• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Scientists Learn How to Re-Write Memories

Charlie Prime

Paranormal Adept
I look forward to my memory about the passionate week I spent with Kate Beckinsale in a little cottage on the Greek isle of Santorini. Mmmm. Those were the days.

How Scientists Are Learning To Shape Our Memory | Popular Science

kate-beckinsale-total-recall.jpg

This is an amazing discovery, but it comes with some super dark implications. We are the sum total of our experiences, if they can dick around with our memories they could at least hypothetically change who we perceive who we are.

That's true. Kate made me the man I am today. I will never forget how she sobbed uncontrollably as she boarded the sea plane to return home after our week together.

She begged me to use her money to buy a farm in Tuscany where we could grow old together.

I stood firm. Too many livelihoods depended on her work.

Each winter I receive a letter wherein Kate describes how she is desperate to extinguish the ember of unconditional love for me that still smolders deep in her soul.

I never reply. It was simply not in the stars for us to be together. I throw the letters away after I read them. I hope someday the letters stop, for her sake.

That's true. Kate made me the man I am today. I will never forget how she sobbed uncontrollably as she boarded the sea plane to return home after our week together.

She begged me to use her money to buy a farm in Tuscany where we could grow old together.

I stood firm. Too many livelihoods depended on her work.

Each winter I receive a letter wherein Kate describes how she is desperate to extinguish the ember of unconditional love for me that still smolders deep in her soul.

I never reply. It was simply not in the stars for us to be together. I throw the letters away after I read them. I hope someday the letters stop, for her sake.

I once went with a day sailing group on Galveston bay. The area was awash in high $$ boats and bikini clad women to match. A member of our group was an anesthesiologist and he mentioned in describing his work that he could give substances that cause anteriograde amnesia. Someone on medication 'X' would form no memory associations, experience missing time etc. 'Hmmm...I said. Can you give me something that will make me think I've made it with some of these young ladies around here? ' I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

But seriously, I would not use this technology if it became commercially available because I am too old and set in my ways.

I'd be like my poor 90 year-old neighbor and the cell phone his kids gave him. The poor guy had to walk to my house and have me dial the phone every time he wanted to use it.

It was just a conversation with a high level executive that recounted their experience when taken around their research facility at Adastral park.

This article mentions that the tele coms company were not able to record memories and it was the press making 2 +2 = 5

Uploading with the Soul Catcher it was written a few year after I had the conversation (article appeared in 1996).

at the end of the article there is another link "For more on uploading, visit www.aleph.se/Trans/Global/Uploading."

So my anecdote is "A senior executive made a passing comment about research that was taking place with a previous employer back in the early 90's in recording memories. The project was called Horizon 32. They described the research environment as one where exceptional people were given labs and supported to innovate."

I believed them but was not in the frame of mind to follow it up. This thread reminded me of the conversation.
has anyone ever followed up where Craig Thomas obtained his information for the thought guidance system in the plane for his novel called Fire Fox ?

Back