• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stanton "nuclear physysicistist' friedman

callmesnake

Skilled Investigator
If I ever hear this guy say these in an interview again....

"Y'know what SETI stands for don't you, Silly Effort To Investigate"

"most isotopes are not fissionable, If I wanna build a reactor, I only care about the one's that are"

"Nasty noisy negativists"

Every interview, the same cliched responses. Has this guy said anything new in the last 20, 30 years

So which one of these is no longer relevant? It's easy to chide Friedman but none of what he says is any less relevant today than it was then. You don't always have to come up with new material. Especially when the old stuff is still accurate.

The problem is he doesn't seem to elaborate or further his argument with more recent examples. He's like an old comedian with the same punchlines to the same old jokes you've heard time and time before.

What are you expecting him to say? He has evolved his involvement into the Abduction arena with the Betty and Barney Hill case. He has written books about the general state of ufology.

Personally, I believe that his consistency over time is a huge part of his credibility. One just has to look at Clifford Stone, Richard Dolan, Stephen Greer, Jim Penniston, and LMH when they start pushing every button they can find. If you take any of these names and only concentrate on a singular aspect, they seem legit and credible. Clifford Stone on his early FOIA work, Dolan with his first book, Greer for some of the witnesses in the Disclosure stuff, Penniston on his early remembrances of Bentwaters, and LMH for her early cattle mutilation work.

Now start listening to each once they felt the need to constantly reinvent themselves and stay current. Stone with the underground alien bases and the shooting of the MIB. Dolan and the myriad of injected mysticism and many leaps of logic on display in the second book. Greer, jeez just the uttering the name makes me feel dirty. Penniston's hypnosis induced memory of binary code and the ever expanding notebook. LMH and her extensive work on the drone nonsense. When you start looking at this in relation to his contemporaries, Friedman's unchanging message isn't such a bad thing.

99% of world get their news and thus form opinions based entirely on 20 second sound bites. Unfortunately, I think its the sign of the times.

Friedman is a classic figure in UFOlogy because his work is largely active and hands-on. One could fault him for being a little too stuck on Roswell. But, his work on Roswell is thorough and consistent. One may agree with his viewpoints or not. But time has shown him to be consistent and sincere.

Friedman is a classic figure in UFOlogy because his work is largely active and hands-on. One could fault him for being a little too stuck on Roswell. But, his work on Roswell is thorough and consistent. One may agree with his viewpoints or not. But time has shown him to be consistent and sincere.

I for one think it's important to consider motive. The real problem with Friedman is simple. EXACTLY like Snake states, he's lost to the past, minus any hypothetical evolution whatsoever. Pont blank, he doesn't know ANYTHING about UFOs just like the rest of us, apart from a personally accepted hypothetical take. All the Nuclear Physicist entitlement he might possess does not mean a thing. I was a SF fan boy for many years until I listened to a live simulcast on ATS here about 2 or 3 years back when he stated emphatically that the US's prototypical and experimental aircraft undertakings were at best several (as in two or three) years outside of public awareness within the "scientific community". That's absolute horse shit and frankly can be proved incorrect in spades in terms of the US's technological developments over the course of the last 75 years. Stanton these days comes off a little too self important in as much of having nothing of real value to state for the record. He's one big commercial rerun, and quite frankly, like Richard Dolan, Timothy Good, and a HUGE handful of the "in crowd" authors, their motives come off as being primarily monetary at this point. Clear as a bell, no pun intended.

I rather like Stan. I don't think he deserves that degree of hostility. And John Keel, well, thorough research on him yields some dubious "contributions" and shines the light rather brightly on his feet of clay. Mothman Prophecies indeed. Hardly a work of any remote veracity.

Point out the hostility, if you would.:) I think we all can agree that Stanton has done and is still doing a tremendous 'job' out there.

I rather like Stan. I don't think he deserves that degree of hostility. And John Keel, well, thorough research on him yields some dubious "contributions" and shines the light rather brightly on his feet of clay. Mothman Prophecies indeed. Hardly a work of any remote veracity.

That and .10 will buy you a cup of coffee. There was positively nothing hostile about what I wrote. Could you please point to the hostility specifically? Friedman comes across like a broken record minus any real statistics whatsoever. Friedman compared to Keel is like comparing an investigative ufological version of a one armed paper hanger to Leonardo DeVinci, or Einstein. Honestly, it's Friedman that comes across as "dubious". Can you say MJ12, and ETs stranded in Roswell? Hogwash.

Like I stated, Keel has given his opinions weight via facts. Please point me to Stanton's facts apart from his "I'm a Nuclear Physicist" ufological birthright. Stanton IMO serves to take us further away from the truth and much closer to the comic books. JMO, and I have read them both intently throughout the years.

Back