Iran at that time. The first military rescue attempt in April 1980 failed due to an accident, and President Carter did not authorize a second attempt until later in 1980.

Of course, the hostages were released in January 1981, and the second attempt was never made.

Is it possible that the UFO was really a device designed to cause some kind of distraction elsewhere in Tehran, or possibly provide some mechanism for crowd control during the rescue?

Possibly something went wrong during the training exercise (the device drifted out of the training zone, etc..) and innocent spectators were injured.

Although the military aspects of the first rescue attempt are well-known (at least two participants have written books), the details of the second attempt are not so well known.

The question I have about this theory is that the hostages by this time had been been separated into different locations (they were no longer at the embassy). Even with an elaborate "distraction", was a military solution even feasible?

Just a theory, and if I can recall the source, I will post it.

fitzbew88:

How do you account for the family receiving Radiation burns....? Something that sophisticated, and 'drifting' out of the training area doesn't sound plausible to me.

MarsAve

MarsAve said:
fitzbew88:

How do you account for the family receiving Radiation burns....? Something that sophisticated, and 'drifting' out of the training area doesn't sound plausible to me.

Mind you, I am not "married" to this theory.

But the assumption would have to be that whatever mechanism provided the device's luminous quality also produced radiation and that the observers got too close to it.

Are you suggesting that because a device is sophisticated it can't experience navigational problems? Was it even outside the training area? Perhaps the problem was that it ignited early.

It might actually be a simple device.

Fitzbe88 - oh no,,don't read me wrong, I wasn't snarling at ya..!! I just feel for an event like this...there were too many helicopters involved to be a normal flight....I see this as a police chase...where they were trying to get this thing stopped. One interesting part, is there are virtually no other sightings or reports of this event..other than the stated witnesses in the article.

Where did they all go...? Not one other person observed 23 helicopters...which I can imagine created quite a roar that night..? I have never been to this area of the United States...but I sure would think others would have come forward after the case hit the courts...as I do remember it being talked about in news articles back then.

Where did they all go.......? Not one other sighting away from this area-as the object was airborne-(being followed by 23 Choppers....),,,be it audio or visual, nothing. That is very strange to me.

Lastly, I am very suspicious when the Gov't starts their Spin machine on events like this........it is still obvious to me, that whatever it was,,the silence and denial is too obvious, meaning they have a hand in it- we'll just probably never know the full story.

MarsAve

Back