• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So mean and nasty, always?

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audio Verite

Paranormal Novice
I am someone who hates it when professional skeptics even if they have proof and reality on their side call other people names and are nasty to them. I had no idea people who claim UFO/Alien experiences do this to each other also, even though everyone has the same amount of proof, which is none, but their word on things.

Everyone is beating up on someone. I thought when I found the Paracast/Paratopia group, this was a different crowd, but it has seemed to fallen apart and is like a gang war of words. Worse than that, people who I thought had integrity and non biased opinions on stuff cause of their systematic breakdown and proper debunking of the Billy Meier case and it's segue into cult/religion/new age/how to/self help things, they also hold in one hand a UFO/Alien Experience and then with the other hand do the self help/new age/religion type of talk, which I found shocking and such a let down. There is no clam and sane discussion. So much egos, I mean it's really gross how big some people's egos are, I thought they were different, they claim to be, but when you really look into folks, they almost all seem to be the same color, but just in different shades.

Again this is not about one person and not everyone does what I am talking about, just the scene as I see it in general and since there does not appear to be a lot of originality in the voices and claims, I single no one out, I just wonder if there is anywhere that deals with these topics that is immune to these personalities,fights and self serving quasi religious claims infecting the talk or is this as good as it gets when it comes to UFO sightings and history. Maybe I have seen there is all there is to see and I am done on this subject outside of my own musings.

Does anyone else know where there is a podcast where the hosts do not engage in such behavior, where they just ponder this stuff, without claiming to know the answer to self enlightenment or want me to believe their contact with Aliens? Where the most someone claims is seeing something different and not a story of contact, I just find none of them believable, and if you don't like that, then it's my loss right, not yours. Don't look for a fight with me, just do what I am, try to find others with your goal.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone else know where there is a podcast where the hosts do notengage in such behavior, where they just ponder this stuff, without claiming to know the answer to self enlightenment or want me to believe their contact with Aliens? Where the most someone claims is seeing something different and not a story of contact, I just find none of them believable, and if you don't like that, then it's my loss right, not yours. Don't look for a fight with me, just do what I am, try to find others with your goal.

Thanks in advance.

errr, do you know where you are?

The parts in bold you'll find in the Paracast show. If you think otherwise then you're clearly mistaken. The behaviour thing... well, thats rare and is usually only focused on negative personalities in the field and exposing them. (Knell et al.)

Yes, IMO the Paracast is the only place to get what you want. (well, Paratopia too, but lets not get into that here :D)

Again this is not about one person and not everyone does what I am talking about, just the scene as I see it in general and since there does not appear to be a lot of originality in the voices and claims, I single no one out, I just wonder if there is anywhere that deals with these topics that is immune to these personalities,fights and self serving quasi religious claims infecting the talk or is this as good as it gets when it comes to UFO sightings and history. Maybe I have seen there is all there is to see and I am done on this subject outside of my own musings.

As I said yesterday, any Fortean site with a podcast is audience specific and is controlled by the site host(s). Of course their particular 'slant' will dominate.

As I have found however, Gene and Dave show more objectivity and put less claims upon a specific 'answer' to Fortean subjects during their interviews IMHO and I have learned quite a bit.

Well, sir, you've been here a year now and you've made a grand total of two posts. It's not like you participate much. You've just been lurking. Maybe you should consider just leaving permanently. If you're not happy here, what's the point of sticking around?

I might suggest Coast-to-Coast for you. The hosts there rarely say anything negative and seem content with "Gee! Wow! That's awesome!" Perhaps that's more in line with what you are looking for.

And you're very welcome.

I'm not really sure I'm following you. You're concerned about negativity?? You're concerned about bias?? You're concerned about playing nice in the sandbox??

Whats the nice way to tell someone that they are full of shit?? Because as far as I can tell, Dave and Gene are the only ones attempting to get real information out of people who claim to have "inside" knowledge. So when these people are challenged on their claims, some of them fall flat on their face.

It's not the intent to make anyone look like a fool. But it's the probing, important, unscripted questions that allow the guest to do that all by themselves. I'm hoping for some verifiable, reasonable answers, but it just isn't what you get most of the time. And guests tend to get cranky and defensive when they aren't allowed to spew their rehearsed soliloquy.

But what are you gonna do?? Give them the soap box or try and get some real information from them??

Perhaps if you concentrated on writing more clearly concisely, rather than trying to sound intelligent your message would be more easily answered. I find your post difficult to read and I'm not exactly sure exactly what you're "getting at".

Let's be honest here, you're a star seed, aren't you?

I don't think people here are actually quite civil, all things considered, given that topics of discussion cover things with considerable emotional resonance (and often the nature of reality itself).
Even though the most obvious response to some statements is "Because you're a loony", we generally don't say that.Much. In so many words.

I don't think people here are actually quite civil, all things considered, given that topics of discussion cover things with considerable emotional resonance (and often the nature of reality itself).
Even though the most obvious response to some statements is "Because you're a loony", we generally don't say that.Much. In so many words.

you don't think we're civil? I'll show you civil you starseed fuck!

:D

just back up everybody. take out the part that yanks your chain, where there is criticism levelled at our benevolent and genial hosts.

look at the basic message. I see someone asking where can you go and just talk about this stuff on an equal footing, without someone else thinking you are off the wall, that you are totally asinine because you don't ascribe to the current fashion of thinking, or whatever the remark of the day is?

I have wondered about that, myself. We think we are open-minded, but we all have a line in the sand that once someone crosses, we think to ourselves "what a flake" and some of us have the temerity to say it via posts, and not so politely.

By the very nature of this website forum and the podcast subject, you would expect us to welcome differing opinions; as the starter of this thread says, everybody has basically the same amount of proof - nada...

About the only gauge we can use to discern truth from bullshit from wannabe in on the 'experience' to just plain mistaken in their interpretation of whatever it was they saw or thought they experienced, is the person's basic credibility.

That is where it seems the emotion comes in. Call anybody a liar - even by calling their opinion or beliefs into question, and the fire is lit.

As long as we have folks who think, we will also have disagreements on what is right and what is wrong. this is how religions get started, and how they branch off into smaller groups that can be persuaded to accept the basic tenets of the founders' beliefs and dogma that disagreed with the previous founders' beliefs and dogma, ad nauseum.

So, long live the religion of ufology, and hail to the Jesus and the Father of ufology. All we need now is a holy spirit and we have it all sewn up.

In the meantime, why not just answer the question and leave the judgements out of it?

boy, did that ever ramble off to the side... I may remove it later if it makes me cringe :cool:

I just thought I should point out for the above post, I got my thread locked and was banned(for life I hope) and accused of being part of Michael Horn's camp at the paratopia boards by the host Jeremy. This is the one who has reached enlightenment to know what is the universe,god life is, but won't tell you what that means, but does anyhow all the time, right? He hates Mr, Horns cause he knows "They fly", but Jermey knows "Why they don't land". That's entertainment.

I have enjoyed his ludicrous tales and western takes on eastern philosophy and his mediation energy, like his claim, "I would love to get my hands on nunchucks and then see what the energy does". I second that, I would hope he would film and post what ever he does when he picks those up and hurts himself or someone else. Too bad he read the post and responded in one of his normal long winded responses which is totally off point as usual I have come to find out, but it allows him to hourly get the frustration of his life out on the board memebers there, so i am sure it was worth it to him. It's too bad others could not respond, I wondered what other former Paratopia fans had to say and where they went. Too sad I even got this close to him cause I knew if he responded nothing rational or constructive would come from it and it did not.

I would say his actions speak louder than his many stepped in words. I know enough about the Paracast folks to know they can stand decent and know my complaints of them vs the ones of Paratopia. So let me thank them for not tar and feathering me. I know I should not have to appreciate my free speech, but online I do since so many can't handle it when the lens get poked back at them.

i guess even polite decent is not aloud over there on the Paratopia board. Oh well, not gonna fight to post there, with rules and hosts like that. I guess I thought maybe my post would connect with others of like minds(if any are here), but before I had a chance their Emo/childish attacks start and censored me. Wow. Ok unless anyone knows of another blog or show to check out, this will be my last post. Thanks and peace!

well what was your thread about over there? If it was in support of Meier then I dare say you will receive an even more hostile environment here (if you make those sorts of threads). Support of either Meier OR Horn.

I just checked and you posted the exact same thread over there as you did here. Kinda weird.

And it seems Jeremy banned you on suspicion of being Michael Horn. I assume he has good reason to believe that.

To me, the initiating post of this thread seems designed to stir trouble. Best to ignore.

I would much rather find out which "researchers" are asshats and which "research" is ridiculous from Gene & David than by listening to hosts that blindly accept any and all viewpoints.

Since listening to the Paracast, I've found myself silently urging hosts of other shows to ask some hardball questions-which they NEVER seem to do.

I think it's easy to dream of a world where there are no personalities, there are no limitations and where everyone has a truth and they're all valid. It's a dream.

Things I used to think were credible have been exposed as incredible (meaning NOT credible.) Now I find myself not so eager to believe anything and everything that I'm told.

If you're looking for a podcast that doesn't seek the truth, doesn't ask hardball questions and doesn't try to expose fraudulent claims, then there's dozens, possibly hundreds out there to choose from.

Say what I will about Horn-O, the OP is definitely not him, as sHorn knows how to express himself in English, if nothing else. Meanwhile, this thread is noise, so it's closed for bidness. Thanks to all for the thoughts, and OP, remedial English is within your grasp. Be well, and try to limit your caffeine intake.

dB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back