• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stalemate

Bixyboo

Skilled Investigator
Just finished listening to Robert Hastings interview at Parnormal Podcast and it was so good I listened to it three times!

The last 10 minutes are THE most fascinating, I've rarely heard answers like this as to why disclosure to the public doesn't happen:
He said (and I'm not quoting just paraphrasing).

Religious implications: All those fundamental religious people who don't believe in the existence of UFO's/Aliens would be faced with trying to reconcile this and that impact on various levels..

Political Implications: Hastings said that The world enemies wouldn't want to tell the other that
1) UFO's/Aliens are in contact with them
2) That neither can defend oneself from them.

They can (and apparently have) completely disable our nuclear missles, etc. He says the fact that these crafts can literally stop on a dime, move with extremely high speeds, stop and go in an impossible ways, etc. proves that they're using such advanced technology, that the government, Military just agree NOT to talk about or dislose it.

Hastings also said that the possible issue may arise that the world would stop listening to their political leaders and start looking to the ET's for their advice and help, and the implications of THAT on many levels.

Economic Implications: Hastings said if the President ever announced that aliens were here, that it could make the current economic crisis look like child's play.

He said that you don't know how it could affect the international situations.

Love hearing and discussing stuff like this!

Anyone else hear the interview?

No offense, but what was the fascinating part? Aren't those the same arguments that have been made against disclosure for the last 50 years?

I don't know, just the way he presented it was fascinating to me, that's all. I personally hadn't heard some of the answers presented the way he did them. *shrug*

He also strongly suggested something like the aliens and the world's leaders have come to a tacit understanding not to disclose, etc..

Haven't listened to this, in fact, I'm not even familiar with that podcast, but I will have to check it out.

I'm going to throw something out there, and forgive me if this is a bit on the "conspiracy nut" side, but I find the idea interesting.

It's no mystery that religion has a HUGE stranglehold on our governments and nations. The UFO issue challenges this on a major level. If the government really does have ET tech, how plausible would it be that they would use it as the ultimate trump card? Something like, say, fabricate the return of a Christ figure by having him arrive in a UFO? :eek: Of course, he would be their plant, and many religious minded folks would view this figure as the anti-Christ. It could be one step closer to the ultimate take over and play right into millions of people's belief system. I don't know, I just think it's an interesting idea and might be fun to discuss.

Vertigo Comics put out a series some years back called "Preacher" (I believe HBO is planning on turning it into a mini-series) that presents this idea. It's a fascinating, dirty, apocalyptic read. Fun, engaging stuff with scary implications.

I find it remarkable that there was quite a lot of interest, and also ET contacts, up until mid to late 90s. Then, interest waned, and so did the phenomenon. I guess the ETs figured that we're regressing into another dark age, with religiously motivated wars and all that.

From the ET point of view, we must be a pretty boring bunch, if not annoying. If I was them, I wouldn't waste time with coming here, for sure.

... Something like, say, fabricate the return of a Christ figure by having him arrive in a UFO? :eek: Of course, he would be their plant, and many religious minded folks would view this figure as the anti-Christ. It could be one step closer to the ultimate take over and play right into millions of people's belief system...

all right, but there are millions of non-Christians who would not even be tempted to think that way. Christ was a Jew, and he had many doubters in his own religion; I believe none of them today consider him to be anything more than a preacher.

IF we take your scenario and twist it by inserting someone OTHER than Christ, someone whom most of the world's population would consider being the answer to our problems, whom would we have to pick?

Buddha has the same problem as Christ, not enough followers, Hindhu religion has too many gods/goddesses, Judaism still has a Messiah outstanding, somewhere...

So who would qualify? If there are ultra-advanced beings from another place and/or time visiting us, perhaps they wouldn't need a shill. They may be the best qualification for a deity or Messiah that we could possibly find. Hell, they might even have started the whole business of religion so they could somehow use it to their advantage when they came back to check on the farm and see how the animals are doing.

Perhaps that would be a valid reason for non-disclosure, the masses looking to the 'exotic' for direction, and not paying attention any more to their own systems of government. (Someone said something much like that in an earlier post.)

Imagine what knowledge of et would have done to a Bible-thumping alcoholic such as Bush Jr. Or maybe that is what happened, he went nuts when he found out the truth and started seeing ets everywhere, especially in the middle East.:eek:

Heard that one too Bixy, My only complaint with that episode is that it wasn't long enough, just started getting good and then the interview was over.

I agree with everything you say here.

Many people I think would be persuaded to believe that maybe Christ IS real if presented with a living being claiming to be this person. I don't know. And he may not need to be presented as Christ for him to be perceived as such by believers. He could possibly be hailed as our savior, the messiah, or whatever and leave the entire Christ angle out of it.

No matter which way you spin it, undoubtedly the whole world would be paying attention and willing to at least listen even if they didn't believe. If this person was able to perform "miracles", a lot of doubt would be cast upon the way we all think about the world we live in.

Again, I'm just throwing this out there and I appreciate whatever random thoughts anyone may have. (I also don't mean to be a thread-jacker here, so apologies if it appears that way.)

Screw government, screw religion, and screw money. They've got the Big Guns. Deal with it you bunch of arrogant little meat sacs. Let's make music and maybe They'll land. Does that sound crazy or stupid?

Well, listened to this show for the 7th time. (The Paranormal Podcast interview) I can NOT get ENOUGH of this particular interview!

I hope he reveals MORE along this line here at The Paracast!

It was so good, I want to transcribe it!

Screw government, screw religion, and screw money. They've got the Big Guns. Deal with it you bunch of arrogant little meat sacs. Let's make music and maybe They'll land. Does that sound crazy or stupid?

is "both" an option? I hate multiple choice.

Back