• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Shared Dreams

boulders and sticks

Hello Everyone.
I was wondering if anybody has had any experiences related to Shared dreams? I was reminded of this when Chris mentioned it in one of the shows.
When I was about 8 years old I started to have repetitive dreams. They would always consist of the same, simple elements. I would be viewing a desert type terrain. Very flat, devoid of any mountains, rocks etc. Much like the floor of Death Valley, only completely blank. The only thing that would be on the ground, would be scattered very, very thin twigs/branches. They gave me the feeling of extreme fragility and brittleness. The other element would be gigantic boulders, the size of a double decker bus. These would be generally round with a smooth texture. They gave the feeling of immense, unstoppable weight. The whole dream consisted of the giant boulders very, very slowly rolling over the Twigs breaking them into almost powder. That's pretty much the whole experience. If that's not weird enough. When I told my brother about these dreams years later, he told me he had the exact same dream?
All the best John.

Hello Everyone.
I was wondering if anybody has had any experiences related to Shared dreams? I was reminded of this when Chris mentioned it in one of the shows.
When I was about 8 years old I started to have repetitive dreams. They would always consist of the same, simple elements. I would be viewing a desert type terrain. Very flat, devoid of any mountains, rocks etc. Much like the floor of Death Valley, only completely blank. The only thing that would be on the ground, would be scattered very, very thin twigs/branches. They gave me the feeling of extreme fragility and brittleness. The other element would be gigantic boulders, the size of a double decker bus. These would be generally round with a smooth texture. They gave the feeling of immense, unstoppable weight. The whole dream consisted of the giant boulders very, very slowly rolling over the Twigs breaking them into almost powder. That's pretty much the whole experience. If that's not weird enough. When I told my brother about these dreams years later, he told me he had the exact same dream?
All the best John.
Interesting post and thanks for sharing! One of our recent guests David Halperin would probably say that such dreams are shared because they're part of the collective unconscious ( Jung ). Others might theorize that it's "genetic memory". The skeptics would probably argue that two siblings would have similar life experiences and if one had told the other about such a dream, it might also manifest in their dream state by association. What I've never heard of is when two people meet each other in a dream and they can later tell the other person what the other person had said with verifiable accuracy. Now that would be really interesting.

Back