• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So Twitter Ain't Twitter — I Guess

Elon Musk continues to turn the vanity purchase of Twitter into a thoroughly messed up platform ...

You would think so because you liked all the Twitter censorship. In fact, you censored the same sort of commentary here. Personally I love that there's someone like Elon Musk who can just buy the platform, fire the execs, restore some freedom of speech, and expose Government interference at the same time. I think it's even funnier what he said to Apple when they threatened to pull the Twitter app from their iphones. Musk makes the world a more interesting place. I'm glad he's part of it.

Last edited:
Twitter's censorship was, by and large, reasonable and proper. What Musk is doing is destroying the platform because he, frankly, doesn't really know what he's doing with it. That doesn't mean he hasn't been successful in other business. Obviously he has, but this was an indulgence that didn't make a lot of sense.

Twitter's censorship was, by and large, reasonable and proper.
Naturally you would think so — that's part of your problem.
What Musk is doing is destroying the platform because he, frankly, doesn't really know what he's doing with it.
I could care less what happens to Twitter. If he had bought it and thrown it all in a dumpster I'd be just as happy.
That doesn't mean he hasn't been successful in other business. Obviously he has, but this was an indulgence that didn't make a lot of sense.
It makes perfect sense. That's not to say that I don't think the money could have been better spent — but it's his money, and sometimes the direct approach is the best approach. Besides that, he's already accomplished what he set out to do. Time will tell whether or not it pans out as a business venture.

I have no problem with censorship for reasons clearly explained in our Terms of Service, or content that has the potential to cause harm. Feel free to disagree, but that's the way it shall be.

I have no problem with censorship for reasons clearly explained in our Terms of Service, or content that has the potential to cause harm. Feel free to disagree, but that's the way it shall be.
What about information that has the potential to prevent harm — which is what I was doing with the COVID info. You've got it backwards. You just refuse to see it. Lockdowns have caused harm. Experimental COVID vaccines have caused harm. Masks have caused harm. Discrimination causes harm. Will you never wake-up?

Randall, based on what you've posted elsewhere, it's clear you are very confused about some very important facts. You are free to discuss other subjects, but no trolling. And what you're doing in the politics thread is getting real close.

Randall, based on what you've posted elsewhere, it's clear you are very confused about some very important facts. You are free to discuss other subjects, but no trolling. And what you're doing in the politics thread is getting real close.
You've still got it backwards, and when you cannot defend your position — you censor. It's not a fair minded way of exploring the issues. There's no "potential to cause harm" in having a fair minded discussion, but there is the potential to cause harm in censoring information that could have prevented harm — and plenty of harm has been done by the policies you support. Stop being such a hypocrite when imposing your authority.

We had a discussion and yes your position could cause harm for reasons you need to make at least some effort to understand. Now drop it here please.

Next.......

Back