• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The 100' UFO . . . or 30' Blimp

DBTrek

The Deacon of Beacon Hill
Strange silver disc seen floating over Salt Lake City:

lg

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_164122850.html

From the article:
"(KUTV) SALT LAKE CITY - A mysterious blimp-like object seen hovering over Salt Lake City on Wednesday was a small craft that was being developed by a resident – when it lost power and drifted over the valley, according to police.

The silver, zeppelin-type object was seen by dozens of witnesses at approximately 8:00 a.m. Witnesses reported that the object appeared to be approximately 100 feet long, but authorities say in actuality it was less than 30 feet in size.
"

Wow, these eyewitnesses were off by a factor of three when it came to the size of the object. That's pretty pathetic . . . one reason I don't lend much credibility to eyewitness reports. The blimp's owner states later in the article that the craft can be folded up and fit in to a suitcase.

I wonder how many believers this incident in Utah has created.

"Really man, I saw it with my own eyes! It was saucer shaped, silver, and over 100' long! I'll tel ya one thing, there's no craft on this planet that resembles it!"

:rolleyes:

-DBTrek

A.LeClair said:
This sort of thing makes disbelievers too.

I don't know about that . . .

I think the disbelievers were probably calling it a blimp (or maybe Utah swamp gas) before any facts were in.

It's not just the UFO field, eyewitness testimony is a shaky thing to rely on in any field. This particular story just highlighted how glaringly off it can be.

Any time I hear someone talk about the size of an object they see in the sky I take it with a grain of salt. Many people can't tell you the appoximate size of something that's sitting on the ground (where there are plenty of reference points) much less the size of something floating in a field of blue sky.

-DBTrek

Back