• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Shadow Encounters

iinfluence

Paranormal Novice
First, a quick note : I've had an idea, for as long as I can remember, that what we're doing now isn't all there is.

Throughout my life I've had a series of paranormal encounters, be it UFO, ghost, shadow people, time slips, etc. however, the most awe inspiring and confusing usually related to the shadows. Now, when I tell this story to friends, they generally sympathize but I figured I'd put it on here and get some non-peer feedback. 2006, I would say, opened another perspective of the paranormal to me -- I had my first encounter with a shadow person. It was roughly around 12 A.M., I remember because I was watching one of my favorite TV shows at the time, DragonBall Z, and while sitting on the ground and drawing pictures on our coffee table, I got an eerie feeling. Personally, I think it was that heightened sense that everyone experiences when they have a feeling something is happening; that feeling that you get when you can't explain something. I looked up from drawing, our coffee table had a perfect line through our kitchen and to the dining room. The dining room connected to my parents room via a door to the left hand side, assuming your walking in from the from room. When I first picked my head up there was nothing there, but upon staring for a while, I saw a dark, fuzzy, what looked to be like a hand creep itself across the arc in our kitchen doorway. Curious, I kept watching, and another hand came out.. a few seconds later, what could be considered a head came out, I know this because it had two fuzzy, glowing red eyes and from that moment on a stare down ensued. While this was all going on I felt true fear, true sadness and desperation.. the worst feelings I could ever comprehend were being poured into me by this beings eyes. The time that it lasted, the stare down, is unknown, but after what felt like forever, the anomaly slowly crept itself back into my parents' room, from where it came. At the time, I was a child and didn't fully think it through, and of course what's a child going to do if it gets scared? Run to mom and dad. Looking back at it, what I saw could've very well still have been in the room watching me. Of course I told my parents about what had happened and like every other parent, 'It's just a nightmare, sweetie, go back to bed.'; the typical parent response. I slept with them, so scared to even move I left the TV on and everything else that was in the front room before the incident.

Wow Terrifying. No advice for you unfortunately, just that i believe you. Wow what an amazing, terrifying thing to go through.

First its a hair razing experience and I know from personnel encounters those "rat bastards". Secondly, did it growl ? and any smell or residue from it or them not you?

Yea hang tight: man)

Peace,
BF

That sounds pretty scary.

If I may ask,... your parents told you to go back to bed, implying you were in bed, but you said you were not in bed but watching TV. So, were you in bed previously and got up to watch TV?? There always seems to be this thing about being sleepy or having been in bed when these things appear. Also it seems you must have been very young, what was your age at this time??

Anything about the house?? Was it an older house?? Did it happen again or anything similar?? I certainly don't mean to discount what you experienced, I mean, you did experience it whatever it was. But I've read that certain EM forces emanating from various areas of the house can alter perception, sometimes drastically. Thanks for sharing.

Blowfish, in all honesty I can't remember, if it did growl, I was paralyzed by that moment and couldn't really come to grips with what had just happened. I do remember my eyes watering from keeping them open for so long, I was too scared to blink.

TClaeys, you're right with the assumption that I was in bed and got out to watch TV. I waited to hear my father snore, tip-toed to the front room and turn the TV on. As for my age, I was 12. The house itself I think was around 50 years old, give or take a few years. Yes, there are a number of instances that have happened not only in the house, but around it and I have multiple friends who've witnessed some of it's strange happenings.

Back