• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So who watched Battlestar Galactica?

T

Tommy Allison

If you haven't seen it, do not read this thread.

The End... I saw this one coming a long time ago.

It did not disappoint.

Finally some things explained.

Starbuck has been dead since she crashed on Earth 1, now she is an angel. Hera is Eve (saw that one coming for a while). The BSG crew seeded earth 2 (our earth). "Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end", as in the end of an era not extinction.

There was definitely a theme: Break The Cycle...

The only thing I wasn't clear on was what's the deal with Baltar and Caprica 6? Are they angels too now? Were they always?

The final scene was the best. Hendrix was apparently divinely inspired :cool:

What an excellent ending to a great show. I was way too busy just enjoying the show to analyze it beyond what I was seeing. Just a pleasure to watch -- very good stuff.

I only saw right up until starbuck disapeared. Wtf happened next? My dvr cut it off right there. Omg. I'm pissed. Common you guys. tell me. please

I rewatched it again today. There's a lot of unanswered questions in regards to Starbuck, and the Final 5. Not to mention a whole slough of things that they never resolved.

I only saw right up until starbuck disapeared. Wtf happened next? My dvr cut it off right there. Omg. I'm pissed. Common you guys. tell me. please
SPOILER BELOW.

Starbuck Disappeared, then they flashed to Adama having buried Roslyn. Then they forwarded 150,000 years to 6, and Baltar reading an article about our Genetic Eve, who lived in Tanzania. Then they talked about how things will likely repeat, and then... They cut to a bunch of robots, while they played All Along The Watchtower.
Spolier Above For BSV.

why did 371 think baltar and 6 were angels. what's that about?
I looked on the site today hoping to find the last episode but it's not there.
:confused: (sobbing frantically)

Hi there.

Just to clarify, it wasn't Six and Baltar that were angels. It was Head Six and Head Baltar that were angels. Something happened to them in the original miniseries when the nuking of Caprica occurred. Six died protecting Baltar and from that moment on he saw a version of Six that no one else saw and then in Season 2(?) we saw that Caprica Six saw a version of Baltar that no one else saw. The show has referred to these characters as "Head Six" and "Head Baltar" and it is these characters that we saw at the end. Caprica Six and Gaius Baltar died 150,000 years ago, along with everyone else we ever knew.

I just watched it again this evening and it was even more emotional the second time.

-Derek

to clarify. I get all that, But my DVR cut my show off right after kara disapeared. so I just wanted to know what went on with the characters after that scene.

I'm a rabid follower of this show and its mythology and mysteries. I liked the finale, I really did, but it's obvious the production has had problems. First there was the realization they had only one more season left on SciFi (this one, the 4th), then there was the writers strike. I think all this made the writing a little choppy and unevenly paced, and sometimes even sub par.

The finale didn't address everything the writers asked us to invest in, which kinda sucks, but it still was a pretty good ending. The "unseen hand" was still at play all the way to the end, and that's the aspect of the show that really pulls me in.

I just watched it again this evening and it was even more emotional the second time.

-Derek

I can believe that. I just watched it for the first time and just finished. I decided to watch it the way I watched most of the rest of the different seasons - with headphones and on my laptop so its right in my face and I feel really close to the action.

really fucking sad (emotional) in parts.

Really dig the idea of the cycles of life and also the notion that we dont know the history of out planet. That whole saga could literally be our history and we would never know.

Anyway, fuck I almost cried as the camera panned up over Adama with Roslyn's rock grave behind him... I was thinking "dude, ffs! go fly back and see your son! What is wrong with you!?"

lol

Always tough to end a show like this. I think they did a fine job.

I think the flashback sequences were totally unnecessary. That time could have been better spent.

I think the final scene beginning with Hera playing was the best ending I could've hoped for. And the Ronald Moore cameo was cool.

to clarify. I get all that, But my DVR cut my show off right after kara disapeared. so I just wanted to know what went on with the characters after that scene.

When H 6 and H Baltar were talking in present day wherever, she mentioned that extremely complex timelines, given the law of averages, could break the pattern. She was betting this time it would be different, Baltar was on the fence about it.

Just watched it yesterday. Not happy to see it gone, at all. And Adama couldn't go see Lee/Apollo, as Lee was exploring and Adama was 'staying', putting down roots. A reversal of what each had apparently been looking for previously?

Wonder how any of us would fare going from clothes and technology and lattés to roughly tanned hides and smoky wood fires for heating? Gawd, just doing without the coffee, alone!

Awesome series, and one that actually stuck to its guns and told its story and then stopped. Going to miss it.

I really miss it too. I'm hoping "Caprica" will help relieve the BSG withdrawal pains I've been having. I watched the pilot and it was pretty good. Now every time I see a news story on artificial intelligence or military robotics, I cringe.

+ 1 for missing this show. I havent really thought about it much since it ended, but I am disappointed I dont get to spend regular time in that world any more.

Will have to check out the new series 'Caprica'.

Am I the only one in the old farts department to remember ancient British sci-fi serie Sapphire and Steel with Joanna Lumley and David McCallum? I mention this because the final scene with Virtual 6 and Virtual Baltar made me think of them (maybe because of the difference in length? :D) and I thought it'd be really cool I if these two would get their own series, where you can follow their next 'assignments' and so forth.

Just day dreaming ;)

Back