• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Steve Bassett Interview

auntigrav,

Where I think Bassett is delusional is in thinking that he can lobby his way to disclosure. This is like trying to stop Hitler's persecution of the Jews in WW2 by having a letter writing campaign and/or a petition with 10,000 signatures.

Whoever or whatever is keeping a lid on UFO information is not going to be pressured by Steve Bassett, Congress, the Senate, the Supreme Court or the President.

Bassett seems to believe in a very straight forward organized world where every truth can be known if you just go through the proper channels or chain of command and apply the pressure of public opinion. I sincerely disagree. I think this issue is so Black in terms of Black Ops invisibility that it would rival Dark Matter and the darkest center of a Black Hole in Space. There is no way I can conceive of getting ufo disclosure unless the people/entities with the information decide to do so because it in some way enhances THEIR agenda.

Fastwalker said:
auntigrav,

Where I think Bassett is delusional is in thinking that he can lobby his way to disclosure. This is like trying to stop Hitler's persecution of the Jews in WW2 by having a letter writing campaign and/or a petition with 10,000 signatures.

Whoever or whatever is keeping a lid on UFO information is not going to be pressured by Steve Bassett, Congress, the Senate, the Supreme Court or the President.

Probably, yes. But we don't lock people up for being delusional any more. We make them into presidents now.

Maybe he'll get lucky and walk into some Intelligence Committee member's office on a bad day and the guy says, "You know, you're right! I'm fed up with this crap, too. Let's get the Post in here and raise some dead bodies!"

Meanwhile, he's enjoying himself and I don't think he's hurting anything with his Quixotic quest. "If we can get 2 people doing it.. then 3... then 20 people....etc."
Delusional? Sure it is, but not as delusional as thinking we can keep living the way we live and still have a planet left for our children. If not now, when? If not Bassett, then who?
If we can't get the government to come clean on UFO's, then what CAN we get them to come clean on? Iran Contra? Whitewater? Iraq? 9/11? Henry Wallace? The IRS?

I just listened to the audo book "Tell It When I'm Gone"- about Gerald Ford's off-record interviews. It's depressing to think that someone with so many connections had little better to do than putz around with the Republican Party's politics and make speeches. If there ARE conspiracies of deep black projects, perhaps there's some hope for our future. If there aren't, we are freakin' doomed in our mediocrity.
I hope the UFO thing turns out to be all government secrets. At least then I could believe SOMEONE is doing something intelligent, whether we get to find out about it or not. Maybe that's the hope of the UFO community: that there has GOT to be something better going on than what we see in the news, or humans don't deserve this planet.

Yea, just listened to this epz. By the end of it I almost had to turn the speed down, he was zipping along so fast. This guy is by no mean's delusional, whether he's right or not I don't think makes any difference to him. He had highly intelligent answers to all the questions asked of him, and a very well thought out view on what he would like to see. It will be interesting over the next couple of years to see what goodness and what crap went along for the ride.
<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 2.3 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { size: 21cm 29.7cm; margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> </style> Verbal Kint – The man with the plan. A obscure tought that just popped into my head

Back