• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sorry, Anton ...

Squirrel

Paranormal Maven
door-on-mars-petrov.jpg

Commentator Anton Petrov posted a video of the "door on Mars," screen shot above.

Link:

But I have to say "Sorry, Anton" in response to Anton's attempt to write the doorway off as "pareidolia." (The tendency for people to see things which aren't actually present. Such as faces in clouds.)

That door in the video appears to have a smooth interior wall, looks like concrete, not at all like the exterior sandstone.

- Squirrel

If the sun struck them both the same, no reason to believe they'd look different.
In this particular example, the appearance of the weathered sandstone exterior, versus the smooth, light-grey, right-angled interior is so clear that I can't think of any way the interior can be seen as just more sandstone.

Just my two cents, of course.

I do hope eventually others will chime in.

-- Squirrel

Here below is the same image, and I did a "Sharpen" operation in my image editor, FYI:

door-on-mars-petrov2.jpg
It does look as if the "concrete wall" is integral with the exterior sandstone, when that crack is clarified.

However, that edge and colour difference just looks way too artificial to me. Brings to mind the ancient "Petra" buildings carved in to red stone in the Middle East.

-- Squirrel

Back