• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Spontaneous Human Combustion Vids

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
Here's an interesting subject that hasn't been brought up yet in the forums (I think). Spontaneous Human Combustions or SHC for short.

P9UScsmfzbs

N1qmRA-ZvZQ

A.LeClair said:
Here's an interesting subject that hasn't been brought up yet in the forums (I think). Spontaneous Human Combustions or SHC for short.

Actually, we did discuss the topic with author Larry Arnold on our March 14, 2006 episode. However, the forum was barely started at that point.

Gene Steinberg said:
Actually, we did discuss the topic with author Larry Arnold on our March 14, 2006 episode. However, the forum was barely started at that point.

Yeah, I listened to the show:) I haven't seen it in the forums, so I made the thread.

musictomyears said:
There is an interesting entry at wikipedia about SHC:

Spontaneous human combustion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Truly mysterious stuff... And rare. In particular, the fact that flesh and bones get incinerated, without burning the clothes... That IS spooky.

SHC has been greatly explained away by the wick theory. Bone to ash etc. This has been achieved in laboratory tests. But there are cases where the person survives and eyewitness reports of flames shooting out from people. One case a doctor reports seeing a blue flame shoot out from from a patient's stomach. I've seen photos of a SHC survivor, where he had burn holes in his body. Really bizarre.

I don't know if this is just folklore, but I read one case where two twins blew up at the same time, in different locations. If that sort of thing really occurred, we need a lot more than the wick theory to explain SHC.

Back