• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thank you Gene and Chris..

gdubmx

Paranormal Novice
Thank you both for a couple of years enjoyment but sadly I have cancelled my subscription. I can no longer tolerate the TV and film talk about star wars and superhero nonsense in ever show. Again thank you for doing what you do and best of luck in the future!

We actually do very little film and TV talk on these shows, except insofar as they have a connection to our subject matter. We might do a little pop culture talk from time to time, but it's not a regular thing.

And then it's maybe a segment or so during an episode.

We rarely mention Star Wars (it's not on my radar). So I'm not sure quite what you mean.

I'm sorry Gene but please don't insult my intelligence, probably the last 9 out of 10 shows I've listened to you constantly make references to actors, TV shows, directors, films etc. I know you probably have so much you focus on that you probably don't see it. I'm sure other people would pick up on it too. Please don't be offended, it's not a bad thing at all I'm simply just not interested in TV, film and despise comic books and superheroes! Again thank you for giving me great shows to listen to I just can no longer listen. Best of luck Gene!

Without knowing what episodes you mention, I'm not sure.

It wasn't last week's episode with teen Ufologists, or the previous week's in which we dealt with MUFON. Then we might mention UFO reality shows, which is not about sci-fi, directors or actors. It is about how the UFO subject is dealt with by the media.

We do it from time to time, but not regularly. Obviously an offhand comment or two shouldn't be a serious issue; we might cover lots of stuff in the intro section of a show. But if you state which episodes you mean, maybe I could consider this further.

Honestly it's fine Gene I wouldn't want to waste your time and nor do I want to waste mine. Best of luck with the show in the future mate. :)

Without knowing what episodes you mention, I'm not sure.

It wasn't last week's episode with teen Ufologists, or the previous week's in which we dealt with MUFON. Then we might mention UFO reality shows, which is not about sci-fi, directors or actors. It is about how the UFO subject is dealt with by the media.

We do it from time to time, but not regularly. Obviously an offhand comment or two shouldn't be a serious issue; we might cover lots of stuff in the intro section of a show. But if you state which episodes you mean, maybe I could consider this further.
If the only reason they signed up to the forum is to complain about that, then there's something else going on and if it were me, at this point I'd just delete the thread.

He's a real subscriber, but his conclusions are just out of whack with what we do.
There's a cultural aspect to the fiction related to the subject matter that is relevant and some people enjoy touching on it now and then. I don't see the harm and nobody else seems to be complaining. Some further details on why it bothers him so much would have been more helpful too. But just bombing the forum with a complaint thread doesn't seem very constructive.

We rarely mention Star Wars

Forget the cowbell.

Needs more Star Wars.

322351_10151118644205037_2034532591_o.jpg

Forget the cowbell. Needs more Star Wars.
I've got a cardboard standee of Jar Jar Binks someplace that I won in a free raffle, and the only reason I got it is because the other characters were gone and nobody else wanted it lol.

I met him at an Apple VIP event in the early 2000s to launch a new Apple Store in the Soho area of New York City.

Steve Jobs was there too — and yes, I chatted with him briefly.

Allen was a perfectly decent guy, and I spent maybe 5-6 minutes talking about different things including Galaxy Quest, and I asked if they'd do a sequel. He said probably not, in large part because one of the stars, Daryl Mitchell, had been crippled in a motorcycle accident. You can see him on NCIS: New Orleans, where he's a computer geek. Yes, the wheelchair is real and he needs it, but it's good that he was able to resume acting despite the handicap. So since he was the ship's navigator on Galaxy Quest, I suppose they could use him, just showing him seated in the ship's bridge.

In fact, they might be doing just that on Amazon TV, using some of the original cast and introducing younger people. It got offtrack due to the untidily passing of the great Alan Rickman, but nonetheless it might still be a go.

Amazon's 'Galaxy Quest' TV Revival Back on Track With New Writer (Exclusive)

Back