• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Surveillance & Human Rights

Hey you NSA guys, here's the plan. Order yourself a couple of large Hawaiian pizzas with matching hula dancers. If your boss says anything just blame it on me. Say something like I told you there would be a secret message taped to the inside of the pizza box that would prove I know all about the worldwide UFO cover up. If they get mad, offer them a slice of pizza and tell them to relax and watch the girls dance. If your boss is a female tell her she's hot and to join them. I think this could be a major intelligence breakthrough.

Intelligence network... seems a bit of an oxymoron don't you think?

Intelligence network... seems a bit of an oxymoron don't you think?

Jokes aside, I find it all quite interesting. Did you know they even scout for school children gifted in mathematics so that they can train and recruit them into the cryptography division? Depending on one's position in the organization, the NSA could be a fascinating employment experience. I imagine it certainly beats working retail anyway.

Obama says that American citizens have nothing to worry about, only foreigners!!! That's me, I'm in regula contact with folk in America, I don't care if anyone listens or looks at what I'm doing, what I have a huge problem with is them trying to hide it. He didn't want us 'foreigners' to know about it, thanks for that. I used to be a big Obama fan, but from what I can see he's got his priorities all wrong in a lot of places. The US's standing in the world went right up when Bush disappeared and Obama turned up, unfortunately Obama has destroyed most of his good work over the last couple of years. It's not nice to see, he was supposed to be better than this. Much better.

Obama says that American citizens have nothing to worry about, only foreigners!!! That's me, I'm in regula contact with folk in America, I don't care if anyone listens or looks at what I'm doing, what I have a huge problem with is them trying to hide it. He didn't want us 'foreigners' to know about it, thanks for that. I used to be a big Obama fan, but from what I can see he's got his priorities all wrong in a lot of places. The US's standing in the world went right up when Bush disappeared and Obama turned up, unfortunately Obama has destroyed most of his good work over the last couple of years. It's not nice to see, he was supposed to be better than this. Much better.

Never ever trust a politician as my Grandfather used to say (and his father). I am not in the USA as well but I am not worried and I will continue to say what I think.

Remember this?

That speech is so true, and yet it seems that we've largely lost the battle to the corporate fascists who suppress our civil rights under the guise of company policies that dictate what we can and cannot do or express in our own free time. If we're interested in anything the least bit controversial, we better not say so or else we'll be hauled up on policy charges or relegated to pushing a broom ( if we're lucky ). How many people have to hide their real names behind a veil of anonymity in order to feel safe from reprisal by whatever powers that be for expressing their beliefs in an open and honest way? In a nation that prides itself on freedom of expression this is just sad ... really sad.

That speech is so true, and yet it seems that we've largely lost the battle to the corporate fascists who suppress our civil rights under the guise of company policies that dictate what we can and cannot do or express in our own free time. If we're interested in anything the least bit controversial, we better not say so or else we'll be hauled up on policy charges or relegated to pushing a broom ( if we're lucky ). How many people have to hide their real names behind a veil of anonymity in order to feel safe from reprisal by the powers that be for expressing their beliefs in an open and honest way? It just keeps getting sadder and sadder and sadder to know that it keeps getting worse and worse and worse and that people are becoming more and more and more afraid.

I'd say its the opposite of that now, certainly in Britain. We're more free than we've ever been, had more rights than ever, same in the US as far as I can tell. Never be afraid to speak the truth. Never let anyone make you think you should either, if they do, SHOUT LOUDER ;)

I'd say its the opposite of that now, certainly in Britain. We're more free than we've ever been, had more rights than ever, same in the US as far as I can tell. Never be afraid to speak the truth. Never let anyone make you think you should either, if they do, SHOUT LOUDER ;)

There is definitely been a lot more freedom suppression in US, especially during this administration, that ironically championed transparency and freedom. As we now know the IRS has been used as a hound to target those individuals or organizations that criticize Obama or his administration. The Orwellian spying and information gathering on each individual that this government is using is just mind boggling. Lie after lie has been told to the American public with no accountability and press has been used as an arm of the government as opposed to an independent entity.

Actually you have a great point the wider historical context, the current generation is doing better than ever. However in the last 15 years we've seen a turn around. Our freedoms have been eroded by the corporate and governmental bureaucracies. Not that I'm particularly any fan of unions, but there's no question that union busting has destroyed the rights of many workers. Borders are getting harder to cross, police powers are being expanded, corporations are making employees liable for legal claims against their companies, employers are invoking policies to skirt regulations that require them to contribute to worker's insurance and health care plans, while at the same time forcing employees to grant them access to their social networking sites ( e.g. Facebook ). Employers are making increasing demands on what employees can and cannot do on their own free time, and if it's not in line with the so-called "corporate culture", suddenly they're marginalized or out of a job. Policies regarding discrimination and fairness in the workplace have been reduced to little more than window dressing and lip service.

Legal loopholes have been lobbied for by corporations to make it legal to deny workers overtime pay, scheduled breaks and reasons for dismissal. The function of government itself has become largely that of serving their corporate masters, and it's getting worse all the time. Instead of the state controlling every aspect of our lives, it's become a collection of dictatorial corporate fiefdoms that operate outside the law whenever it's affordable because there are so few penalties for doing so. Most wrongdoings have to be settled by civil suit, for which employers have enormous resources compared to someone who has lost their livelihood, and to add insult to injury, those who fight against being treated unfairly are also made liable for legal costs. We live in a free land where you can have all the justice money can buy. So long as you're happy playing the game and don't mind being treated like property, everything is fine. Wear your company colors, say the right things, smile and be happy in the face of hypocrisy or face unemployment.

this is the most intelligent thing to come from Alex jones...It is not the duty of our gov to watch us it is our duty to watch THEM! to hold them accountable!

It is not the duty of our gov to watch us it is our duty to watch THEM! to hold them accountable!
Great stuff, but with governments doing the bidding of the corporate dictators, the real rights and freedoms, the ones that affect us every day, take place in the workplace. If you don't believe it just try to hold your boss accountable and see what happens. Suddenly you're out of a job and the best the government can do is pay you employment insurance for a short while. Meanwhile you're lucky if you can get another job because behind the scenes the hypocrites in power don't want troublemakers like you, and are picking fresh victims to exploit, ones who either don't know how the system really works, or naively believe in the façade portrayed by their corporate masters. The only ones with jobs who do know they're being exploited have learned to keep their mouths shut, or they work overseas in some substandard factory that could collapse at any moment. The whole system is FUBAR and headed for self destruction. So get what you can now while the Sun shines.

Personal liberty and privacy in the United States, (or the world for that matter,) is a myth.
It has always been this way, at least ever since gov'ts started getting suspicious of their own people and the 'enemy within.' So much of the commentary above could be used to describe China, Russia or Iran. Each tells their people how free they are. Orwell's novel was written in 1949 as a response to the British gov't propaganda and fear mongering that grew out of the same type of administrative sentiment that spawned McCarthyism - it's alway about the enemy alien and those who might be conspiring with the enemy alien.

The critique on Obama holds no weight. The guy gets critiqued for being too soft, too left leaning but under his admin. there have been more drone killings and "leakers" prosecutions in all of Ameican history put together. This listening in on the masses started way before him. Dosen't anyone remember the plan for "Total Information Control" from previous administrations? These are simply the paths that US presidents must walk in the face of foreign policy decisions made by predecessors. If you start wars and stir up the midde east you have to be prepared for global fallout of epic proportions, and you will have to keep tabs on everyone b/c revenge and fundamentalism make some folks go all screwy and will kill for fear's sake and nothing more.

So where are we at? Lots of fear, lots of plotting, lots of killing and spying on everyone. Still, I'm thankful I live in North America - these lies of gov't are tolerable in the face of so much personal individual freedom and your right to say mostly whatever you want to grind out. I really could do with less corporate control - that should be much more troubling to everyone. Paying attention to gov't control is only blinding you to the fact that corporate control is far more insidious, packs a much bigger wallop, yet with a whisper.

Ask any serious ufologist, it's not what the gov't is hiding that's a big deal, it's how our perceptions around all of reality/history is being corporately shaped that should really trouble us.

speak-the-truth-even-if-your-voice-shakes.jpg

Glad to see the comments here in this thread............ You see the thing that makes us free is that we can talk about all of this.

The danger of the internet to the powers that be is that we the people may have found our voice, it has been slow in coming but like a glacier it will grind those that would suppress the human spirit in the name of profit to dust. I get branded pessimistic by those who don't know me that well for talking about the financial collapse and the encroaching security industrial complex.... but I am not, I have great hope for humanity as all we need is a kick up the bum and a shock or two to get motivated..... then we can do great things.

This was written by an anon just over a year ago after the whole Occupy thing had cooled down and when people were saying that was a waste of time... I like how he/she put the situation and what was and is really going on.

So tell me brother.
Tell me sister.
When we have to grant the power again, as a blank check, to one of the two faces of the same coin... to the same people who dug this grave in which we are now being buried… Tell me. What will the excuse be when everything starts happening all over again?
You accept the social degradation because you never knew anything else, while your heart withers a little each day, drowned in the apathy which takes hold of you when it thinks that nothing will ever change but wishes that everything be destroyed. Your very cells scream to you that life cannot be simply work and more work, in order to buy a new High Definition TV.
You have become so compliant that your whole life is down to watching an online movie on Sunday night, because you cannot afford much more; in the best of cases you have someone close to share a blanket. The bills keep on piling up, and you have enough with mortgage, if you can still afford that.
Worst of all, you still haven’t understood that they are even going to take that damn badly recorded movie away from you.
Worst of all is that you will turn on the TV again, to watch that rubbish you can’t even choose, while no one is telling you that your basic rights have been dumped in the ditch.
You're screwed because you cannot face the future with dignity and they will use that fear to leave you naked like a poor fool.
It's called shock.
You're a fucking scared sheep and shearing time has come.
If you're lucky and you were not born too late, you have known clean air and clear rivers. Congratulations! You’re part of the last generation that had an opportunity to have a real childhood.
So there you are, in front of your TV, watching as everything is buy, buy, buy, terrorism, wars or human beings making money thanks to your hormonal revolution.
Haven’t you had enough?

Turn off the fucking TV. Dive into the sea of information.
Look out there.
Can’t you hear the echoes from the squares? Can’t you see the changes flowing in the veins of every city?
Feel the distant explosions. Cry for all the dead. Stoke up the fire rising against dictatorships that seemed immutable.
Take to the streets and fight. Flap your wings.
Unleash mayhem.

Maybe you have forgotten what we are?
We are human beings!
We rise like the Phoenix from the ashes of empires. We refuse to perish and demonstrate our strength throughout millennia.
Although the boot of totalitarianism tries to crush our dreams, we set fire to the world, time after time, craving for equality, freedom and justice! So much so that we managed to forge ahead after the world wars that shaped and defined the twentieth century.

Brothers, sisters, have you forgotten that this is our home? The home of humanity has no owners, nor borders. We are the sum, the fruit of our cultures over time: descendants of those who made possible what the rest considered utopian. We fought many times throughout history for the honor and respect of our own kind.
We are the only possible future: the amalgam that makes us invincible.
Those short-sighted people -obsolete nationalists of all sorts- who classify us according to lines or dates, territories or governments, have forgotten that ours is an immortal soul that always wins, sooner or later, despite the difficulty of the challenge or the expectations of our enemies. We never gave up, we are still here.
Politicians, plutocrats... They think we're weak. Maybe even many of you had believed that everything is lost already. But today I suggest you have a look around:

Do you really think that your peers are weak?
Do you think the father who goes ahead against all odds or the mother who fights for her children despite discrimination is weak?
Do you think those who had to leave to get ahead because there was no future at home are weak?
Do you think those who came from even worse situations and are fighting against intolerance and harassment by working are weak?
Do you really think this race, which came out of the darkest ages and is still fighting a plutocracy aimed at keeping everything the same is weak?

Maybe many of you are scared and disoriented, but many others will support you.
Damn it! We are human beings. We are not reality shows and hamburgers. We are not the Middle East conflict, nor the last fucking game of the season.
We are humanity, a melting pot with an experience going back eons, the species that can make his dreams come true. To the privileged few who believe they can shut us up forever, we say: “you should be packing!”
Every day you have less and less credibility. The only possible change travels at the speed of light, born again in the voice of hundreds of millions throughout the world.
We understood your trick. We know that you have used ideologies as a smokescreen so that we fight each other.
You are fooling less and less people.
We’ve had enough, and maybe turning off that badly recorded movies would be the absurd trigger that will help us show how far you have gone.
We are the cheated generation of the specie who never believed in the impossible.
Politicians, plutocrats, do you really think you can win the battle for our own future?
You are very wrong. Expect us.
Whatever happened, we have learned to rise up.

Powerful stuff, bad grammar but from the heart I think.

Back