• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

super deja vu

eyesopen

Paranormal Novice
I experienced the classic deja vu feelings a lot when a child. Lasted seconds. Probably the "memory echo" or "delayed perception" explanation of "perfectly logical explanation" viewpoint.

However, got a couple of extended dream segments that came "true". Even had witnesses.

First time got spooked, I was sitting in break room/cafeteria. Dream segment memory begins: people are seated or standing as in dream, saying things as in dream. Decided to try to remember dream to see if I could know what would happen "next". Remembered boss coming up behind me, putting hand on MY shoulder, and saying something to me.

Darn if it didn't happen withing 10 seconds. I wasn't facing that way. Had no way to know ahead of time of this random event without dream "memory". Segment ended as I was TOTALLY startled when my memory of it was acted out.

Longest one, with witnesses: Drove a friend to girls house. He had crush on her. After dark (9pm) standing in driveway. Us leaning on car, facing east. Dream memory begins,,,I realize it, and decide to tell them what was about to happen to prove it's not all in my head.

I say "Charlie, look behind us, are there 3 girls walking under a street light...RIGHT NOW?" He looks(West), says "yeh, how did you know, you're not even facing that way?" I say "I dreamed this all before...here's what's going to happen....one will recognize you somehow, walk HALFWAY up the lawn (10 feet out of 20) talk to you a bit, then go back in the street and walk away"...my friend laughs...says "you're crazy man...my friend is always saying weird stuff (to girl he's flirting with)" then they continue their talking.

About 2 minutes later, as the girls walk by, one hears his voice, calls "Charlie Ciranni, is that YOU?" He gives friendly acknowlegement as she walks HALFWAY up the lawn, exchanges pleasantry, then she senses the girl whose house it is not being happy with this interruption, so she says her goodbye-see ya later, rejoins her freinds in the street, and walks on.

This blew me away. It spooked my freind a little bit.

I also have a couple of other VERY SPECIFIC dream segment memories, one that was 2 years in advance.

My theory....my brain is sending messages or experiences back in time to itself....the molecules in my brain that exist today will still be there in years to come...if quantum entanglement exists, the odds of them being entangled with themselves is probably 100%...dont you think?

I encourage you to read JW Dunne's Experiment with Time, which describes this exact same phenomenon, and proposes a theory to explain it. The theory gets pretty hairy, but his detailed accounts of his own experiences and methodical study of them is compelling.

I have had similiar excperiences. One time I had a reacurring dream about one very spesific place. In the dream, me and some friends are crossing a crop field (this has nothing to do with UFOs or crop circles) and climbing over a fence where the wood starts, on our way to some cabin I think. Anyway. The place was a typical imaginary location, but it had various details, like a little red house, the type of fence, the trees, scenery etc. So one day, I was sitting in the car with my family (This was many years ago, I was probably 12) and we were driving outside the city I grew up in (Oslo, Norway), and I look out and suddenly my heart pounds really hard: I'm seeing the very same crop field from my dream, and I know for a fact that I've never been there before (I even asked about that)! It somehow scared me, and I wondered about that for a long time. I remember the very clear picture of this place even today. Maybe I will excperience something there someday. Or maybe I should travel there and see if I "feel" something. Even today this place pops up in my dreams from time to time. Strange.

And here is one more.
My late grandmother stayed with us for a couple of weeks. She comes from another part of the country. One day she told us that a friend she grew up with called at her from her house. (The friends house). She said that she had to come home now! This friend died for many years ago, so she thought it was strange. A little bit later that morning, we got a phonecall from my uncle. My cousin had crashed his car right outside that house. He survived the crash, but unfortunately died in the hospital.

I think that is somewhat comforting, but also a little bit scary.

Back