• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

the app for iPhone/iPod Touch

Artyom

Paranormal Maven
I wonder if there are any developers who are familiar with SDK to develop an app for posting + quick search through the forum? I know that perhaps there isn't much demand for such app at this point, but take a look from a different angle - this way the forum will be exposed on iTunes app store - a pretty prominent place where potentially a lot of people could become interested in participation and speaking of their mind.

PS. And if to extend the idea - even more, having such app on your iPhone you'll be able to make a photo of something strange (I know 2 MP isn't the best thing you can dream about but still) and upload it to the forum with your comments. A kind of paranormal journalism, do not mix it with paranormal paparazzi as David says :)

I wonder if there are any developers who are familiar with SDK to develop an app for posting + quick search through the forum? I know that perhaps there isn't much demand for such app at this point, but take a look from a different angle - this way the forum will be exposed on iTunes app store - a pretty prominent place where potentially a lot of people could become interested in participation and speaking of their mind.
The best place to go for information about possible existing mods or to request a mod is vBulletin.org Forum - The Official vBulletin Resource!. That's where we get all our adds-ons from. :)

Great idea, I have some experience with google android g1 phone and would be happy to help in that area myself :)

Great idea, I have some experience with google android g1 phone and would be happy to help in that area myself :)

If there's a public API or REST interface that can be used I'll do one for Windows Mobile (we might as well cover all bases...).

Maybe a desktop applet as well.

Apparently Apple nixed the app. they didn't like the large yearly fee or something. I'm not sure. Here is the thread on their forum. http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66

I read on one of the entries about an $80 yearly fee. I didn't like that. Anyway, lets see if they can go through certification again after they find out the real reasons for the rejection.

I read on one of the entries about an $80 yearly fee. I didn't like that.

I don't like this fee either :) If nothing else it is not wise to demand that high price from vbulletin forum owners as many of them are non-profit ones, just like The Paracast and it does make sense to ask couple bucks from iPhone/iPod Touch owners as there is an army of vbulletin forums members and I assume they don't mind to give couple bucks to be able to participate on their favorite forums anywhere.

I don't like this fee either :) If nothing else it is not wise to demand that high price from vbulletin forum owners as many of them are non-profit ones, just like The Paracast and it does make sense to ask couple bucks from iPhone/iPod Touch owners as there is an army of vbulletin forums members and I assume they don't mind to give couple bucks to be able to participate on their favorite forums anywhere.

I agree completely. They do mention a new business model but I could not find anything concrete on what that was.

And it's still not available on iTunes...For now I can only suggest you to check out Forums app from Connex Keysolutions Inc., just search for Connex on iTunes and you will find this app. It's not perfect plus it's $9.99 and so it's really up to you - how much do you want to post on the forum from your iPhone :)

So, is this app good for viewing the Paracast forums? I would take a chance and download it but ive bought loads of apps recently

So, is this app good for viewing the Paracast forums? I would take a chance and download it but ive bought loads of apps recently

I've been crazy busy with work and haven't had much time to check it out. So far, I can't see how you'd use it to view the forums. Maybe I am just missing something though.

Here is how:
original.jpg

The image is taken from here http://www.apptism.com/apps/tapatalk

I'm wondering, why bother? Safari works just fine, I read and sometimes post to these forums with it on my iPhone, no problem and no compromises.

dB

Back