• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strange Sounds and Voices

Can you record it on voice recorder, Blackberry, etc...? If you can, walk around with it recording and see where it is loudest.

Also post your recording.

Can you get someone else to hear it other than your boyfriend?

If you can hear it, but not record it even with a sensitive condenser mic, and a third party can't hear it, chances are it may me something in your inner ear.
I can ask if my techy friend has a good recorder and for that matter help me post it too. I don't know if and when this will happen. Not a bad idea though

I don't think it is an inner ear problem because when I put my hands over my ears I can not hear the sound. Also I think flying to Texas for Christmas would have mad e it worse.

This may or may not be good advice. Try humming or vocalizing the pitch you hear and see what happens.

I think I will wait until 3am when I can't sleep to try this..just kidding. Maybe in the morning or early afternoon if you think something weird can happen. I don't at all feel a presence with this.

When my mother's dog she loved as much, or more than anything died, she kept hearing either the phone ring, or beep, can't recall which, when it wasn't. In her case, the trauma apparently brought on some sort of hallucination.

When my mother's dog she loved as much, or more than anything died, she kept hearing either the phone ring, or beep, can't recall which, when it wasn't. In her case, the trauma apparently brought on some sort of hallucination.

Thanks are you saying I am hearing things?

I know I've mentioned this in another thread, I can't seem to track it down, but a few weeks ago, following a helicopter hovering over my house for hours, and later paragliders, I heard a disembodied electronic "Speak-n-Spell" voice say what sounded like "So, Use, One, Two."...followed by scratchy, scurrying sounds on the roof. This appears to be part of something ongoing. I haven't seen the helicopter or paragliders again, but I have many times heard what sound like many small engines, but could not locate the source.
Several times over the last few days both my girlfriend and I have heard what sounds like the sound a cell phone makes when the battery gets low and gives a warning beep. I heard it once while alone and didn't mention it to her. The next day I came home and she was in the office moving furniture and file cabinets around looking for something. When I asked what she was doing she said "I keep hearing a damn cell phone beeping and it's not mine or yours." Later that evening we both heard it again together. When I went to bed that morning at about 2:30 I heard another voice. This one much higher pitched than the first. It sounded like someone who had huffed helium talking through fan kind of. I could sense the source of the sound rush toward and get right up in my face. It said, very quickly " Three slip(ped?) daddy." When I woke up this morning, and was still laying in bed, there was another loud 'beep' sound. I thought the alarm clock may have had a glitch, even though it was off.
The woman who lived in this house before us had a ridiculous security system installed. The first day we moved in I dismantled it. There were sensors on every doorway in the house that beeped like a convenience store whenever a door opened. It was extremely annoying. I had not told my girlfriend about the voice in the night or the beeping, and when she left for work this morning, she commented "Maybe that lady had a reason for the crazy alarm system." I didn't pry.
I'm also wondering how it is possible for sounds to come through my stereo even when it's off. Several times I've heard a kind of stacatto crackling hum, kind of like someone typing Morse code really fast.
One of the reasons I moved here was to get away from weird events that have been very disruptive and upsetting throughout my life. I'm starting to think that whatever was causing those experiences has either followed me here, perhaps it is me, or else this place came custom fit with it's own 'whatever-the-hell-it-is.' The first 3 or 4 years here were pretty much uneventful as pertains to these things.

I too have a house with an old security system, I too heard the scratchy rooftop scurrying, my girlfriend and I have been "hearing things" now for almost a year since the rooftop events.

Firstly, there is a siren/ alarm device that is in your house if you haven't physically disconnected it that might explain some of the weirdness. I found mine located in the cold-air return behind the metal grate somewhere on the main floor( usually centrally located ), and ripped it right out. Secondly, I woke one night last spring because I heard what sounded like three children running across the roof, or in the attic above the bedroom. Thirdly, what are your dreams like lately...you may want to keep a journal.

During that little spate of weirdness, last spring I was experiencing a lot of almost "Instinctual" bouts of fear, like even your face hair standing up on end. Sort of like when I just read your post......

.....I still get the odd buzz from the chopper and, very infrequently.

I can relate to hearing strange noises. Every now an then when im home, most often at night ill hear what sounds like footsteps in the house or on the roof. Now when i hear the steps in the house its when i know for a fact im home alone or when im the only one awake. Or ill hear someone speaking then i look in that direction and there is nobody there. Occasionally i see shadows that look like human silotes when im alone. Now some of this could written off and explanied i admit but not all of it.

I too have a house with an old security system, I too heard the scratchy rooftop scurrying, my girlfriend and I have been "hearing things" now for almost a year since the rooftop events.

We had what sounded like children in the attic once. It turned out to be raccoons who had taken up residence for the winter. You'd be surprised how adept they are at finding a way in. Raccoons are also mainly nocturnal, so you normally hear them at night as they tend to sleep most of the day.

I am not saying this is the answer to the problems you are experiencing, but I would look at wildlife and other natural causes of this before turning to the supernatural for an explaination. You would be surprised how much noise raccoons, squirrels and mice can make.

We had what sounded like children in the attic once. It turned out to be raccoons who had taken up residence for the winter. You'd be surprised how adept they are at finding a way in. Raccoons are also mainly nocturnal, so you normally hear them at night as they tend to sleep most of the day.

I am not saying this is the answer to the problems you are experiencing, but I would look at wildlife and other natural causes of this before turning to the supernatural for an explaination. You would be surprised how much noise raccoons, squirrels and mice can make.
I have a small fish pond in my back yard. I live in a pretty dry area so I get lots of critter visits at night.
Whenever other weird events have been happening it can be easy to get spooked by the mundane.

I had an acquaintance experiencing bizarre sounds at night - footsteps, pops, bangs, scratching, crying and whispering. Gradually the culprits began to reveal themselves as squirrels who were coming into the house via the loft.

They started to actually appear around the inhabited levels of the house. They wreaked havoc - turning over bins, scattering rubbish, clawing the curtains, carpets, furniture, and ruining food. All in all they were literally driving both she and her husband to distraction. It got to the point where they were both carrying cricket bats around so that they could "whack" the squirrels if they came out. They also laid out large mousetraps with food.

They never actually managed to hit the squirrels or catch them. They (the squirrels) always seemed to be one step ahead. The couple were both convinced that the squirrels knew the effect that they were having on them and were deliberately waging a terror campaign against them to drive them out. They anthropomorphized them to the degree that their descriptions sounded like a military campaign. It was amazing how a few small animals managed to create so much stress for a couple in just a few weeks.

Eventually the hole that had allowed the animals to get in was sealed and the RSPCA found some baby squirrels in the nest, which they relocated along with the mother. The couple said that they were sure that had seen at least 3 or 4 different adult squirrels. The other squirrels were never seen again and remain at large.

I have a small fish pond in my back yard. I live in a pretty dry area so I get lots of critter visits at night.
Whenever other weird events have been happening it can be easy to get spooked by the mundane.

I recall hearing some cats having sex once when I was very young. I thought a human baby was being slowly murdered at first. They make very weird sounds.

I recall hearing some cats having sex once when I was very young. I thought a human baby was being slowly murdered at first. They make very weird sounds.
Bobcats sound like a crazy woman screaming. Absolute bloodcurdling horror the first time I heard one of those things alone in the woods when I was a kid.

The funny thing is that I WISH it were a racoon, unfortunately they are extremely rare in this part of Canada, I was up on the roof this summer looking for ways in to the attic. I have also checked the soffit and fascia around the perimeter of the house. I was thinking exactly what you were thinking becuse I was trying to post-rationalize what had transpired. I have sort of become comfortable in the knowlege that I don't know what it was. Too small to be teenagers too big to be cats or gray squirrels, it sounded like little kids on the roof running from one end of the house over to right above the bedroom.

I appreciate the concern Anubis, it is easy enough to apply fear or a belief system to unexplained sensory phenomenon, which is often something misunderstood and banal as far as explanation.

My girlfriend I had some wacky dreams after that, but I want to see if Skunkape gets em' as well before I post them.

My girlfriend I had some wacky dreams after that, but I want to see if Skunkape gets em' as well before I post them.
I have plenty of wacky dreams, some more lucid than others. I don't recall the time difference, seems like it was no more than a couple of weeds, before these events I had an unsettling sleep paralysis type dream. There was an old man that looked like Doc from 'Back to the Future' standing at the foot of my bed and this black 'tar-baby' like entity was wrestling with my girlfriend beside me. Don't know if there is any connection, but it was a messed up dream.

Do any of you experiencers get these type of "BORG' dreams? That is what I started to call them. These are very frequent lucid dreams where I hear and see all different type of technology around my apartment or where ever the lucid dream happens to take place. Most of the time I am trying to unplug or disconnect from this but am always unable until I make myself wake up.

These dreams feel very sinister and controlling. Lots of beeping, TV's radios or someone just talking. I can see things like computers,TVs, radios,speakers and big metal boxes and other things during these dreams. I can also feel the night before when one of these will happen most of the time.

I would have to look at some dreams that I have written down to give the specifics of one of these.

Back