• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Something funky going on with the podcasts?

sorryidonthaveacoolname

Paranormal Novice
Hi guys,i have downloaded the last 2 podcasts and they wont play and end up crashing my portable mp3 player.This has never happened before so.....have you changed the bit rate from 44100/16?

They play sweet as on the p.c

I reformatted my player,virus check etc etc and re-d/loaded the podcasts and same thing happening...all other mp3 podcasts from other sources play a.o.k...Just wondering...Cheers,Antz

I'm not computer literate, much less would know what to do with a portable mp3 player, but right now, I'm listening to a Paracast show via 'GCN Live' www.gcnlive.com Could you 'download' them from there?

You can download the episodes from our site or GCN. The difference is that our files are combined, whereas GCN offers them in three segments. Also, if you download from our site, we get paid from a couple of advertisers who count the downloads as evidence of traffic. That's why we prefer you get the shows from here.

But there's been no change in the formatting since we joined the network last year. There's nothing that would crash anyone's MP3 player.

Well, as I said, we haven't changed anything. Even if the bit rate had changed, and it hasn't, that wouldn't impact how your MP3 player performs.

No other complaints so far.

What sort of MP3 player do you have?

No problems on my end keep up the good work Chris and Gene been a good stretch of shows lately.

Maybe you could try renaming or reformatting the mp3s after you download from the Paracast and see if that helps I dont think there is anything wrong with them as is.

Thats cool mate,must be something at my end...just formatted the player(D.S.E 4gb Neuron)again..Transferred your latest pod and one from Pat Timpone's show....both mp3 64k...And same thing.Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thats cool mate,must be something at my end...just formatted the player(D.S.E 4gb Neuron)again..Transferred your latest pod and one from Pat Timpone's show....both mp3 64k...And same thing.Is anyone else experiencing this?

Not me thats a tough one I dont know what could cause it.

Try what gene suggesterd and downloading the mp3 from GNC RADIO website.

Back