• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sesuit Harbor Monster Resurfaces (good pics)

One of those things popped up in Buffalo Bayou in Houston, Texas around '95. I saw the thing one day and thought to myself "Wow...I didn't know we had manatees in Texas." About a week later it was on the local news. How it got there remains a mystery...maybe some idiot was trying to keep one for a pet and it just outgrew the wash-tub.

I don't know about you guys, but when I see these types of critters, I feel the urge to go out and get a rib roast. I would wager that these critters are good eatin'.

Here in Florida these are, of course, pretty common. Most don't have that much green crap growing on them, though.

I believe they're vegetarians, so they probably wouldn't taste overly fishy.
They are pretty cool to swim around with. Very slow and mellow. Not as hyper as, say, dolphins.

Back