• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Series of unusual incidents

technomage

Paranormal Adept
Perhaps someone can shed light on some anomalous incidents my wife had:

The Disheveled Sad Clown (~ Age 4-5)
She would see a raggedy disheveled clown in ripped up clown gear and street makeup every single time a newscaster would say on the TV: "We interrupt this broadcast to bring you a special news bulletin...".

The clown would have an incredibly sad expression, wouldn't move and was positioned in the other room about 20 feet away. Light would shine on him making him quite visible. She would feel his presence in several places throughout the house, but the times the announcement would be broadcast were the only times she would see him. She insists that this is no dream or product of childhood imagination, but very real. Various violent things happened in and around the house and her parents finally sold it.

UFO Over Bronx County Courthouse (~ Age 15)

She was sitting on her bed with her friend when they both saw this large silent disc shaped object hovering over, and covering the entire roof of the Bronx Country Courthouse in New York City. She described it as "huge" with many multicolored lights. It hovered for a few seconds and vanished. This was before Close Encounter of the Third Kind, so she wasn't influenced by that film.

Mysterious Precognitive Dream (~ Age 17)
She woke up from a strange dream at around 3:00 AM. In the dream, there was a phone number written on a piece of paper, and the word "Callucho" next to it. She didn't know what that word meant and couldn't find any meaningful anagram.

The next day in the afternoon, she called the number and a deep man's voice answered "Hello?". In response, she oddly asked "Who is this?" The man responded and said "It's 3 o'clock in the morning. Callucho." She was shocked and hung up the phone.

Saved by Unknown Force (~Age 22)
She was at the 155th St. Bridge and thought the light had changed to green. She started walking and turned to see incoming traffic simultaneously hearing her friend call out in alarm. Before she knew what happened, she was on the other side of the street. She felt as though something lifted her to safety. Her friend, who thought she would be killed, didn't see or understand how she got to the other side of the street.

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

I recall reading this same material in a different thread some days ago? Have you started a new thread?
Yes, I had this as one of my questions for the "Talk Shop" episode, but they weren't able to get to this question, since it was a bit long. I re-posted it here, hoping to get some feedback.

I love the precognitive dream story - definitely a wonderful synchronistic event. The one story I can speak to is the clown. When I was 6-7 I had a very specific problem with nightmares over a sustained period of time. Included with this event was a series of things I called "daymares." For me my cue was grocery shopping sitting in the cart and whenever we went down the cereal aisle I would always get the visual impression of Frankenstein on one side of me and Dracula on the other squeezing my body between two giant paper bags of groceries. I dreaded grocery shopping with my mom for months - bizarre.

The only way I see these disparate events holding together is if I were to list my own surreal collection of paranormal events across the same ages as your wife i.e. visual hallucinations, out of body experiences, a great stunning UFO event, some exceptionally stange ouija contacts and some great sleep paralysis incidents.

On talking with @ProphetofOccam about these on a thread a year ago we talked about the susceptibility of the younger and adolescent mind to be either more in tune with such experiences and/or more open to witnessing such altered realities. I can say that since my early 20's I've not had anything too strange happen to me aside from having kids.

I think these types of experiences during those ages are just rights of passage for some of us. I'm mostly glad that none of those things happen near or around me at all anymore. How about your partner?

Thanks for your feedback. She is definitely glad those weird things aren't occurring anymore. Other than some lucid dreams, she doesn't have these anomalous experiences any more.

I'm more interested in the paranormal than she is and I never had any strange experiences at all.

Back