• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

show about hills

derekcbart said:
I'm about halfway through this episode, but one problem I have had with most abduction stories is the reliance on "recovered memory therapy". This was once thought to be legitimate, but has now been abandoned by most legitimate therapists and reclassified as "false memory syndrome".
Recovered-memory therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
False memory syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The other problem that I have with the Hill case specifically is that it appears that the concept of the "greys" started with their case and eventually evolved into the Whitley Streiber concept of the "greys". The thing is that an episode of The Outer Limits was broadcast before the events that very closely fits the description of the Hills.
Barney and Betty Hill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
File:Bellero.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

True, but the Hills supposedly never saw that episode.

Recognition of the limitations of our physical senses simply means that we cannot trust what we perceive through them as being complete, accurate reflections of reality.
As for the remark concerning who may be controlling the agenda, I believe the nature of every legitimate contactee experience speaks for itself.

Yes, but that is simply taking their word that they didn't.

Billy Meier claims that he has never had help taking his photgraphs, but we don't believe him just because he says so.

derekcbart said:
Yes, but that is simply taking their word that they didn't.

Billy Meier claims that he has never had help taking his photgraphs, but we don't believe him just because he says so.

It comes down to whom do you trust? There is no way to demonstrate one way or the other whether the Hills ever saw that show before or after, other than their word, originally, or that of those who investigated the case.

Meier? Well, we know his supporters lie, so that's where it's at.

I seem to have some recollection--but I'm not going to be hypnotized to remember!--that the Hills' therapist (or someone) suggested that the "greys" were actually a psychological manifestation of their inability to have children (i.e., small people) and biracial marriage (white + black = gray).

Is it time for ghosts again?

More ghost shows!

Ghosts shows never cause a dustup between scientists and podcasts hosts because ghosts don't run people down and force their nads in to plastic cups.

-DBTrek

Regarding the Hill case, I have just finished reading the excellent, "Encounters at Indian Head", edited by Peter Brookesmith and Karl Pflock. The book takes the form of a series of chapters; the first pro-ETH, the next somewhat skeptical. As someone who had only read John G Fuller's book and had only heard Stanton T's comments on the subject, I leaned towards the idea that something 'otherworldy' really had happened to the Hills.
How naive that now seems.
After reading "Encounters", it came as quite a shock to discover how little I knew, how many of the facts had been distorted, and how many of those facts are open to a wider range of interpretations.
Now all I'm certain of is that I'm not so certain anymore, but at least I feel, after reading this book, that I have a much broader insight into what may have occurred.
I urge all of you with an interest in the Hill case to give the book a go. It certainly broadened my outlook and I'd be interested to hear what you make of it.

Back