• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sunday, November 25th Paracast W/ Richard Dolan

DBTrek said:
I think this is the achillies heels of the Paracast; the urge to demonize people based on politics is stronger than the desire to simply have a level-headed discussion.
Jesus . . . you guys think you're taking this program to radio?
I'm thinking not.
-DBTrek
I disagree. The reason I love the Paracast is because of the routine high quality, level headed discussions. How many radio shows can you point to that are more level headed than the Paracast? You think Michael Savage is? Art Bell talking to Ed Dames or Hoagland?
David is liberal on a lot of issues. Big deal. Millions of Americans are. But I've never found David's politics to overwhelm a show. Howard Stern is liberal and regularly goes into rants concerning Bush (and did so when he was on terrestrial radio as well)- you don't think Republicans still listen to him? Most of Hollywood is liberal- plenty of Republicans still going to the movies. And for anyone to imply that listening to The Paracast is like listening to some show on Air America is utter bullshit.
As for taking the show to radio- I'm sure they appreciate your enthusiastic support.
"Jesus . . . you guys think you're taking this program to radio?
I'm thinking not."
LOL! I'm guessing you're a fan of the show- otherwise you wouldn't be posting here. You're getting to enjoy the show and their hard work for free. I would think you would at the least want to wish them well. I'm not saying you have to kiss their ass but...I think if you were appreciative of what they've done you might try a little more constructive criticism and tone down the negativity.
Bottom line, interest in the paranormal is stronger now than ever before. And just about the only radio option for most folks is crap like Coast to Coast. Can you honestly tell me The Paracast is not light years ahead of Coast to Coast in terms of level headed discussion? For intelligent, serious discussion of these issues, The Paracast is the best show I've heard. It fills a need and that is the number one reason I think it has a shot on radio, well, that and the fact Gene and Dave have a great chemistry. And compared to most podcasts they are both extremely polished and professional. And you know what- even though you might hate David's occasional political comment YOU'RE STILL LISTENING. Just like all those millions of Republicans (and I know you're not a Republican) who kept listening to Howard Stern, even though he begged his audience to vote Bush out.

DamnDirtyApe said:
The Pair of Cats said:
I think you speak for the majority of us on this thread, David. Your comments re: Verum are spot on!

You mean the majority of people on a paranormal forum are conspiracy-minded lefties? I'm SHOCKED!!! Next you'll be telling me that the majority of people at a Nascar race are republicans!

:)

Whatt!!! Do you mean they're not???? lol :) :)

David Biedny said:
musictomyears said:
I wonder who this "Verum" character is. He always butts in and breathlessly defends government actions, regardless of how deceitful they appear to be.

Hey Verum, give it break. It's getting boring.

It takes all types to make up a forum...

Verum appears to be a Republicon, please correct me if I'm wrong, Verum.

Republicons believe that the government cares about them, as well as other assorted tales, such as the Easter Bunny and Santy Claws.
You can not have a guest like Richard Dolan and not get into politics. Its just not possible. That being said....

David, that response was uncalled for. If someone posts an article and makes claims as to its content as PETE did, it should be obvious to anyone who reads it. PETE's claims were a stretch. Offering up that article as proof was a stretch. Verum simply called PETE on it.

Yet, you and the vast majority of the forum read want you want to read and not what is written. I am in complete agreement with Verum. The article isnt about black budgets.

Personally, I didnt see where Verum said anything wrong. He expressed an opinion and asked to be informed if his opinion was wrong. Instead, he was pounced upon.

David, I agree, respect should be earned. Yet, respectfullness should be granted in almost any situation. Didn't your parents teach you that? Do you not expect to be treated with respsect from everyone you meet? Is it so hard to extend that to others?

Resulting to insluts and name calling instead of intelligently making points to illustrate your point of view is just wrong. Frankly, I expected more from you. This post is disappointing.

Verum said:
all of us share a common love of this country and a legitimate desire to see us continue our place as the shining light of freedom and democracy and opportunity throughout the world.

You see, Verum, I understand that you really believe that. However, from where I stand - and that's pretty far away from the US - ideas of "shining light of freedom and democracy" ring damn hollow these days. In case you haven't noticed, but the rest of the world sees the US very differently - with a mixture of horror and deep concern for her people. As David pointed out, your country is heading towards the rocks, very fast. Take your pick: Another 9/11-style attack, and you are looking at martial law. China is now in a position to squeeze the US economy in any way they choose. When the Arabs - and they are about to - stop trading their oil in dollars, but change to the Euro, it will cause a rush in dollar sales around the world. Do you follow financial news? The dollar is already on a steady decline, and *very* big investors are getting rid of it. Think about that.

I think you need a bit of a reality check. And perhaps you should also talk more to people from outside the US. I can tell you, when I choose my host countries (I travel quite a lot) one of the major criteria these days is: Does it have any oil? If the answer is yes, I'm not going to stay there - it is only a question of time until the bombs come a' dropin'.

David Biedny said:
Verum said:
For some reason you see yourself as the ONLY person--or certainly one of an elite few--who holds strong sentiments about this country. That is, of course, preposterous and so presumptuous as to defy belief. People of all political persuasions hold strong beliefs. But few of us ever publicly express not only a readiness but an eagerness to leave this country. This is not, as much as you'd like to pretend, a matter of your self-declared "brave" stance to "throw away the chains of political correctness". This is about the absolute abhorrence of your underlying message of clear disdain for this country. I have many friends and acquaintances of differing political persuasions. None of them are extreme, and all of us share a common love of this country and a legitimate desire to see us continue our place as the shining light of freedom and democracy and opportunity throughout the world. Much of what you have said indicates you are in a very different place. And, please, spare us the old extremist cover of "caring too much" and "being too much the patriot".

That is absolute, utter nonsense. Again, you have NO IDEA of how I see myself, so to claim that I somehow feel that I am the "ONLY person" to "hold strong sentiments about this country" is completely disingenuous. Not that I'm surprised - this is typical bully banter, the last fallback of a morally bankrupt Republicon POV. And then you throw in the "you hate your country" bullshit, which is downright heinous and demonstrative of your own intolerance of differing views. The right wingers always fall back on this nonsense, so again, no surprise. You love a country? How childish and limiting. Nationalism is no longer compatible with the current global reality, there are those of us who see ourselves as global citizens, who are just as comfortable in Argentina as we are in Albany, and who understand that it's a big world, and that the US is NOT the center of the universe. Being bilingual + has been influential in molding a worldview which does not prescribe to sad little patriotic pandering, and which recognizes the true dynamics of the current state of American imperialism and the damage it's inflicting on the world. So when the dollar is completely flushed down the drain, when the Muslim world seeks revenge on us for your immoral war on Islam, when the Chinese knock on the White House door and deliver an invoice for whatever remains of our treasury, you can cook your patriotism up on a grill, place it in a burrito and shove it in your eye. History will be the true judge of the impending fall of the American empire, regardless of whatever you OR I have to say about it. And if you think I'm happy about this tragic state of affairs, then you're as sharp as a sack of wet mice.

As much as I find David to be an arrogant, opinionated a'hole at times, I must confess that I not only share his political views but find his expression of them reasonably coherent and persuasive (though maybe not quite as much as he sometimes seems to think - LOL).

The 'politics' (read 'worldview') of the show is partly what keeps me listening (it is a legitimate backdrop to the material discussed under the rubric 'paranormal) and it's good to see those views 'out there', if only on .... well, whatever scale the Paracast is.

David wrote..
Nationalism is no longer compatible with the current global reality, there are those of us who see ourselves as global citizens, who are just as comfortable in Argentina as we are in Albany, and who understand that it's a big world, and that the US is NOT the center of the universe.
Of course you're a "global citizen". That's the trite claptrap of every poor disaffected soul trying to hide their insecurities in the "I'm above tribalism" nonsense. You have transcended nationalism! Well, good for you! But you clearly don't see America as the place you would choose to be. Since you'd be at home elsewhere, is there any reason you choose to grace us with your presence? You've publicly said you plan to leave. What's the hold-up?

You're an outlier, far from the mainstream of the American people's thoughts. And that's of no consequence because you're just another of the polar extremes with lots of nutty opinions. People pay no attention to those meanderings from the right or the left. Your view holds no power. What you clearly don't understand is the notion that listening grants the power of speaking, that what you say is of no importance whatsoever UNLESS you have an audience willing to accept what you have to say. And you don't. You have, it seems to me, a handful of like-minded conspiracy kooks and America haters on a podcast forum. Aside from that, you're just another pseudo-intellectual with a grand view of himself and nothing to show for it.

I'm tired and bored of this dialogue, especially your part in it, although I'm sure you share that sentiment as to my part. I think you're a pitiful character. I think anyone who doesn't love and support their country is more sad than meaningful. And I think anyone who sees themself as "better" because of their own disaffection is deluded, at best. I'm comfortable that we are incompatible characters, don't like each other and will never have a beer together. And that's just fine with me!:) And now I need to get to church with my family and get ready for another hopeful Giants Sunday.

PairOfCats wrote...
He has taken one comment in the second post of this thread and helped steer the subject away from its original subject : "Sunday, November 25th Paracast W/ Richard Dolan" and turned argued it into a rant about US gov't accounting/budget philosophy wrapped up in a tirade against you (David).
I'd suggest you go back to the beginning of this thread. I raised a legitimate question about a posting. I was then "confronted" by Musictomyears and David (who was apparently harboring some silly resentment because I had the nerve to post that I wouldn't read his blog because I didn't share his political views). I never initiated this thread "away from Dolan". As usual with you people you never let facts--even those staring you in the face--get in the way of inventing your own little truth. No beer for you either!:rolleyes:

And there it is, for all to see... beer, church and sports. Your world in a nutshell. The Holy Trinity. Mindlessness made material.

Have a swig of piss water, ask your God for forgiveness, and watch some grossly overpaid troglodytes run after a fucking ball as if it meant something. Good times, my man, good times.

If that's your Amerika, you can keep it. But don't tell me to leave, as I'm happier staying here and making you squirm - until the right situation presents itself, at which point I will indeed leave the US and watch you sink in your own excrement from afar.

So have a Budweiser, pray to your heart's content and kiss my fat Jewish ass.

dB

I'm a big fan of both beer and sports, well, "
" in the singular, but I've got to say that I'm much more terrified of your flagwaving Americans than I am of anything the crazy towelheads can come up with. Hydrogen bombs, first-strike policy, bankrupting themselves to put bases in the next hundred countries.... this is very very scary, and I say that from a long-term allied country of the States.

Biedny wrote...
If that's your Amerika, you can keep it. But don't tell me to leave
Loved your post! Always great when someone lets the truth spill out in spite of themself. You showed your true colors. You come across as just another bigoted "elitist", with a very angry streak that's symptomatic of the disaffected. You ignore substance and default to trying, unsuccessfully, to dismiss the individual with some lame attempt at impugning me because I "drink beer" (which I don't, by the way...it's a saying!), go to church with my family and watch football. I'm thrilled that you went on the record with your bizarre posts; the facade is gone and your nasty, basement-dwelling world view is there for all to see.

And by the way, America is spelled with a "c", not a "k". Can you get any more stereotypical and sophomoric? By the way, I didn't tell you to leave. You have, on more than one occasion, said that was your plan, usually right after you go on your brilliant "I grew up in another country so I am better than those of you who didn't" leap of logic. You can't even keep your own nonsense straight. And, you sure don't make me squirm; you're completely irrelevant to my life, except as an occasional source of amusement and pity.

Less than 2 minutes in, Seattle 7, Philadelphia 0. :D

Verum said:
You ignore substance and default to trying, unsuccessfully, to dismiss the individual with some lame attempt at impugning me because I "drink beer" (which I don't, by the way...it's a saying!), go to church with my family and watch football. I'm thrilled that you went on the record with your bizarre posts; the facade is gone and your nasty, basement-dwelling world view is there for all to see.

And by the way, America is spelled with a "c", not a "k". Can you get any more stereotypical and sophomoric? By the way, I didn't tell you to leave. You have, on more than one occasion, said that was your plan, usually right after you go on your brilliant "I grew up in another country so I am better than those of you who didn't" leap of logic. You can't even keep your own nonsense straight. And, you sure don't make me squirm; you're completely irrelevant to my life, except as an occasional source of amusement and pity.

Less than 2 minutes in, Seattle 7, Philadelphia 0. :D

You don't drink beer, "it's just a saying"? That's just precious, really.

And what would your Jesus say if he read your words? Did you miss the part about loving thy neighbor and forgiveness? What kind of example are you setting for your children?

My favorite part of all this is how you spew this mindless shit from behind the shield of anonymity - while I'm here as myself, my name out in the open. Who's the coward, Verum?

Anyway, keep your pity, it means nothing to me. You are clearly the kind of person who I do indeed detest, you're the prototypical Ugly American. There is no reality for you outside of your consumer-driven little life. In the end, your offspring will end up with exactly the kind of world you've created for them, one where their patriotism will ring hollow, every cent they make going to pay off the ravages of the types of policies you and your ilk mindlessly support today. They'll be serving their Chinese overlords, and trying to learn Mandarin.

Amerika is spelled with a C? You sure? Positive? I suppose subtlety is also beyond you - not surprising, but that might just be due to the lack of body language and vocal inflection on the web.

I'm irrelevant to your life? Prove it by fucking off and taking your opinions with you. I bet you can't do it. You need people like me to make you feel righteous.

Stop posting here. I dare you.

8)

dB

First, if you've never heard the saying "I wouldn't have a beer with the guy!" you really must live in a basement! :rolleyes:

The use of a "k" in America is not a matter of subtlety by any stretch of the imagination. It's been around for decades and it's used in an attempt to denigrate this country...and you know that, of course.

Like most of your ilk--big talk, no action--your real agenda is to stifle dissent. You don't care one bit for freedom of speech, only for the dominance of YOUR speech. What I'm pleased about is that you've really been "outed", to use your words. You've shown yourself as a rabidly anti-American bigot. As to my anonymity, I have the good sense not to post publicly; I am successful in my professional and personal lives and have no need to share this stupidity with "normal" folks. As a tiny business person and aspirant to mainstream radio (never happen with you on board!) you might have used more discretion if your ego would have permitted it. And because you don't have anonymity it's there for the public, and not just your sycophantic conspiracy kook klan of anti-Americans, to see and draw their own conclusions. That's likely to be a problem at some point. Let's hope not.

As to my posting here, these boards have a reputation for pandering only to agreement and to banning those with a differing viewpoint. But no need to ban me. I'll gladly recuse myself from this little forum. I can get the same level of amusement by watching an old Jerry Lewis movie.

Let me end by saying, I do pity you. You've shown enough of yourself, of who and what you are, for me to know you're a lonely, angry, pathetic man, with serious delusions (your flying saucer and disappearing girl stories are almost frighteningly psychotic) and a miserable little life. I'll remember you in my prayers.

Seattle 21, Philadelphia 20, big goal line stand by Seahawks. (Sorry if I've distracted you from watching your Spanish language soap opera, David.):)

Wow! I would have hoped that the forum moderators were above this level of abuse. Anyone who isn't shocked by your behavior in this thread is a freakin' masochist and actually enjoys when a guest to your forum is unloaded on.

I'd be curious how your own political, philosophical, and moral views weigh out on such treatment as you just delivered. If this is morality from the political left then you can keep it.

Unbelievable

Verum said:
Let me end by saying, I do pity you. You've shown enough of yourself, of who and what you are, for me to know you're a lonely, angry, pathetic man, with serious delusions (your flying saucer and disappearing girl stories are almost frighteningly psychotic) and a miserable little life. I'll remember you in my prayers.

Wow, you really are something. I'm so glad that your true colors are spilling of your fingers - you think you know something about me and my life, and you found the need to denigrate my paranormal experiences and my character, after I was brave enough to share them with our audience. Nice work, Verum. I knew that going public with my experiences was likely to bring out scum like you, so I'm not shocked that you finally dove down to that level and accused me of being delusional. Fuck you, I know what I've seen, as have the folks who have been with me for many of these experiences - the UFO episode in Caracas involved my family and hundreds, if not thousands of other people. My close friend Bill saw the apparition with me. If he hadn't been there, I might have doubted my own eyes, but his presence made it clear that something objectively happened.

For your information, not only am I blessed with wonderful, close friends and a wonderful love of my life, I have had adventures and life experiences that someone like you can really, truly only dream of, and I feel comfortable saying this without even knowing anything about you. Anyone who actually knows me would read your words and laugh. You couldn't be further from the truth in your accusations.

Anyway, it's clear we don't see eye to eye (and never will), and while I'm completely open about who I am and how I feel, your show yourself to be an abusive, hollow person who doesn't even have the integrity to follow your own religious dogma. Good American and Christian you are, yeah, let's go kill some more innocents in the name of God, country and empire. You disgust me.

So I wish you adieu, and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

dB

Of course you're a "global citizen". That's the trite claptrap of every poor disaffected soul trying to hide their insecurities in the "I'm above tribalism" nonsense.

I rarely ever hear anyone say they are a global citizen. Doesn't seem trite to me. I have a hard time relating to your description, even though I think in terms outside nationalism. The insecurities part is what confused me the most.

Ok, ok, I'll be nice. Here's some Dolan vids for those who came to the thread interested in him.
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=richard+dolan&search=Search

First vid is on O Hare airport. The talking head almost made me forget I'm against violence (generally speaking). I wanted to smack his head. Not Dolan, the host, I forget his name.

UFO Secrecy might interest some. Knapp filling in for Art, interviewing Dolan. Scroll a bit down for it.

trainwreckjh8.jpg

Paranormal Packrat said:
First vid is on O Hare airport. The talking head almost made me forget I'm against violence (generally speaking). I wanted to smack his head. Not Dolan, the host, I forget his name.

His name is Glenn Beck, and I happen to be a fan of him. I don't agree with everything he says, but he sure has most of it right and tells what most of the media hides, even calling out his own network CNN in the process.

Back