• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Spaceship & City on the Moon, or elaberate hoax?

Miah

Skilled Investigator
This guy is posting videos he claims are from the supposedly not-so-canceled Apollo 20 mission, showing a ship and a city on the moon:
retiredafb

The picture of the spaceship area of the moon seems to show the same object and the craters around it seem consistant. If it is fake, it is entertaining.
Apollo Image Atlas

"Videos of the boldest and most secret apollo mission. Apollo 20 went to the moon august 16 1976. Destination was Iszak D, southwest of Delporte Crater, farside of the moon. The mission was soviet-american. Crew was William Rutledge CDR, former of bell laboratories, leona snyder CSP bell laboratories, and alexei leonov, soviet cosmonaut former "apollo soyouz" (mission one year earlier). Station 1 on the moon was "the city"; Station two was "the ship". During the four EVA, LMP and CDR brought technical objects from the ship and a body, on of the two pilots of the alien spaceship. The body, the city and the ship were very old, age has been estimated 1.5 billion of years. Meteorit impacts, and dust/hills coverings testified that. Note that the ship has already been explored before the first human expedition reached the lunar singularity."

Footage doesn't look like it's from 76, and even looks doctored.

I didn't see anything that even remotely looked like cities.

The guy joined the site Apr 1.......

Very interesting, you can definitely see the exact same object in the Apollo Image Atlas, but blurred. That part is compelling.

The city part, however, is much more dubious. It really looks like just a painting that the camera is panning along.

My guess based on available data: This is either a complete hoax, or real info (ship) mixed with disinfo (city).

The guy mentions that the US gov will have to come clean with this information before Sep 2007. Wonder what he means by this? I guess it's a good way to cross this guy off the list for sure, if Sep comes and goes and nothing happens.

Miah said:
This guy is posting videos he claims are from the supposedly not-so-canceled Apollo 20 mission, showing a ship and a city on the moon:
retiredafb

The picture of the spaceship area of the moon seems to show the same object and the craters around it seem consistant. If it is fake, it is entertaining.
Apollo Image Atlas

"Videos of the boldest and most secret apollo mission. Apollo 20 went to the moon august 16 1976. Destination was Iszak D, southwest of Delporte Crater, farside of the moon. The mission was soviet-american. Crew was William Rutledge CDR, former of bell laboratories, leona snyder CSP bell laboratories, and alexei leonov, soviet cosmonaut former "apollo soyouz" (mission one year earlier). Station 1 on the moon was "the city"; Station two was "the ship". During the four EVA, LMP and CDR brought technical objects from the ship and a body, on of the two pilots of the alien spaceship. The body, the city and the ship were very old, age has been estimated 1.5 billion of years. Meteorit impacts, and dust/hills coverings testified that. Note that the ship has already been explored before the first human expedition reached the lunar singularity."

Fake - why would the have a 'most secret' Mission and label it Apollo 20-complete with a patch!. Doesn't add up. That would be evidence in 1976 that could have been lost and exposed the Mission-Any qualified research Intern could backtrack that, and start asking questions. I have a real hard time discerning photos on the Moon and such that say there are Cities,,,I just don't see it, I also have no space camera-photo interpretive training--....though I feel it is possible there may be items on the Moon we need to re-look at-, but I'm really gonna have to be convinced.....plus I'd like to see more photos available on higher res.....plus I am always wary of photoshopped Hoaxes...

MarsAve

I contacted him and got this strange response:
"Communication check for the Apollo 20 Mission

Thanks for your interest for the Apollo 20 mission. I receive many request from viewers. I can communicate with some of them, and I wish to establish a regular and good communication.

Here are some questions, don’t be offended, it is a way for me to establish priority for the correspondance. These questions and answers will be useful for me to authentify myself, I will include in the next step a linguistic and historic mark.

I will answer to every question about every fact of the mission, if I’m sure to have a penpal who has a good knowledge of the Apollo program, and who can investigate and find some of the failures in the Nasa-Usaf communication.

A website will be opened, with some major facts, pdf flight plans, lunar maps , scans of the 70mm hasselblad views. The actual tapes are numerized in a country who has poor video and 16 mm transfer possibilities.

What is the original name of the Apollo 204 mission.

What officially happened to the LM-15

What is the date of the end of fabrication of the two last Saturn V SA-514 and SA-515
(date of realease of the S-IVB)

What happened to these two Saturn V

What is the noun-verb inputs for displaying the MET time on the DSKY

About hi technology used now in space;
Which singuliar material is exhausted by the American Aurora space plane
What is the speed of ejection out of the main motors
What is the maximal altitude reachable by the aurora plane with two additional solid rockets

Return mail address: [email protected]"

I see that David already said this on ATS:

"In my professional opinion, the fabricated portion of this footage is obvious. My trained eyes see all of the problems, and if you google me, you'll have a basic understanding of my credentials and how they support my conclusion.

This is FAR from an "extraordinary feat", and was accomplished by someone with a tabletop, some modeling chops and After Effects.

Believe whatever you like. This is a hoax.

dB"

Miah said:
I see that David already said this on ATS:

"In my professional opinion, the fabricated portion of this footage is obvious. My trained eyes see all of the problems, and if you google me, you'll have a basic understanding of my credentials and how they support my conclusion.

This is FAR from an "extraordinary feat", and was accomplished by someone with a tabletop, some modeling chops and After Effects.

Believe whatever you like. This is a hoax.

dB"

Indeed. It's fabricated. Why do people seem to find this footage to be compelling? It's so obviously faked that I laughed when I first saw it.

Jeez....

And that email the guy sent to Miah seals it.

I call a hoax on the whole thing.

dB

Schuyler said:
Yup. he claims to be the American Commander of the mission and can "authentify" himself.

That's my new favorite word. I been saying it aloud all day. Authentify, authentify, authentify, authentify, authentify....

Alien ship on moon? - Apollo 20 video

I was doing my usual before-work surfing routine this morning when I came across
posted on an alternative news site.

edit - oops! sorry i didnt see this had been posted already :

its a hoax but not a very elaborate one. How does this guy claim to have come upon this footage? or the controversial stills? seems to me like a close up of something smaller that vaguely resembles the lunar surface, but it simply appears to be way to matt and to magnified. You can see the moon pretty well on a clear night, you think some one would have noticed a city by now... :p

His English and spelling are very poor, his grammar and usage are obviously foreign, or the guy's an idiot. I think it's the former.

The reason there's a patch is that they had designed the patch before the mission was canceled.

His questions are beyond me, and probably beyond anyone that didn't have insider knowledge of the Apollo 20 mission specs. I believe he's setting the bar so high that no one could possibly answer those questions, even if they Googled them all day.

And why, in '76, would there be a Russian, sorry, Soviet cosmonaut aboard an American lunar mission?

Yeah, Soyuz, I know.

Not to the moon.

I'm with David, time to wrap this one up.

Thank God he jiggled the camera around so much and had that Pyrex thing with the numbers up against the lens or we might have had a decent view.

Interesting that mission control has now been switched to Vandenberg AFB... Yeah, nobody in the HAM community would have noticed transmissions like that coming from the moon... But SETI sure would have, and they had radio telescopes looking for alien signals by '76, so...

NO.

As far as noticing the city, this is supposedly taking place on the back side of the moon, so it would have taken a mission like this to see it. Or maybe when astronauts were orbiting and out of radio contact, it's possible that they took photos or film of this during previous missions (Armstrong's alleged sighting of dozens of UFOs in the craters on the back side of the moon, being "warned off" the moon), and that was the reason they came back for this mission.

Still, why the high bar? Why all the cryptic questions? "I'm not going to answer your questions unless you know what color shoelaces the astronauts wore to the debriefing meeting, that was a top-secret, eyes-only get together between the Zetas and the shape-shifting reptoids from beneath the lower fourth dimension".

Geez. If you have information and data, you either show it or you don't. It makes absolutely ZERO sense for this guy (he's 77, right?) to ask such high-level questions that he'll be dead before they find anyone that knows the answers.

And of top of all that, his English is deplorable. Either this guy's been hiding in an Appalachian cave for thirty years, or he's from the same country that keeps sending me the spam from the recently deposed African prince that needs to put a few hundred million dollars into my bank account.

If anyone does manage to contact this guy, let him know about the Disclosure Project, and direct him to Dr. Steven Greer. That should be a fun power meltdown.

It's an amazingly bad hoax. If that is an alien ship it is the most poorly constructed vehicle in the universe. Look at the lines on that piece of shit. No uniformity, no symmetry. The guy was even too cheap to buy plastic models and cut them up. It looks like he used a lump of clay and a very shaky hand to draw the details. The camera moves are also horribly bad and look exactly like a hand held shot. If that was the movement of the lander then everyone inside would be dead from being bounced around the inside of the cabin like Shake N Bake. I love the panning shots of the lunar surface with absolutely no perspective change. It so disgustingly bad that I can't believe anyone thinks it is real for a second. Oops, I just barfed in my own mouth.

At least the Haiti UFO hoax were done by a pro 3D artist. This was a garage hack.

Just wait till the day when some great pros like David's friends or some of my friends at ILM attempt to do a super hoax. People would never know the difference. Then this whole field is in trouble cause every piece of film or photo of UFOs no matter how good will come into question.

There are shots in movies that people don't even realize are CG. The car chase scene in Spiderman 2 through Gothan city as seen from above is entirely computer generated. Cars, buildings, lightings, people,... everything is fake but is totally convincing. There are breakthroughs in lighting and skin rendering that will blow people away, if they only knew it was fake. 3D rendering are getting very close to being indistinguishable from reality. Pick up a copy of Cinefx at your local bookstore and see the state of the art computer graphics at work.

Spelling is one of the first things they teach you in Astronaut training.
It's extremely important to know how to spell in zero gravity.

Actually, the patches were likely already designed--the later Apollo missions were planned--but suspiciously canceled when the Russkies developed the technology to determine whether or not we were actually AT the moon.

Perhaps Apollo 20 was as real as Apollo 11?

Back