1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

Special Paracast Episode: ET Hypothesis Debate

Discussion in 'The Question Bank' started by Gene Steinberg, Nov 29, 2017.

1. marduk

marduk quelling chaos since 2352BC

Combat Epistomologist
    All fine and well except it wouldn’t work.

The problem, you see, is life. Life absorbes shit. Metabolism is a bitch.

Any industrial contaminants would be recorded in trees, plankton, ice cores with bacteria - all kinds of places.

There isn’t any industrial contaminants pre humans elsewhere. It’s the kind of things whole areas of science have looked into - prehistory atmosphere makeup, carbon ratios, all kinds of things.

And if the Yilane were here, we could have found those cool whale boat things in the fossil record.

Usual Suspect and mike like this.
  2. mike

mike Administrator Staff Member

While OOPARTS are not proof, they do open the door to the possibility

17 Out-of-Place Artifacts Said to Suggest High-Tech Prehistoric Civilizations Existed

The Mystery of OOParts

Nowadays, finding a strange artifact in coal is a relatively frequent occurrence. The first discovery of this sort was made in 1851 when the workers in one of the Massachusetts mines extracted a zinc silver-incrusted vase from a block of unmined coal which dated all the way back to the Cambrian era which was approximately 500 million years ago. Sixty one years later, American scientists from Oklahoma discovered an iron pot which was pressed into a piece of coal aged 312 million years old. Then, in 1974, an aluminum assembly part of unknown origin was found in a sandstone quarry in Romania. Reminiscent of a hammer or a support leg of a spacecraft “Apollo”, the piece dated back to the Jurassic era and could not have been manufactured by a human. All of these discoveries not only puzzled the experts but also undermined the most fundamental doctrines of modern science.
    Read more: 300-million-year-old UFO tooth-wheel found in Russian city of Vladivostok

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Usual Suspect, blowfish and marduk like this.
  3. marduk

Combat Epistomologist
    There was a bitchin' episode of TNG with that as it's premise.

mike likes this.
  4. marduk

Combat Epistomologist
    It's a big jump from grape juice batteries probably used for ancient electroplating (we have found electroplated stuff, too) to spaceships.

And there's a whole lotta stuff that's problematic in that list. The Dendara image probably wasn't a light bulb, for example:
    Dendera light - Wikipedia

And if they had light bulbs, why have lamp burn marks inside ancient Egyptian sites?

I'm all for Hancock-esque ancient civilizations that we've never heard of. Like Golbeki Tepi.

But I can't see them being spacefaring.

mike likes this.
  5. marduk

Combat Epistomologist
    (PS I know about the electroplating stuff after almost getting kicked out of university because I was electroplating random objects with gold or silver for girls. Apparently that's stealing. I came across the 'bagdad battery' and what it may have been used for and replicated the results with a 9V battery. They took away my keys to the chem lab and I got a reprimand).

(PPS It was worth it though).

mike likes this.
  6. mike

Thomas R Morrison and marduk like this.
  7. marduk

Combat Epistomologist
    Thomas R Morrison likes this.
  8. mike

9. CuriousObserver

CuriousObserver Skilled Investigator

Hi Mike,

Fellow Aussie here. I grew up on the NSW Central Coast and now just up the road in Lake Macquarie. I should say, The Mysterious Central Coast, because around 92-94 there were some very strange things going on. The most famous has already been written about, however, another took place during this time around May-July (I think 92/93) which received local coverage on radio. This involved a sighting by two police officers late at night while in a patrol car parked overlooking the Brisbane Waters (a lake). A friend of mine also claims to of had a late afternoon daylight sighting in 1987 with another friend while playing in a local park called Alan Davidson oval. The park was full of people walking their dogs, playing cricket, and children hanging out. They saw a large cigar-shaped craft that hovered around 300 meters above treetops. It was visible for around 25-30 mins...but I digress.

Regarding the show:

I don't think the ETH is mutually exclusive to the Other Tenants in The Building Theory (OTTBT) Chris has talked about. Do they come here and use another dimension (String, M, and Super-String Theory) to travel as the laws of physics in that other dimension permit faster travel over large distances. A civilization thousands of years more advanced would probably have solved the problems required to make this happen. Given the wide variety of unusual humanoids seen it might not be ridiculous to also posit that something else lives here but in one of these other dimensions String Theory suggests exists. What is to say OTTBs are here but we can't see them or interact with them and their world because they, and their world, exists beyond the visible light spectrum?

I think we need to guard ourselves against assuming anything in either direction. We need more hard evidence. The only issue here is: how do we measure something in another dimension, parallel world, or something even weirder. Does our technology need to catch-up just so we can even discover and investigate what lies beyond our 3-dimensional world?

Take this for example: we can't see the air we breathe. We can't see oxygen, nitrogen, and many of the gases we know to exist. There is definitely something worth investigating here. We just need the right tools and technology to detect and explore further.

Great show! Thank you to all involved.

10. Azz7092

Azz7092 Paranormal Adept

Fantastic episode guys ! we definitely need more of this, as part of "The Military Industrial Complex" i can tell you from experience that you get "Boffins" who are highly intelligent but lack common sense so all the mistakes that get made are due to not having an equal balance of both intellect and common sense. and its all about being "READ ON" to the Particular OP that your on.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 11:01 AM
  11. Usual Suspect

Usual Suspect USI Calgary

Home Page:
    Fabulous post explaining Rees' Maxim. I've heard skeptics try to dismiss it's validity a number of times. This exposé sets things in their proper perspective. Great find!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 11:25 AM
  12. CuriousObserver

I think that is what distinguished this show from many others - the level of rationality went beyond what people normally expect of the UFO crowd. I don't mean that to degrade people. Fact is people who are interested in the field - regardless of how rationally they approach things they are pilloried for their interest.

13. CuriousObserver

You give very good analysis Mike..

As a fellow Aussie it would be great to catch-up with you one day champion. Over Skype maybe? I had started to put together material for an eBook on the weird things that go on in our neck of the woods. The Blue Mountains and Central Coast are not short of unusual happenings. Have you read any of Rex Gilroy's work?

14. Usual Suspect

Usual Suspect USI Calgary

Home Page:
    I used to think OOPArts were serious evidence until I tried getting verification from independent sources that could reasonably prove their authenticity, and when I did that, I started running into all sorts of skeptical counterpoint, a lot of which made perfect sense, and no substantial verification. In other words, none of these finds were unexplainable in some mundane terms. Maybe there have been more I haven't looked into since I last looked, but I'd think that if something truly amazing had been discovered and verified, then we'd be hearing a lot more about it, including some sort of dating of the object itself rather than just the surrounding material, and there'd be a lot more than single odd artifacts. Along with things like a vase, we'd expect to find things like the table it sat on, the building it was in, the community around it, along with thousands more artifacts near the find that conclusively proves the time and date.