• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stanton Friedman R.I.P.

This is very sad news.

As a kid I remember watching Stanton on various UFO documentaries/debates. At the time I was convinced that UFOs were a genuine phenomenon (I still am). However, ,naturally, on most of these programmes there would be various people debunking/ridiculing the phenomenon, as would my dad who would normally be watching these shows with me.

However, I would find Stanton's presence in these shows reassuring. His clear, rational arguments, and command of the facts, helped me to understand that it was not foolish or silly to hold opinions such as mine about UFOs, and gave me the confidence to trust my own judgement. And for that, I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you Stanton Friedman RIP

What I admired most about Stanton, apart from the fact that he was a genuine nuclear physicist, was his steadfast dedication to ufology as serious subject of inquiry. By that I don't simply mean studying UAP ( Unidentified Aerial Phenomena ) or ( Unidentified Aerospace Phenomena ), which are terms that have been adopted by less intrepid researchers in order to avoid the so-called baggage that the word "UFO" carries.

Like many others, myself included, Stan was convinced that human civilization, as we know it, has been visited by craft of alien origin, most probably from another star system, and he made no apologies for that belief. In fact he would make a point of saying, "I'm not an apologist ufologist." He braved the critics and proudly persisted in his quest to find the evidence that would prove his case beyond any reasonable doubt.

Today, many of us in the field of ufology can thank Stanton Friedman for his tireless efforts to raise public awareness about the reality of UFOs. He inspired more than one generation to carry on the quest for truth about UFOs, including the full disclosure of evidence, much of which remains classified to this day. Yes, Flying Saucers Are Real, and so was Stanton Friedman.

Last edited:
Stanton Terry Friedman took his last breaths in this world in a place where he spent so much time over the past five decades–– an airport. He died in Toronto on May 13th, on the way home to Fredericton from a speaking engagement in Ohio.

He officially retired in 2018, but his passion for speaking about UFOs kept him accumulating air miles, even at the age of 84. Over the years, he lectured in 10 provinces, 50 states, and 19 countries.

Stan was born on July 29, 1934. He grew up in Linden, New Jersey, but after meeting his wife, Marilyn (Kimball), he became so smitten, he eventually followed her across the border to New Brunswick, Canada, where they put down roots in Fredericton, a city he happily called home for nearly 40 years.

Along with Marilyn, Stan leaves behind his daughters Rachel and Melissa (David Parsons), a grandson, James Kenneth (Luzelle Carranza Aquino) and a great-grandson, James.

He was predeceased by two sons, Sean and James Leo.

Decades before his attention was captured by little green men, Stan worked as a waiter in the Catskills to put himself through university. It was there in the “Borscht Belt” that he he first laid eyes on a lobster and danced with debutantes.

Afterwards, he worked as a nuclear physicist for General Electric, McDonnell Douglas, and other companies. But by the 1970’s he’d abandoned those top secret projects to focus on his research into UFOs. In that career, he gave hundreds, more likely thousands of interviews and appeared on TV shows such as Larry King Live, and Unsolved Mysteries. He is heralded as the man who brought the “Roswell Incident” into the public eye.

While his mind often dwelled on solar systems light years away, here on earth, he was a kind–hearted softie who never failed to hold open a door or pull out a chair for the people he was with. Stan was a man who was out of this world, but he’ll be greatly missed by those of us still on the planet.

A public visitation will be held at the York Funeral Home on Friday, May 17, 2019 from 4 to 8pm.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the International UFO Museum & Research centre in Roswell, New Mexico. Personal condolences may be offered through www.yorkfh.com

Back