• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thanks for filtering out the crap and saving people money

Fluoride Drinker

Skilled Investigator
This is a good podcast; definitely one of the better quality ones out there. My favorites are Mysterious Universe and the Paracast; although I would have to give the edge to the Paracast. Even though I think David is a jerk who does terrible voice impressions, I have to admit he is the reason I listen to the show. Also, I do respect his opinion and the fact that him and Gene don't believe every crook and charlatan out there who just wants to sell a shitty product. Believe me if it wasn’t for you guys a lot of your gullible listeners would be wasting their hard earned dollars on books filled with bullshit. So keep up the great work and keep on filtering out the shit for your loyal listeners.

Regards,
Hector

http://www.myspace.com/draconian45

draconian45 said:
This is a good podcast; definitely one of the better quality ones out there. My favorites are Mysterious Universe and the Paracast; although I would have to give the edge to the Paracast. Even though I think David is a jerk who does terrible voice impressions, I have to admit he is the reason I listen to the show. Also, I do respect his opinion and the fact that him and Gene don't believe every crook and charlatan out there who just wants to sell a shitty product. Believe me if it wasn’t for you guys a lot of your gullible listeners would be wasting their hard earned dollars on books filled with bullshit. So keep up the great work and keep on filtering out the shit for your loyal listeners.

Regards,
Hector

http://www.myspace.com/draconian45

I almost sent the MU guys a e-mail today. On their recent episode they are dealing with a confessed hoaxed dogman video, but at the site Ben states he is leaning toward it being a gorilla. I haven't listened to the show yet though, so not sure if they are aware of the hoax conclusions most have.

The host was/is a regular at these forums I think. I forget their handle/name though.

Interesting you think David is a jerk, but that's the reason you listen. What about poor Gene?

Isn't this what is known as a "back handed compliment" ? You know, it's when you compliment someone at the same time you insult them?

Anyway, you couldn't be more wrong Draconian...David does great impressions and he's got Friedman's Yiddish whine down perfect. In fact I think David does a better Stan Friedman than Stan Friedman.

I love Mysterious Universe, not just because it's Aussie either ;)...It's a gem of a radio program & often features content i've not yet come across, it's got my vote.

Woah, for a minute there I thought you were saying you prefered 'The Edge' radio over the Paracast; & that's absurd, Mr Ott. IMO is a tool...But that's me getting carried away.

I think David's charisma is what makes The Paracast unique, whether he's impersonating a guest or not...What often makes an excellant talk radio program is not only the content; but the sound of the hosts voices & the manner in which they speak. I find David & Gene very easy to listen to.

On the other hand, I love Dreamland, but Whitley nowdays is so damn punishing it's killing me. Also, the content on the main page that I assume is meant to be 'ground breaking stuff', happened about 10 years ago. It's embarrassing to read some of the 'headlining' articles on the unknowncountry.com site, it just makes me laugh...Like for instance, (this is not a direct quote at all, but it's close) 'Doctors have always warned about the dangers of smoking in cars & the effects it may have on those around you...But now they are warning us of that it's also bad for kids!'. LOL!

On a final note: any program I don't have to subscribe to get's my vote instantly...Thanks Gene & David.

Goody.

Well, I've been called worse names than "jerk" in my life, but not enough for me to believe it.

Anyone with strong opinions and the courage to present those opinions without concern for how said opinions go over, is likely to be seen as being caustic. Meanwhile, it's interesting that draconian45 still finds my thoughts to be of value, and holds the show in high regard. So thanks for the compliment, drac, regardless of what you think about my actual voice. Or voices.

I have to agree. THANKS for filtering. I would have been tempted to buy the "Shoot Them Down" book, but not any more. I can't understand what Dr Friedman's enthusiasm is all about on this story. Sure, I think it COULD be a great story, but just because the military lost 20 planes in 2 years during the development phase of advanced jets is no evidence at all. Hell, the 2 aircraft carriers I was on (a little over a year of sea time total) lost at least 5 planes under normal training missions. Most were the single engine, late '50's/ early '60's model A-7 Crusaders. An airplane with only one engine doesn't have a lot of options if it flames out or swallows a goose.
Military jet engines (especially older ones) are inherently dangerous because they have to push the extreme limits of power and engine metallurgy to meet performance targets. Most pilots learned early how to lie about the time at total temps so they didn't get blamed for engine swaps. That means the next pilot is always at risk of engine failure.
Sure, they launched some planes at UFO's (possibly), they might even have shot at them, but pilots under such conditions are prone to forget to watch the temperature gages, and there was only a few degrees between pushing the envelope and melting the turbine blades. Combat pilots who flew the average jet could have come back and been caught off guard by hot tweaked engines set up for intercepts.
Paint me very skeptical on this one. Fighter jets were falling out of the sky all the time for regular reasons. The only cases to pay attention to are the ones with actual radar engagement evidence.
David: I could hear your skepticism coming out with the auto-guided F104 story. I don't blame you. Sounds iffy to me, also. F104 had radar, but it sure wasn't much to speak of, and calling it an 'onboard computer' is pushing the limits of credibility. More like 'automatic homing', not a "computer". No more than a direction finder at radar frequency tied in to the autopilot gyro. I suspect it worked about 30% of the time.

the paracast and mysterious universe are my favorite podcasts as well. altho they are two different animals. mysterious universe is more of an entertainment podcast for me. i think ben is getting the picture that he is in a serious realm of podcasting. the paranormal subject needs a thoughtful approach or it comes off hokey. i think he used to believe most of the stuff he read out on the show. now he's starting to comment on what he believes is a hoax or hog wash because of peoples comments on his forum.

now the paracast is top notch in my opion. i don't always agree with david but he never makes comments off the cuff. i appreciate that.

i have now heard all of the shows on the paracast and see that gene and david have hit their stride. it's kind of funny. in the earlier shows they spoke of coast to coast in a respectful manner. now they see that show, and i do too, for what it is, a giant barge of filler. but hey, it's a free country, sort of.

I like C2C but only because it's entertainment; & that's cool by me. George Noory is pretty doughy & let's nearly anyone on the show without questioning very much of the guests content. I don't care for paying a fortune to listen to it; but I can listen to it for free anyhow so it's fine by me.

Goody.

Goody said:
I like C2C but only because it's entertainment; & that's cool by me. George Noory is pretty doughy & let's nearly anyone on the show without questioning very much of the guests content. I don't care for paying a fortune to listen to it; but I can listen to it for free anyhow so it's fine by me.

Goody.

I tried listening to it for entertainment purposes. It failed. I tried again... wasn't amused. I snorted African slugs up my butt then did crack and snorted coke. Still bored me. Give me what drugs you are on, so I may enjoy that piece of shit show, with half of it being commercials for christ's sake.

Goody said:

Goody.

They play that crap in Australia? That's a bad, bad American export 8)

Or do you listen for free because a friend has a subscription? I will listen every once in a while if the subject is interesting but not often...and I would certainly never pay.

Back