• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The AIG Memo

And the treasury bought a TRILLION dollars of TOXIC ASSETS from AIG.

Read the memo, and you'll see that nearly a trillion dollars was lost by AIG.

What they forget to talk about is the start of the cascade was the economic problems of Americans while trying to choke down $4.00 a gallon gasoline, and inflated prices as a result of higher transportation costs. EVERYTHING went up when Gas prices went up, and they're STILL up.

When you had a bunch of people who were able to qualify for loans when gas was under $2.00 a gallon, all of a sudden finding themselves with a lot less disposable income, and higher prices on everything, not to mention the ARM Loans resetting to higher rates, there's no doubt that this whole collapse was engineered.

The banks were deregulated under Clinton's watch, and we had 8 years of unchecked, and unregulated banking under Herr Dumbass.

All of which lead to THIS. AIG is a mortgage insurer. What astounds me, is how come these banks are all crying poverty, when they were covered in the event that people would default on the loans. So, the banks got paid, the people who lost the houses walked away from their responsibilities, and the houses are then re-sold by the same banks that got paid once already, and most likely got bail out funds after AIG and other companies went tits up.

It's not just AIG's fault, there's a LOT of blame to go around, and unfortunately NOBODY is telling the full truth, or telling people the full scope, or the design of the grand master plan.

we have roughly $1.5 QUADRILLION (that's 1,500 trillion) of long-term debt in the various derivitives markets.

It's much more than that, the real figure goes into dozens of quadrillions. Nobody knows for sure, since nobody's really asking.

This is by design. They want to completely trash the world economy and implement a world currency and world government.

The "conspiracy kooks" told us so, decades ago. Shame we didn't listen.

the "corporate nations" went global long ago, "geographical nations" will have to follow eventually.

the reality is we are no longer physically or mentally constrained by local geographical boundarys anymore.

the planets population IS a global one

its needs a world government

the "corporate nations" went global long ago, "geographical nations" will have to follow eventually.

the reality is we are no longer physically or mentally constrained by local geographical boundarys anymore.

I love the idea of my country, but if merging is what we need to do to evolve to the next step in our civilization, then we need to go ahead with it. BUT if this is the endgame, then why not come along and put the case for it forward, rather than backing people into a corner and leave them no exit other than the one chosen for them?

You have unlimited faith in big government, don't you? The Greys WOULD love you.

I love the idea of my country, but if merging is what we need to do to evolve to the next step in our civilization, then we need to go ahead with it. BUT if this is the endgame, then why not come along and put the case for it forward, rather than backing people into a corner and leave them no exit other than the one chosen for them?

great question, and my answer is US citizens by and large will be Naturally inclined to reject the idea.

when you are and see yourself as the top of the heap, you dont willingly step down, and assume a position of just another population, in a globe of populations.

everything has to be "managed", from your time through to your resources and budget

people have to be managed, the world has to be managed, hence the need for world Govt

in the old days the geographical distances meant that this task was best enacted at a local level.
but the world shrunk...........

with the invention of sailing boats, it went from being a size extra large to a size large, the invention of steam engines, and roll out of rail track, took us from a size large to a size medium, the invention of airtravel from medium to a size small, and with the invention of computers and instant global comms to a size extra small.....

the old boundaries and distances no longer apply.

like Dr Sprinkle i consider myself a citizen of the planet earth first and foremost, because thats the reality

the old boundaries and distances no longer apply.
I was put on probation, in 1992, at the age of 17, and forced to stay within the boundaries of Brazoria County, Texas for 10 years. My opinion of geo-political boundaries is low at best.
The world is full of dumb-asses guarding their own turf.

I'd like to know the rationalization behind someone believing a one world government would be a positive change for the world.

When you had a bunch of people who were able to qualify for loans when gas was under $2.00 a gallon, all of a sudden finding themselves with a lot less disposable income, and higher prices on everything, not to mention the ARM Loans resetting to higher rates, there's no doubt that this whole collapse was engineered.

Agreed. And don't forget to sprinkle in a packet of job evaporation seasoning.

Agreed. And don't forget to sprinkle in a packet of job evaporation seasoning.

I should write an ever expansive essay on this crap.

When the wife and I went to our first time home buyer's class, that was mandated by the city I live in, We got two stories in regards to how banks work, and who is to blame for the economic crises. In both instances, both instructors were fucking idiots and laid the blame at the feet of people who took out the loans, and those companies who sold the loans.

I decided to explain to them that it wasn't just the banks fault, or irresponsible people's fault, because my wife and I nearly bought a house 3 years ago, and took a pass because the housing market was starting to unravel, even then. Three years ago, we were going to buy a house for $179,000.00, and took a pass on it, because the interest rates were high, and the house was in an iffy neighborhood.

Today we can buy a 4 bedroom house, in a decent neighborhood for less than $80K. Imagine having bought a house for $180K, and having it devalued to less than half in less than 3 years. The thing is, the market is still correcting itself, and we will see lower and lower home prices as the stock market ALSO corrects itself.

The real problem started with gasoline prices going through the roof, and for the last 7 years having had to pay 3 and 4 dollars a gallon for gasoline, when we were paying $1.19 up to 9-11-01.

When your cost of living triples in the span of 4 years, your disposable income is eliminated, and pretty soon, your ability to pay your bills becomes an unrealistic expectation. That's where the problems started, and heaven forbid ANYONE tell the truth about it.

This memo is a good illustration of what is meant by "too big to fail." It's not political doublespeak, it's a term with actual meaning. While the memo is frightening to read, its contents are not secret, and AIG's size and the implications of its collapse is relatively old news. I recall editorial comment on AIG being in bad shap yet "too big to fail" at least back when Lehman Bros fell. The memo itself is a routine internal briefing document briefing on (admittedly) rather unroutine circumstances.

There's certainly a lot to be worried about, seriously, seriously, worried about, but let me suggest the following, with no ill-will meant towards the OP or anyone else: The Paracast is a shining example of level-headed sentiment and reasoned discourse on the paranormal - let us take those same qualities and apply them to other fields, like current events, economics, the financial crisis, and what have you. Calling the facts a "rabbit hole" with no bottom can look just as silly to some people as does running around talking about space-brothers, little green men, or perhaps the stuff at infowars.

Not that revolution isn't a concern, or even isn't warranted by the tremendous crisis we are facing, or that this memo isn't frightening and shouldn't be publicized. Perhaps it's just the difference in presentation that strikes me as disparate, between economics and ufology, when they are discussed on this board.

Calling the facts a "rabbit hole" with no bottom can look just as silly to some people as does running around talking about space-brothers, little green men, or perhaps the stuff at infowars.

What would you call the fact that we are moving towards global insolvency, which was engineered by international bankers and subservient politicians?

What would you call the fact that we are moving towards global insolvency, which was engineered by international bankers and subservient politicians?

First, claiming things are "engineered" by "international bankers" (as opposed to what? local bank tellers?) is one heck of a loaded statement (and I don't have the time or desire to debate it).

Second, and my main point, internationalization, globalization, the interconnectedness of businesses and the general "shrinking" of the world - these are all facts, made plain in school courses, newspapers, books, and of course, business itself, across the planet. Not a "rabbit hole" or big conspiracy, just the facts. And that's what I'd call the situation.

I'd like to know the rationalization behind someone believing a one world government would be a positive change for the world.

how about one half of the planet living on credit and obese, while others starve and die in the dust ?

the carbon issue is classic one country doesnt sign, so others dont, the rationale being why should i limit myself, when others will pollute away and make the money that comes with doing so.

instead of squabling about protocols like Kyoto, we could just get down to business and do what needs to be done.

but for me the greatest advantage to managing the population on a global scale, will be the end of watching starving children dying in the dust, that it happens today, in this Time, our Time..... is a disgrace.

i would impose a world Govt and uniform global laws in an instant if thats what it takes to solve that one issue

how about one half of the planet living on credit and obese, while others starve and die in the dust ?
but for me the greatest advantage to managing the population on a global scale, will be the end of watching starving children dying in the dust, that it happens today, in this Time, our Time..... is a disgrace.

i would impose a world Govt and uniform global laws in an instant if thats what it takes to solve that one issue

Not that I am disagreeing with the idea of a world governnment, but right now, in so-called generous countries, such as Canada and the USA, people are homeless, kids are starving, kids with special needs are not receiving the proper kind of care to maximize their life skills and quality of life.
Why do you think a world government would make that disappear?

Not that I am disagreeing with the idea of a world governnment, but right now, in so-called generous countries, such as Canada and the USA, people are homeless, kids are starving, kids with special needs are not receiving the proper kind of care to maximize their life skills and quality of life.
Why do you think a world government would make that disappear?

what you are really describing is the falure of the current system to even take care of its own, let alone those others in dire need.

if local governance cant even look after its own then it cant solve the other problem.

thats two good reasons to replace it.

do i know it can fix the problem ? no, but i know the current system cant, so even the chance that a new system can is to me worth taking

every credit card ive ever owned has come with a self imposed Tax or fee, its 30 dollars a month one dollar a day, that tax goes to care australia a charity.
a global govt, can impose that tax on everyone...........

this will not only be more effective in solving the problem, but will also lower the per person contribution of said Tax.

Taxation is your subscription to civilisation, global civilisations require global taxation..........

and who knows maybe global governance is the contact threshold, from an ET pov it may be that global governance is a pre requisite for contact.

or maybe global "co-operation" is a crucial indicator of a species maturity

problem with any change, is that sooner or later, it too, becomes stagnant and ineffective. things go well for a time, then people become complacent and deliberately unaware, change is forced upon them, they either fight back or accept it, sometimes change is forced BY them. but sooner or later, it all degenerates into the same problem that started the revolution in the first place - greed and lust for power become more important than serving the people, so those who want power make efforts to get and consolidate their power by influencing the average politician by whatever means are effective.
cynical view, but I am fairly certain it is accurate.

Hey Paracasters, if you're really worried, you can always just move on up to Canada. Sure it's cold, but the isolation has its benefits. Plus, free health care.

First, claiming things are "engineered" by "international bankers" (as opposed to what? local bank tellers?) is one heck of a loaded statement

Well, yes. Your local bank teller has no power whatsoever over your money, and is presumably clueless as to the real machinations that surround his work. However, the Bernankes of this world do make decisions that effect the entire globe.

Back