• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sorry, more guffing about Camelot.

D4rkRain

Paranormal Novice
This post was moved from the deep in the Contactees thread as i wanted to get some exposure/feedback on the old issue of Rich Dolan and Camelot.
Just wanted to add my view to this old chestnut. Sorry if i'm repeating past themes. I also thought it was good for a cheap laugh.

I recently listened to some of the LA Camelot er, presentations(cough) and also some othe interviews on the 'misguided ones' site.
I dont need to tell you lot what a load of utter cultish, newagey, unfounded, BS!
My brain actually started to melt.
I found it particularly amusing listening to people like Phd Doctors of quantum science try and talk in rational terms only for Bill Ryan(nice hat), Kerry Cassidy(i belive in santa claus) and David Wilcockhead to repeatedly jump in with statements involving '2012', 'consciousness' and the 'information field', 'Illuminati', 'reptilians', 'mind control', 'psychic dreams', 'new world order', 'stargates' and 'aliens on mars' to the embaressment of the interviewer. These people have already made up their mind and try to fit anything into their little box even if it has nothing to do with the conversation. I wanted to scream 'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU SPAZMALOIDS!
If i hear one more thing about 2012 or consciousness i'm going to sicky burp.

Classic statement from Dan Burisch, 'when we look at mars we are seeing it in the future' Doh!
Also Pete Peterson (i think?) 'we travelled in craft at super luminalspeed to other galaxies then came back to earth but somehow wasn't affected by time in any way' Doh!
Mr D Basiago 'There are pliosaurs on the surface of mars' Doh!
Alex Collier ' I met with Andromedans hundreds of times but never got a photo' Doh!
David Wilcrotch 'I get all my info from dreams and i'm the reincarnation of Fred Flintstone' Doh!
Alex Webber ' The world will blow up in 2012 i think, er sort of, maybe, coz of a big shiny thing called the sun' Doh!
David Icke 'Butterflies will fly out of my arse and heal the world of the evil reptilian Government monsters, Mmmkay!' Doh!
Steven Greer ' Give me money or i smash you like Steven Segal, Grrr!' Doh!

People like Alfred Webber(moron), Alex Collier(douchebag), and David Wilcock(what a total knobcheese he is) are treated like royalty or prophets by the Hoaxopolitics crowd, yet they base all their 'knowledge' on being 'intuitive' or being friends with Bob the alien. These people are pondlife on a David Icke, Steven Greer level and should be publicly castrated for brainwashing a desperatly gullible section of society into false hope when there is sufficient fact based research being done by other intelligent people.

I believe Rich Dolan is one of these people. I thought his speech was like a breath of fresh air in a conference full of stinkiness. Okay he was selling his book(nothing wring with that after all, its important work and has taken a large part of his life to complete).
He publicly disregarded the newagey people at the conference by calling for speakers to base their speeches on facts rather than mumbo jumbo or the movement would forever by a joke, which it is. He was also the only one to bring up important facts about the current state of the phenomena and impacts it could have in the future, facts that i think about all the time and hardly ever hear people talk about in a rational way.

I understand Davids view though. He is a very clever and passionate man(i have no intimate first hand knowledge of this thank god!) due to his experiences and that is understandable, so by Rich associating with known harmful destructor's of the UFO field, this will obviously cause a reaction. We all want the charlatans to cease their muddying of the waters and by helping their movement in any way is an act of sacrilege in the eyes of real experiencer's and researchers.

I have learnt a hell of a lot in a short space of time from Davids wisdom and from Richards work and will enjoy doing so as long as i can.
Lets not deem Rich guilty by association, his words make more sense than most and people like this are rare indeed. We must not fight eachother in the face of frustration. As always there is two sides to a coin. We would do well to remember this.

To infinity and beyond(joke)
Captain cod-piece the shapeshifter from the star system chlamydia.

All the loons you mention there D4rkRain, (Alex Webber, Steven Greer?) are suffering what I believe to be the consequences of the aptly named "toxicity" associated with this whole field.

They are simply deluded, and very annoying at times but dont you find it easier to recognize the flakes these days? It's like they dive into all this with an almost childlike attitude where they really are open to every fairy tale that comes their way.
Dont suppose this kind of bs will disappear any time soon, and even if all the secrets were revealed and all questions answered these kind of fantasies would still persist.

I figure it's a necessary part of our nature to wonder and speculate but because of things like TV, movies, video games, the internet whatever people have become more gullible.

Mark

Pollute and dilute, that is the game it would seem.

Anyone know anything about the funding and origins of this "Project"? It is so comprehensively bad that it cannot be an accident nor the work of a couple of gullible "researchers". Admit if Ryan, you are professionaly full of shit, now .. for whose benefit?

It seems designed to discredit virtually every area of real investigation of interest. Richard Dolan startled me with his justification for associating with these assclowns. Actually, he pissed me off to no end but he is free to do as he sees fit and earn a dollar here and there. I did find that Richard gradually started to sound (in interviews) like a true Camelot type and not a rigorous researcher.

I am down to a few sites and two podcasts left in the "credible" bracket. This remains only one of the TWO forums I peruse on this topic, the other being the subforum at Rigorous Intuition (and that one is pretty inactive on the topic right now).

This is the result sought by such efforts; enough "strange loops"and people throw up their hands is resignation. I smell a disinformation campaign, not a group of deluded idiots. Dolan lending his "cred" is icing on the cake.

You know what the whole ‘thing’ is so elaborate that I am more disturbed not by what is being suggested by these speakers but by the simple fact that these people are bringing the flow of knowledge to a standstill by speaking with such conviction – what about a bit of perspective taking!

It’s funny I have just read the book called the Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot which touches on some areas as discussed by Collier in his Camelot ‘sermon’ but from a different standpoint. However in the book there are a lot of references to David Bohm. Bohm was a great physicist and a supporter on the use of dialogue.

Something that all these individuals need to recognise as Bohm states “We have enough faith in our world-view to work from it, but not that much faith that we think it’s the final answer”.

Pollute and dilute, that is the game it would seem.

Anyone know anything about the funding and origins of this "Project"? It is so comprehensively bad that it cannot be an accident nor the work of a couple of gullible "researchers". Admit if Ryan, you are professionaly full of shit, now .. for whose benefit?

This is certainly part of it:

From Wikipedia on Laurence Rockefeller:

Rockefeller had a strong interest in the later stages of his life in UFOs. In 1993, along with his niece, Anne Bartley, the stepdaughter of Winthrop Rockefeller and the then president of the Rockefeller Family Fund, he established the UFO Disclosure Initiative to the Clinton White House, whose main request was that all UFO information held by the government, including from the CIA and the US Air Force, be declassified and released to the public. The first and most important test case where declassification had to apply, according to Laurance, was the Roswell UFO incident; this resulted in the Air Force Report in September 1994, which categorically denied the incident was UFO-related. Laurance subsequently briefed Clinton on the results of his initiative in 1995. Clinton did produce an Executive Order in late 1994 to force mass declassification of documents in the National Archives, but this did not specifically refer to UFO-related files.<SMALL><SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-1>[2]</SUP></SMALL>
He also had an interest, gained via his mother Abby Aldrich Rockefeller, in Buddhism and Asian cultural affairs. He also became interested in spiritual research and crop circles. He funded the research of Harvard Medical School Professor Dr. John Edward Mack, author of Passport to the Cosmos. He also funded a scientific study about crop circles in the late 1990s, in which scientists concluded that they were possibly dealing with an unknown energy source, as their research into a small number of them left them baffled.<SMALL><SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-2>[3]</SUP></SMALL>

It seems designed to discredit virtually every area of real investigation of interest. Richard Dolan startled me with his justification for associating with these assclowns. Actually, he pissed me off to no end but he is free to do as he sees fit and earn a dollar here and there. I did find that Richard gradually started to sound (in interviews) like a true Camelot type and not a rigorous researcher....

.... This is the result sought by such efforts; enough "strange loops"and people throw up their hands is resignation. I smell a disinformation campaign, not a group of deluded idiots. Dolan lending his "cred" is icing on the cake.

I've been asserting for a couple of years now that a better strategy for trying to get any meaningful answers to the UFO problem is to bring the subject into the mainstream, rather than allowing it to wallow in it's own self-imposed "ghetto," the same ghetto the Ryans are feeding, and that Dolan hopes to influence (and sell his books to). NARCAP has done this with some success, but I'm not aware of any other effort in any other arena that has made any progress.

Though, in reflection, bringing the subject into the mainstream (somehow ... I know not how) may not be enough. I just caught the vid posted elsewhere on the forum here of Sarah Palin fans attending a booksigning. The vid made it clear the majority of those interviewed really didn't have a clue as to what Palin was about, and yet those folks seemed comfortable about that.

Revealing.

I am concerned that the U.S.'s relative prosperity since World War II has allowed this nation to raise several generations of spoiled brats who are emotionally incapable of responsible living (which includes thoughtful citizenship and social dialogue), and are damned idiots to boot.

Thinking of the Global Warming discussion as an example, it is so heavily politicized it is virtually impossible to find the truth of it, and yet American recession recovery policy decisions are being based on it. As long as truth can be subject to public opinion, political pressure, and spin, we are "stuck" as a species.

We're on our own, ladies and gentlemen. Understanding the UFO subject is a "do it yourself" job, and may always be.

I've been asserting for a couple of years now that a better strategy for trying to get any meaningful answers to the UFO problem is to bring the subject into the mainstream, rather than allowing it to wallow in it's own self-imposed "ghetto," the same ghetto the Ryans are feeding, and that Dolan hopes to influence (and sell his books to). NARCAP has done this with some success, but I'm not aware of any other effort in any other arena that has made any progress.

Though, in reflection, bringing the subject into the mainstream (somehow ... I know not how) may not be enough. I just caught the vid posted elsewhere on the forum here of Sarah Palin fans attending a booksigning. The vid made it clear the majority of those interviewed really didn't have a clue as to what Palin was about, and yet those folks seemed comfortable about that.

Revealing.

I am concerned that the U.S.'s relative prosperity since World War II has allowed this nation to raise several generations of spoiled brats who are emotionally incapable of responsible living (which includes thoughtful citizenship and social dialogue), and are damned idiots to boot.

Thinking of the Global Warming discussion as an example, it is so heavily politicized it is virtually impossible to find the truth of it, and yet American recession recovery policy decisions are being based on it. As long as truth can be subject to public opinion, political pressure, and spin, we are "stuck" as a species.

We're on our own, ladies and gentlemen. Understanding the UFO subject is a "do it yourself" job, and may always be.

The Palin video reminded me of Adam Curtis' "Century of Self"; all of us have been marinated in messaging that is dedicated to our personal concepts of self, no matter how complex or simple.

This crowd sounded a bit like overfed parrots. Scary stuff.

Feel free to guff away. It is sad, really, that people are so scared of the unknown that they would rather place UFO phenomenon within the realm of new age hokum in order to give themselves a frame of reference so they can sleep at night.

Back