• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Secret Space Program

Is there a secret space program, apart from spy satellites and the like?

• No.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Yes, but only slightly more advanced than NASA's public programs.

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Yes. There is probably a secret moon base, and possibly one on Mars.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Yes. And it involves time travel and interaction with extra-terrestrial entities.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I might sound like a complete doom merchant but I disagree:

A lot of the technologies we use for 'civilized' purposes now were developed for military application.

An A-380 is not hugely different to a B-29 and from what I have heard about the capabilities of some of the black project aeroplanes it seems like the civilian side that has been stagnating. For example where is the replacement for Concorde?

Also the internet was designed for the military as far as I understand it.

'they' must have to justify their budget each year surely? and it is common knowledge that it is not peanuts they are negotiating for.

Also I am not sure you can separate efficiency and effectiveness in military thinking.

I am thinking of a game of chess, who would win most: the most effective player or the most efficient player?
You need both efficiency and effectiveness of course.

The internet - at least the TCP/IP stack - was conceived as a way to have graceful routing around dead nodes in a web topology network.

It was a giant leap forward in terms of pushing bits down a wire in a way that lets the bits find their own way home.

It’s also why piracy and undesirable stuff is hard to shut down.

The NSF was also involved, but it was funded by the DoD as a way to have robust data transfer.

This is the technical backbone of the internet, but the interesting stuff was really started when we connected universities to it.

but the interesting stuff was really started when we connected universities to it.

That is what we are dealing with on a civilian level, re: piracy etc, of course it is hard to stop people sharing/repeating/parroting stuff and pirating it too.
My understanding is that whatever we have in store (shops/retail outlets) the factory shelf is 5+ years ahead, and the designers...... well eons.

All they need is the budget and the tooling........

That is what we are dealing with on a civilian level, re: piracy etc, of course it is hard to stop people sharing/repeating/parroting stuff and pirating it too.
My understanding is that whatever we have in store (shops/retail outlets) the factory shelf is 5+ years ahead, and the designers...... well eons.

All they need is the budget and the tooling........
That’s the power of the open source bazaar style economic model.

It’s like Chinease piracy. Those guys essentially brute force the problem space of plastic and LED forms. Wildly innovative.

The fact that it’s mostly crap doesn’t seem to bother them.

I have a question for the good of the group. My research - at least in YouTube videos - leads to multiple videos from Dan Burisch / Dan Crane. Has anyone done research into his claims and, if so, what do you think (or where did your research lead you)?

Also, what is the common opinion on (and I hope y'all hold the stones) Cory Good?

I have a question for the good of the group. My research - at least in YouTube videos - leads to multiple videos from Dan Burisch / Dan Crane. Has anyone done research into his claims and, if so, what do you think (or where did your research lead you)?

Also, what is the common opinion on (and I hope y'all hold the stones) Cory Good?
Go to the UFOWatchdog website for more on Dan Burisch. He is a BS artist/con man.

I have a question for the good of the group. My research - at least in YouTube videos - leads to multiple videos from Dan Burisch / Dan Crane. Has anyone done research into his claims and, if so, what do you think (or where did your research lead you)? Also, what is the common opinion on (and I hope y'all hold the stones) Cory Good?

- burischdirtbag
- http://ianchadwick.com/blog/the-secret-space-program-hoax/

- http://jamesclarksonufo.com/article...on-2017-symposium-and-how-the-show-must-go-on

Although we find that many breaking news stories these days are Fake News –often politically motivated— that is something UFO researchers have had to put up with for 70 years or more. In very many cases some people have been so anxious to believe in the supposed alien presence that they have swallowed such UFO/alien Fake News stories hook, line and sinker.

Here are just a few such Fake News cases which became UFO legends:-

(1) George Adamski’s claims of contact with Venusians in flying saucers in the 1950s. In the California desert he claimed to have met his alien friends and that he flew with them round the moon and also to the planet Venus.

(2) Travis Walton’s tale of his 5-day abduction by aliens in a UFO spaceship that descended into Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest, AZ, in Nov. 1975.

(3) The Billy Meier megahoax featuring “beamships”, contact with ETs from the Pleiades, hundreds of faked photos of UFOs, Semjase, etc., etc.

(4) Bob Lazar’s 1989 claims of back-engineering flying saucers acquired by the US military at Area 51 (NV) & alien use of Element 115 for propulsion.

(5) Ray Santilli’s “Alien Autopsy” scam of 1995. Footage of an alleged autopsy on a “Roswell alien” body was fraudulent and faked in the UK.

(6) Linda Cortile’s ongoing alien abduction soap opera in NYC (1990s) was concocted by her and fed bit-by-bit to abduction researcher Budd Hopkins.

(7) Ed Walters’ 1987 photos of UFOs at Gulf Breeze, FL, and his alleged alien contact/abduction story. Although proved false, many still accept it.

(8) Whitley Strieber’s “Communion –A True Story” (1987). This abduction tale is, without doubt, horror fiction that took place solely in Whitley’s head.

(9) The “CARET drones” (from 2007) Internet hoax created by “Isaac”. Supposed ET technology but actually bicycle parts and many faked photos.

(10) The Roswell Slides hoax of 2015 in which “Anthony Bragalia”, Adam Dew & Joseph Beason deceived Don Schmitt & Tom Carey plus, of course, Jaime Maussan into announcing they had genuine photos of an alien corpse.

These days there is any amount of UFO/alien fake news and similar fake conspiracy theories out there on the internet. A 2016 hoax story of this variety about cattle mutilations –which some folk absurdly maintain is the work of aliens-- is typical of the genre. It can be found on the favogram website:-

FBI Perpetrated Thousands of Cattle Mutilations in 1970s, Says Ex-Agent | Favogram

The story rang false on so many levels. There was no evidence of an ex-FBI agent by that name. Also, there is no such newspaper as the San Luis Valley Herald… and no by-line on the story. Favogram bills itself as “the #1 viral website on the internet”. It’s a mish-mash of pop culture trivia.

One satisfying side to nailing this particular piece of fake news is that a thorough web search revealed the true identity of “Elias James Brown”, the supposed ex-FBI man in the story. In fact the photo shows Don Ritchie, an elderly Australian who, in his role as a Good Samaritan, has successfully persuaded dozens of depressed people who were going to commit suicide not to do so. See:

Hello George, nice to see you on the forum, please may I ask what your take is on: Tom De Long and the TTSA?
Best wishes

Hello George, nice to see you on the forum, please may I ask what your take is on: Tom De Long and the TTSA?
Best wishes

Hi, Harry

Good to find you are still here on the Paracast forums! I 've been away but I did write this (below) in 2016 though I don't know whether it ever got posted on the forum. Maybe Tom DeLonge has come up with something worthwhile in the interim?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard of Tom DeLonge for the first time in recent weeks and I've listened to some of the things which he has been claiming as regards UFOs, aliens, deep government conspiracy, etc. I suppose that he believes all this stuff but he is promoting it as a strange blend of fact and fiction rather like Whitley Strieber did with 'Communion –A True Story' and other books. Admittedly many other UFO researchers such as the well-respected Jacques Vallee have also written UFO/alien fiction in addition to their more serious books on the subject.

Like so much of the stuff one hears on Coast-to-Coast I'd say that at least 90% of it is fantasy, fraud and fiction. Same old, same old..... Tom DeLonge claims to have heard the inside story of alien visitation and the government’s cover-up from former military men, unnamed scientists, one unnamed high-level member of the Pentagon, and from alleged death-bed revelations by people like Wernher von Braun*, etc. Gimme a break! We've had all this stuff over the years from Philip Corso, Bob Lazar, Linda Howe, Whitley Strieber and others and none of them has ever shown one piece of convincing evidence to prove what they say is true.

There are now any number of websites peddling stories of alien contact, photos and videos of faked UFOs, photos of alleged alien bodies, the "Secret Space Program" , Project SERPO, the alleged US government's base on Mars, etc., etc., etc. I myself am far less skeptical than Phil Klass was but quite honestly one sees little but fantasy, fraud, fiction and myth about the alleged alien presence in almost every direction one looks. Seems to me that Tom DeLonge is just another UFO True Believer who has decided to climb on the alien bandwagon as today's "The Man who knows about the Flying Saucers".

GW (George32 blogspot) 28th May 2016

* Many people in this field are impressed by the name Wernher von Braun. Whatever von Braun (allegedly) said about aliens must surely be true! One complete fraudster called Clark McClelland claimed that he knew him (on the strength of having been photographed with him and others at the Kennedy Space Center) and that von Braun had confided in him the true story of the Roswell Crash and the recovery of alien bodies there in 1947. This shyster, Clark McClelland, then went on to claim that when he had worked for NASA at the KSC Launch Control Center he had once seen, over a videolink, an 8 to 9 foot tall ET talking to two US astronauts aboard an orbiting Space Shuttle. I doubt if there’s anyone (apart perhaps from Michael Salla!) who believes a single word of this nonsense!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards, George

"The Man who knows about the Flying Saucers"

Timeo danaos* et dona ferentes

I am now especially cautious of those bearing gifts.

Mostly thanks to the more recent presents like: "(10) The Roswell Slides hoax of 2015" or the less known but equally bad: Peruvian "three fingered Mummy".

*Pop Stars/Celebrities/'Doctors'/experts/'Anthropologists' etc

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
best wishes

The reason I don't see the need for 'human' bases is because: as far as I understand it take off and landing (or entry and re-entry) are the most dangerous and expensive parts of the journey.
Surely it would be better/cheaper/safer to have supply bases/stations in orbit?

If ET has half the tech it is alleged, why would they need a base? that would be kind of limiting their operational capacity to our way of thinking.

Then again the chances of me going to either the Moon or Mars to check are quite slim, so I can only guess. :)

The reason I don't see the need for 'human' bases is because: as far as I understand it take off and landing (or entry and re-entry) are the most dangerous and expensive parts of the journey.
Surely it would be better/cheaper/safer to have supply bases/stations in orbit?

Well, a moon or planet can provide a lot of raw materials without need for bringing them from afar. Going underground may provide the best shielding from cosmic radiation. Also, it may be easier to conceal an operation on the lunar surface than in orbit near earth.

If ET has half the tech it is alleged, why would they need a base? that would be kind of limiting their operational capacity to our way of thinking.

Maybe their tech eliminates the risks of entry/takeoff.

Then again the chances of me going to either the Moon or Mars to check are quite slim, so I can only guess. :)

A number of abductees were told ETs have bases.

Back