• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sci Fi Channel TAPS/Ghost Hunters

I watch this show when I can - only found it a few months ago. I think they are making reasonable attempts to analyze things scientifically even tho it may not be perfect. I find the history of the researched areas interesting. TAPS seems to be logical in the way they analyze things - if they find four things, usually only one thing will make it thru to "this might be something" instead of taking it all as "the truth".
I watched a different show recently for the first time. Forgot its name but its ok because I won't be watching it again. The group leader seemed to be "ultra psychic" and goosey about the way he conducted a search which to me indicated his findings would be pure crap.

I pretty much agree, SoCal. I don't like some of GH's methods, but that's just personal preference. Some of the other shows make me totally insane, tho. There's the one they do that's all in night-vision, and basically, they just run around screaming, and then there's "Paranormal State", where everything is a demon. Out of the ones out there, GH is the best, imo.

I really liked the International ones. Especially the Ireland and England and Germany sites.

I hope they release just those (International sites only) on DVD soon!

Did any of you see the one last night on the ship?

The k2 incident was interesting. Where it was almost like a real conversation going on between the ghost(s) and the researchers, lol.

I'm interested in the whole K2 thing...I hope they continue to explore its usefulness. I watched some of last night's episode, but I was so ti-ti, I went to sleep!

Something's been rattling around in my head since watching GH, a show I enjoy.

Grant and Jason seem to have lots of experiences with the K-2, but I've not seen the younger ghost hunters on the show have the same experiences. I don't remember if that's because they don't use it and are always working with the recorder for EVPs. But the show's stars always get weird bumps, tappings, K-2 play, flashlights flipping out of their hands, etc.

Not so much for the rest of the hunters. Could be phony, sure.

But they all admit that high EMF readings cause one to be affected. People near faulty wiring with high EMF readings tend to feel watched and have eerie experiences when they do not if they are removed from the area affected by the wiring.

So if Jason and Grant, or perhaps just one of them, gives off his own weird EMF, couldn't the guys just be part of a feedback loop? I know they don't seem to give off enough of some weird EMF readings themselves, but what if some people just have a very low frequency that doesn't register because the equipment isn't as sensitive? Is that even possible? That people own different readings themselves?

I wonder because my husband was struck by lightning and has had weird experiences ever since. There was a park ranger on one of the old game shows on TV who'd been struck seventeen times. He was charged and the lightning even struck him while in his car or his house. Poor guy couldn't get away from it. Makes me REALLY wonder if he weren't subjected to all sorts of paranormal oddities.

But if people are particularly sensitive to EMF, it seems reasonable they might become part of a feedback loop wherein paranormal oddities might not only be present, but created in their presence.

Anyone can shoot this post down without fear of offending me. What I don't know fills libraries. That's why I'm proposing something. I got zilch.

So if Jason and Grant, or perhaps just one of them, gives off his own weird EMF, couldn't the guys just be part of a feedback loop? I know they don't seem to give off enough of some weird EMF readings themselves, but what if some people just have a very low frequency that doesn't register because the equipment isn't as sensitive? Is that even possible? That people own different readings themselves?

Interesting question. I am sure there is someone on this board who would know about it but.....my grandmother could not wear a wristwatch. It did not matter what kind, who wound it up for her, how long she wore it or anything. They always stopped when she wore them.
Years ago, I was going thru a divorce. During about a three year period I bought two new microwaves, two or three TVs, a new VCR or two etc. No one in the house was rough or abusive on these appliances. We lived at two different addresses during this time so it was not wiring of a home. The appliances would usually go "pop" and quit immediately. They were Panasonics and other upscale brands bought new. I have gone thru periods here and there in my life where I would drive down the street and streetlights would go out. Randomly, not in a string. Too many to be coincidence.
:eek:

Thanks for the response, SoCal, especially since I'm shooting in the dark here. I think the watch and streetlight instances may support my argument a bit, but I'm just guessing there too.

Although ghosts, faeries and aliens are intriguing, I usually tend to side with Vallee on a Trickster aspect to paranormal events. That, and a feeling we create many of our ghostly encounters, (not all) some mechanism in us we fail to understand.

It seems reasonable to me then that there may be a field effect which may have much to do with some of the weird phenomena we encounter. I just wonder if we have to only assign that to faulty wiring in a wall or light fixture. If some of us are more sensitive to an electomagnetic field effect, are there any of us who project more easily our own field effect?

That theory would shoot down some ghostly encounters so it might not be a popular idea. I gotta wonder though.

Back