• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Suggestion for BOINC Team

Gary

P.E.
I have recently reinstalled BOINC and started processing data for SETI again. I had an account that went back to when seti@home first started but lost it because my email address was changed by my IP so I'm starting over again...

You have the option with BOINC where you can have users donate time on behalf of a team. I don't see a team with 'Paracast' in the name, does one exist? If not I think its a interesting idea, cost nothing and provides a common goal for the listeners. You could announce milestones such as total donated time on the radio program too.

There are about 40 different projects offered through BOINC to choose from if you don't want to donate time to SETI.

BOINC URL: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/

Regards,
Gary

If you want to work with us to set up a team, we'd be happy to participate.

I would be happy to do that but there are some admin features that you may wish to have control of such as:
  • access team members' email addresses
  • edit the team's name and description
  • add or remove team admins
  • remove members from the team
  • disband a team if it has no members
Perhaps you might want to consider having someone directly connected to The Paracast take responsibility for it?

I would be happy to do that but there are some admin features that you may wish to have control of such as:
  • access team members' email addresses
  • edit the team's name and description
  • add or remove team admins
  • remove members from the team
  • disband a team if it has no members
Perhaps you might want to consider having someone directly connected to The Paracast take responsibility for it?

I suppose we need one of the forum moderators to volunteer. :)

Back