• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Technology - Geeks Gadgets & Gizmos

On a related hi-tech note, we were in Best Buy the other day and noticed one of the first generation consumer level OLED TVs on display. It was slightly curved and was no thicker than a mirror, perhaps a little thicker than a car windshield. It was very futuristic looking, basically like a piece of black glass on a stand, but with a price tag of $4,999.

DSC05333.jpg

10 years time they wont be able to give them away.

3D tv that will cover the whole wall at one end of the room, or even full surround room tv, every inch of all 4 walls.

I dont know how much lot 1 will got for, the reserve is £500 + hammer 15% + vat 20% = £670
About $1100 dollars i think, you made that post around a year ago Randal, and this is the first set ive ever seen at auction, and i trawl thru several action's a day.

I cant see any resale value in them, too high a value punt for me, but they are definately the ones you posted.

They are brand new, otherwise they would be vat free, google glass went on sale in the UK in june 2014, retailing at £1000

D.J. Manning
Lot: 1
GOOGLE GLASS (#1)
Ends in 8h 15m
Current bid: None
Opening bid: 500 GBP
Bids: 0

Last edited:
It must have been second hand after all, as they amended the vat situation to zero.

Still ddnt attract a bid.

Lot closed
Closing bid: None
Bids: 0

Amazon Echo. It's cool and new but ...

Here's Another Perspective on The Amazon Echo

Should have seen this coming a mile away ... LOL :D

Wow corporate mind manipulation just got a lot more fun:confused: Is this cool or sinister or what??
It's typical Canadian social engineering. We want to be viewed as "multicultural" and cosmopolitan, but our stereotypical image as beer drinking, back bacon loving hockey fans has been forever engrained on our society, ( thanks to Bob and Doug ), so a big red multicultural beer fridge with a Canadian flag theme is actually pretty funny. IMO we should be dropping these all over the place instead of bombs :D.

If You Don't Know About Bob & Doug

Last edited:
It's typical Canadian social engineering. We want to be viewed as "multicultural" and cosmopolitan, but our stereotypical image as beer drinking, back bacon loving hockey fans has been forever engrained on our society, ( thanks to Bob and Doug ), so a big red multicultural beer fridge with a Canadian flag theme is actually pretty funny. IMO we should be dropping these all over the place instead of bombs :D.
I'm gonna agree with you because I agree and also because I've seen people disagree with you.;)
I've noticed that a lot of people from Canadia are very sensitive about their nationality. I know that U.S. citizens with any consciousness tend to be sensitive about being broad-brushed along with the rabble; I decided to own and define my own (U.S.) Americanhood:p
Thankfully it's not a French Canadian beer vault- if you speak to it in English it might spray you in the face or catapult a cow at you or something!

Back