• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Swedish man bursts into flames while waiting for train

stonehart

Paranormal Adept
http://msn.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10767966

An unidentified man burst into flames while waiting outside a train station in Sweden.
Witnesses said the man was standing outside a music shop at the Gothenberg central train station around 10.30pm, when he suddenly caught on fire.
"He just stood there burning outside the shop. After a while he started screaming. There were a few people about but they just watched him. I ran up to him, tore my coat off and managed to put the fire out together with another guy," a witness told the local newspaper.
The man, who sustained serious injuries, was taken to Gothenburg's Sahlgrenska hospital, where he was sedated.
Police have been at the hospital since the incident trying to piece together what happened.
"All we know is that it's a man. We have no knowledge of his identity, nor of his age or any motive or even the circumstances of the incident," a police officer told the Swedish newspaper Göteborgs-Posten.
The man has not been in a condition to speak, said the officer.
"He is sedated and will probably remain under for another couple of weeks."
Police do not suspect foul play.
- HERALD ONLINE

Very odd indeed

Can't find any later articles about that. The first thing that comes to mind is that he wasn't "waiting" in front of that shop but he was setting himself on fire. A suicide attempt, maybe with a message, which is why he did it in front of people.

What doesn't surprise me is that at once some sites and articles will inevitably take this as an opportunity to dig out that old myth of "Spontaneous Human Combustion". In my opinion that's been disproven. If I remember correctly, there was a BBC documentary in the early 90s i guess in which an experiment showed that a smoldering fire can have the areally limited effects of intense heat that have been reported in those cases.

Back