• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Singularity

dusty

Skilled Investigator
Hi folks,

I have just finished listening to a podiobook called "Singularity", by
Bill DeSmedt.
I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would strongly recommend you give it a listen. Nothing paranormal as such but if you like good sci-fi from a very well informed author you wont be disappointed.

Without spoiling the plot for those of you who may be interested.

It's basically about the Tunguska/Siberia, event of 1908 and starts by giving a description of the event as experienced by the locals, and the effects it has, not only on the surrounding area but also on other countries at the time.
Then it moves to the present day and develops into a thriller, much like a Tom Clancy novel.

The point I wanted to bring up however was the main theme in this story. Namely the little spoken of "Jackson, Ryan", hypothesis.

In brief this idea suggests that the Tunguska event may have been the result of a collision with an atomic sized primordial Black Hole.

This idea was completely new to me, and I was wondering if anyone else had either heard of, or had any opinions on the possibilties of this idea being correct. Given that at the time there was not the technology in place to register any kind of exit event, had such an impact taken place.

If you are interested in listening, you can find it in i-tunes under
"Singularity".

Cheers,

Mark

Not really a big fan of that term personally. I am sure it is interesting, but that term gives an impression that the author is into things that I don't really agree with.

Back