• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Speaking of Coming Back

it was a rubbish show back then, just the mention of it brings the shows theme music right back to mind, a modern version wont be any different than james bond hokum, if you are into tosh like that, im sure it will be pleasing.

robert vaughn is still making tv and films now, he is the one i remember, dunno what happened to the blond guy, did he ever make any decent tv after that show, because vaughn went on to make some good tv..

The "blond guy," David McCallum, is presently a member of the cast of the U.S.A.'s number one scripted drama on CBS, NCIS, where he has played Dr Donald "Ducky" Mallard, a medical examiner, since 2003. I expect far more people have seen him in his current role than in his portrayal as a Russian spy back in the 1960s.

But they do recognize his past. So, in one episode, NCIS agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harman), is asked, "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?" Gibbs responds, "Illya Kuryakin."

aye ofcourse he is, the nutty prof, plays it well, just not a show i watch, i did several years ago, the lead plays the best character well, moody, like grissom.

but i tire of shows like that quick, seen one, ya have seen em all, but law and order i will watch day after day, i think you would be impressed by the brit version aswell, the conversion of the stories has been written well

the american cop series, that kept chopping from camera angle to camera angle, jump jump jump, was irritating until you got right into the characters, then it was unmissable for me, so unmissable, i cant remember its name, but seriously that was proper tv, for me.

In the 1960s, producer/actor Sheldon Leonard (known as a movie gangster and one of the creators of some of the most famous sitcoms in those days, including "The Dick Van Dyke Show") was one of the Executive Producers of "I Spy," which was notable for being the first TV drama starring a black actor, Bill Cosby. It so happens Cosby was, as with many comedians, quite a gifted actor. He also had a terrific onscreen report with costar Robert Culp.

They chose Eddie Murphy for the remake, perhaps because he was also a black comedian with credible acting chops when he chose to demonstrate them. But the script was bad and the concept was bad. Had they simply followed the original premise from start to end, and played it straight with a few funny overtones, such as in the early "Lethal Weapon" movies, it would likely have been a good movie — and possibly a hit. Buddy cop/spy movies, when well done, do succeed.

In the 1960s, producer/actor Sheldon Leonard (known as a movie gangster and one of the creators of some of the most famous sitcoms in those days, including "The Dick Van Dyke Show") was one of the Executive Producers of "I Spy," which was n.....

he's the bar tender in Its a Wonderful life. cool.

i know its a particular favourite of yours, i can't see it being any good if Will Smith isn't in it and other people are reprising their roles, might as well just call it something else.

i know its a particular favourite of yours, i can't see it being any good if Will Smith isn't in it and other people are reprising their roles, might as well just call it something else.
He was one of a gifted ensemble that made the first film work. But it doesn't appear that'll happen. Regardless, it's still possible to do a credible sequel, and perhaps, if they came to realize his presence was needed, they'd write a bigger check.

Back