• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sci Fi Channel TAPS/Ghost Hunters

Paranormal Packrat said:
Raevenskye said:
Resurrecting a dead thread: did anyone watch this last night? They were at "The Shining" hotel...they actually captured some interesting stuff. They irk me, personally, but they're starting to get more captures and good EVP's.

What time and channel does it come on in our area? It's been awhile since I've caught an episode and forget.

it's on SciFi, and is on pretty much from 7:00-11:00 with the new show at 9:00..the others are re-runs

Ghost Hunters is a nice piece of entertainment, nothing more. Then again, if you enjoy watching a bunch of people pretend to be scared, seeing and hearing things that aren't there, it's perfect.

Tommy Allison said:
Ghost Hunters is a nice piece of entertainment, nothing more. Then again, if you enjoy watching a bunch of people pretend to be scared, seeing and hearing things that aren't there, it's perfect.
that's what i find so annoying about it, but it can be entertaining. i *do* think it's interesting how many weird feelings, and feelings of sickness seem to be related to how a building is wired, tho!

Wow, I only just discovered this show last night (we got cable yesterday.... BOOYAH!), and thought it was pretty cool. I can't believe it's got such a good reception on this board (esp. from you Packrat).

Overall I thought some of the stuff is believable. I think the EVP stuff is pretty convincing, but I don't know about the thermal-imaging camera. Seems to me you could fake a LOT of stuff with that. I'm also impressed with how they seem to work hard to debunk certain stuff; like that episode where they found bones underneath the basement floor. A lot of shows would have left that up in the air, but they got a forensics guy to check it out. Turned out they were bovine bones.

Tony2013 said:
Wow, I only just discovered this show last night (we got cable yesterday.... BOOYAH!), and thought it was pretty cool. I can't believe it's got such a good reception on this board (esp. from you Packrat).

Overall I thought some of the stuff is believable. I think the EVP stuff is pretty convincing, but I don't know about the thermal-imaging camera. Seems to me you could fake a LOT of stuff with that. I'm also impressed with how they seem to work hard to debunk certain stuff; like that episode where they found bones underneath the basement floor. A lot of shows would have left that up in the air, but they got a forensics guy to check it out. Turned out they were bovine bones.

What am I Mr. Negative lol? Well, I did say it was boring:) It's an ok show overall. From what little I've seen at least. I heard they have a new member now (or maybe more), that show boats. I haven't caught any recent episodes so can't really comment on them.

I'm still waiting for Ghost Hunters to show an ounce of the scientific method they always claim to use. I'm sure if they did bother using it, they wouldn't be using all the waste of time gadgetry they wave around.

I've had my complaints about the show, but one rerun was particularly fun to watch. It was a hunt at an old lighthouse in St. Augustine, Florida. Gave me goose bumps. I do recommend that episode, even if you can't buy the ghost.

I like the taps investigation where they capture an image of a man in infra red whilst they are in the same room and there is nobody there. Its on you tube somewhere.

I agree though most of the shows are a little bit boring.

I like the taps investigation where they capture an image of a man in infra red whilst they are in the same room

Is that they one where the figure appeared as a heat image on a locker or something? I saw that one too and it was pretty interesting.
Even when I still had cable I didn't watch that show very often. I consider it entertainment.

Yes, we can automatically embed videos from lots of popular sources, such as YouTube, simply by putting in the URL, all by itself. You don't have to add special commands or anything. It usually just works. :)

I admit, I kinda like this show. (liked the International one better, but they stopped doing that one :( )

Anyway: The latest ep where they did a Pub/Billiards place was pretty interesting. It showed a supposedly ghost boy materializing on their Flir.

And the evp in that same place: 'Welcome to Theodore's' (or whateve the place was called) in a creepy voice....lol....don't know what to think of that one, but it's entertainment! :D

I have a major love/hate with this show, but.....I still watch it every week! hehe
The "Welcome to Theodore's" was a really good one! I usually can't tell what they say until it's suggested.

Yeah same here (love/hate relationship) with that show.

I agree, I usually can never understand what I'm hearing until they suggest what it is....hmmm..

And I wonder if the use of digital recorders might not be the best thing to use when doing evp's?

My digital recorder is VERY sensitive, so I get really suspicious when they wave theirs around and then present EVP's that are garbled, or just sound like noise.

Btw: What digital recorder do you recommend? (Varying price ranges).

mine is an Olympus...and I think it was about $80 at Target. I'm still making friends with it, but it was one of the few that could be uploaded into the pc. Basically, it was a "starting point" for my hubby and me. Prices really vary depending on features and brands.

Back