• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

suggested guest: Rupert Sheldrake!

mikec

Skilled Investigator
I've just posted (pretty much) this same note on the thread titled PSYCIC PETS, and it's rellevent here too...

====

PSYCIC PETS?

The go-to guy for this subject is the wonderfully articulate (and very British) Rupert Sheldrake.

He's one a lot of really interesting (and delightful) research into the PET's with ESP subject. He has done a lot of wonderful audio interviews and presentations, all logged on his site (see below).

And - He would be an AWESOME guest on the PARACAST (hint, hint).

The title of one of his (many) books says it all:

Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home: And Other Unexplained Powers of Animals by Rupert Sheldrake

amazon LINK:
http://www.amazon.com/Dogs-That-Their-Owners-Coming/dp/0609805339/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227459776&sr=1-2

Rupert's web-site LINK:
Rupert Sheldrake Online - Homepage

You have an ally in Mrs. Steinberg (Barbara), who has urged me to do more about psychic pets. So if David's up to it, we'll proceed. :)

She is a smart woman!

Rupert is an interesting guy, and he would have a really good take on a lot of the unexplainable weirdness on the UFO thing too.

He's amazingly "Emperical" (sp?)having done a LOT of really cool (and totally ignored) scientific research.

I use the term "Rupert Sheldrake's Morphic Field" a few times a week.

And I just KNOW David is gunna love this guy!

Take that thing indigenous people call Spirit, call it a "morphogenetic field," and suddenly 'rational' folks take you more seriously. Language is funny stuff. Rupert would be a swell guest...too bad Terrence McKenna isn't around. I've heard conversations between those two that were a hoot.

Take that thing indigenous people call Spirit, call it a "morphogenetic field," and suddenly 'rational' folks take you more seriously.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Sheldrake's morphogenic fields are a lot more than what anyone would call "spirit". Doesn't he say they are a sort of nonphysical template that a species carries with it and grows into? Something beyond genetic programming.

Regardless, he would be a great guest and I really hope Gene and David can get him on the show.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Sheldrake's morphogenic fields are a lot more than what anyone would call "spirit". Doesn't he say they are a sort of nonphysical template that a species carries with it and grows into? Something beyond genetic programming.

Regardless, he would be a great guest and I really hope Gene and David can get him on the show.
Or arguably less than spirit, but different in any case.

Morphic resonance is a fascinating concept.

I thought Sheldrake's morphogenic fields are a lot more than what anyone would call "spirit". Doesn't he say they are a sort of nonphysical template that a species carries with it and grows into?

That's one way of using words to describe certain aspects of the Great Spirit. A nonphysical template that all things are growing into.

Okay - I am gunna put the pressure on. Rupert Sheldrake is a GREAT fit for the PARACAST.

He's a good thinker, and he has a BEAUTIFUL voice. And, he's funny.

peace from idaho,
Mike C!

Back