• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

small orange orbs

qqqq

Skilled Investigator
small orange orbs, or tennis ball size flying orbs. I'm just getting a interest in this type of thing, I don't mean the orb photo's that are every where. But I'm wondering if any body knows of some good info or some good stories, I'm having a hard time tracking down stuff about these small flying things spotted some times.

*large* orange orbs, thank you.

This is one of those subjects that I've been almost entirely convinced against. As far as I'm concerned these are nothing more that camera glitches, among other things, but not anything paranormal.

However, I believe I did hear Gene and David mention a video of this 'phenomenon', if anyone has a link I'd love to see it.

This is one of those subjects that I've been almost entirely convinced against. As far as I'm concerned these are nothing more that camera glitches, among other things, but not anything paranormal.

You got it wrong
I did mention in my post that I'm not talking about the common orb or sphere photograph. There is a story by Bruce Mcabee I think his name is, of a small orange sphere that he spotted in a place called the Gulf Brezze. It is an example of the type of thing I mean.

Several years ago at about 9:00 on a Saturday morning, I observed a grapefruit-sized "orb" that silently hovered about three feet off the floor next to my bed. I viewed it from a distance of about four feet.

The object was a translucent, pale yellow color. It appeared to be made of a material -- not an abstract "lens flare" like those seen in some photographs. It was not luminous and made no discernible noise.

After watching the orb for about 10 seconds, it suddenly and rapidly "flew" around my bedroom, and then passed through a closed window to the outside. The sight of this object moving through solid material is something I shall not easily forget.

I do not know what this thing was -- but as I was observing it, I felt that it was intelligent.

However, I believe I did hear Gene and David mention a video of this 'phenomenon', if anyone has a link I'd love to see it.

Yeh, there's a documentary at the end has huge orblike thingys floating around. Hardly the typical orbs though. I'll see if I can find it. It's very impressive.

That's a perfect example, I wonder how valid that video is.

Unfortunately Stan's case has suffered due to greedy people latching on. He may be a con too, but I haven't seen anything damning about his evidence yet. I've seen some of his evidence early on, and know about MUFON's preliminary investigation. It's worth staying open on regardless of the negative hype surrounding the case.

Yea cheers. Its hard to know what they hell is happening there, but two of the indoor shots really looked like dust particles, the rest i'll flip a coin.

You see the large plasma sea creature looking things? The indoor shot that comes to mind is NOT dust.

I have had some experience with "orbs".

1. When I was about 5 years old a green luminescent table-tennis sized ball entered my bedroom, floating through the open door at about 3 - 4 feet off the ground, did a right angle turn and proceeded to float toward my bed. I was terrified and simply turned away from it (!) - to stare intently at the pattern on the wall caused by the street light and the curtain - as if willing myself that it was not happening. I have no recollection what happened next! But I was still in bed and it was not there when I woke in the morning.

2. My uncle and aunt had a large house with a central corridor. Early 1990s. They observed what they first took to be a motorbike headlight coming across the lawn toward their (glass pannelled) back door. The mind trying to construct plauasable explanations where none were readily appaerent! This "motorbike headlight" turned out to be a basketball sized, intensly glowing sphere which passed through the back door (no sound, no fuss) to float up the corridor (2-3 feet off the gound at about walking pace), past the observers (my aunt and uncle) to float out throung the front door (again glass pannelled) and then to simply dissappear into the night. There was no sound, no smell, no heat, no interaction with anything. It just floated in - passed by - and then floated out again. My aunt and uncle were left standing, looking at each other in total, bewildered amazement.

3. My friend sent a picture taken at night which he claimed was of some "ectoplasm" (or some other anomalous thing that was not supposed to be there...) It spurred me on to take my own digital camera out into the back yard and see what was there in the night! With flash I began to capture some amazing orbs! What on earth was going on? Soon however I discovered they were simply DUST particles - after our dog raced into the yard and I took a photo and there were orbs everywhere! Raindrops make interesting orbs too, I later discovered - even stray water droplets from an otherwise clear sky do! Oh...but there WERE other things in the dark...flying spiders, moths, other insects - all starkly outlined in the flash. The strange thing is that my camera (a 5megapixel) creates wonderful orbs, but my friends' camera seems to create hexagons instead! we have not worked that one out yet.

Good luck with your orb hunt. There are obviously genuine orb phenomena (maybe a physics site somewhere might have a good explanation) - most "paranormal" websites seem to concentrate on dust hoaxes!

I have had some experience with "orbs".

1. When I was about 5 years old a green luminescent table-tennis sized ball entered my bedroom, floating through the open door at about 3 - 4 feet off the ground, did a right angle turn and proceeded to float toward my bed. I was terrified and simply turned away from it (!) - to stare intently at the pattern on the wall caused by the street light and the curtain - as if willing myself that it was not happening. I have no recollection what happened next! But I was still in bed and it was not there when I woke in the morning.

Interesting I have a theory in which these types of things are directly related to the ufo phenomenon possibly to the alien abduction encounter.

There may also be a connection to Bigfoot, according to Rob Riggs, author of In the Big Thicket: On the Track of the Wild Man (2001), especially Ch. 2, on "The Ghost Light." Here's a quote from pages 21 & 22:

"'That damned light was alive.' Jim's voice expressed both conviction and astonishment. ... Jim ... has never been back to Bragg Road since that fateful night when something for which he had no wrinkle in his brain rudely rearranged his belief structures."

Back