• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sighting in Oslo, last saturday (april 11. 2009)

andymcfly

Paranormal Novice
First I want to say that I'm new to this forum, but I have recently been following the paracast radio-show with great interest! It's so nice to find a serious channel. I have also read the forum threads here, and I must say there are many exciting sightings and thoughts about the phenomenon.

I have been interested in the phenomenon since I was a little kid, but I had yet to experience the phenomenon myself until last Saturday. The very odd thing about this sighting is that for the past weeks I have been reading the book
"UFOs and the National Security", by R. Dolan, and the thought of actually seeing something during this rather intense study of the phenomenon, as the book provides, was rather unthinkable to me. Yet it did happen.

To get to the story. Me and two friends were sitting on a balcony looking towards Oslo harbor, looking southeast. My friend had even been teasing me a little bit for reading the book that same evening, not being very open to the phenomenon herself, or at least she don't have any special interest (Well, now she is more interested, because she could not explain what she saw). At approximately 22:45, she pointed to the sky and said "what is that, a satellite or something?" I thought she was kidding, trying to make a joke on my behalf (my other friend was inside at the moment, and didn't see anything), but then I saw something myself.

What we saw was seven lights "floating" at the altitude of a commercial airplane at the altitude during landing. Note: Oslo airport is located northeast from Oslo, and the direction these lights where flying/floating were towards a residential area. The lights did not change altitude during the sighting.

The lights (we couldn't see if this was one solid object, or maybe several, objects). The lights were flying in a V-formation, with the sharp edge flying southeast. The lights were not bright, but like the lights of distant stars. The object(s) moved in a constant speed, which was very slow. The first light stayed still, but the other six moved "mechanically". They kind of spun around, first in a tight formation, than spreading out again, and then back together. Even though these lights moved, they followed the lead light at the exact same speed. There were absolutely no sound what so ever, and if this had been an airplane of some kind, it would have without doubt emitted some kind of motor sound that we would be able to hear. (There are planes flying over Oslo, but not this low over that area of Oslo we were located, and absolutely not that slow. And planes do not fly over that particular area either) From we where sitting, if I would have to make out a distance, I would say approx. 4-5 km from us. (Sorry, I don't know how to measure in miles.) The altitude is difficult for me to say in feet, but like I explained, like the height of a commercial airliner just before landing, or at least it seemed to be very low.

999999999999999999999 ' . '
99999999999999999 *
999999999999999999999 ' . '

The object(s) looked something like the above "sketch" (EDIT: 9 = "night sky".), only the six lights were closer to each other. It did not fly completely straight, flow in a little curved course, first straight, then little higher, than back to straight again. The object(s) emerged from behind the building we where in, and then behind a hilltop. The whole sighting lasted no more than ten to maybe twelve seconds, but this is unusually long if this had been an aircraft. My friend agrees with me on the things I have described here, only she think she saw more lights, and more movements in the six lights. (Like they were "dancing" across the sky, only to return to their spot again.) The size of this thing seemed also very large, much larger than a 747 at that height.

The condition of the day was clear night sky, and the lights, as we recall it, blocked out other stars, it was completely dark between the lights.

Note: The lights were so weak that it was rather difficult to see them on the night sky. We had really to concentrate to see what was going on, and you would probably not have seen anything even standing closer the flight path if not looking up really focusing.

I have Googled a bit around, and I can't find any reports on this sighting in f. ex local newspapers or other.

I reported the sighting to NUFORC, and I will also provide a detailed drawing of the sighthing. (I am more than happy to upload a drawing here aswell, I just don't have a scanner where I am right now.)

My heart beated tremendously, and I was sweating like a mad man, that was the feeling we both felt. We really saw something unexplainable.

Weird. Thanks for sharing. Crazy that you saw something you can't explain after reading a UFO book.

Is there a mountain or hilly area near where the lights were? No chance the lights could be headlights of motor vehicles?

Yeah, I know, very strange. But I guess it is like that. It happens when you least expect it. The hillside I was referring to was on our left side, and the lights were in the sky (not in front of any land, hillside, mountain etc.) and then disappearing behind the hill.

Here is a little sketch:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9721/36188047.jpg

And here is a picture from an online map-service, taken from a point near us, looking out over the ocean from Oslo harbor. As you can see, there are no hills, mountains etc. dominating the horizon. In fact, the small islands in the Oslo-fjord is quite flat. The lights were approx. in the same height as the sun in the photo.
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2748/79084390.jpg
my.php
my.php

Back