• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Russ Estes & Dr. Wm. Cone

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
On May 17, 1994 I hosted Russ Estes and Dr. William Cone in studio for what turned out to be a fun, raucous two hour excursion into a show we called "Byrd Poop." We started out discussing a real mentally challenged moron named "Dr. Harley Byrd", either nephew or grandson of Admiral Richard Byrd, depending which day you happened to speak to Harley. He was quite a trip! But we hit a lot of areas including to but not limited ... to an expose Russ did titled "Quality of the Messenger". You see, Russ was a TV producer and friend of mine I had met in the early 90's when Russ wanted to interview me for a documentary he was shooting. It was to be a 13 part series covering most of the UFO subject.

Dr. Bill Cone is a mental health professional who was interested in the abduction area of UFO research. He and Russ, along with Kevin Randle wrote a book ... ah, let me have Randle tell you. Taken from his blog .....

"What he wanted in the UFO field was to get at the truth. He talked to everyone and presented those findings to those who would listen. He didn’t have a big name, just a big heart.
Russ could be over powering, but only because he had so many talents in so many places. He was opinionated, but backed up his opinions with facts. Sometimes he was intractable, but more often he would listen to others, searching for weakness in their arguments. He did much for the field but few realize his contribution.

Russ was unique. He was intelligent, talented, insightful and sometimes a control freak, but he was always a friend. He is impossible to replace and I certainly miss him." The book is called "
The Abduction Enigma" and is still available. Estes died in January 19, 2005. I miss him also.

Show Opening

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/Cone-EstesOpen.mp3

Hour 01

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/Cone-Estes01.mp3

Hour 02

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/Cone-Estes02.mp3

Ahhh Don has got me wet again.....almost as hard as David gets over Lear.

Hey Don, why not upload that show on where you interviewed my namesake (or was it a so-so interview). I swear everytime I hear her voice nowadays when she interviews someone it has a "tremor" to it - like extreme stress or excitement in her voice. I wonder if it is a psychosis built over years of being in such an esoteric field.

I admit I put this show off to the side due to the subject matter.

But it turned out to be a great show. Thanks for posting, Don.

Kind of a negative view of Bruce Maccabee you express in the first hour Don.. You don't lump him in with the quacks but you obviously had some problems with him. I found it surprising because I've always considered him one of the more credible people in the field (even with the controversy surrounding Gulf Breeze). What's your opinion of him now?

You sure it was Maccabee? I didnt catch that.

Also I thought I remember Don speaking highly of him on other occasions(?).

You sure it was Maccabee? I didnt catch that.

Also I thought I remember Don speaking highly of him on other occasions(?).
Yep, it was definitely Bruce. I found it surprising though I could see where Don was coming from with his criticism. By the way, do any of these shows deal with Gulf Breeze? I'd love to hear Don's take on that. I guess it's generally regarded to be a hoax nowadays. I wonder what Ed Walters is up to?

No I dont think thats what everyone thinks at all. Macabee doesnt.

Some of that video is just too compelling. There is definitely something to the Gulf Breeze thing IMO.

No I dont think thats what everyone thinks at all. Macabee doesnt.

Some of that video is just too compelling. There is definitely something to the Gulf Breeze thing IMO.
I think most people now consider the Walters material to be hoaxed- there was that model found hidden in the attic of his old house to begin with. But I wonder how he managed to do it with the camera Bruce provided? It's been so long since I looked into that case. I wonder if Ed caught some legit stuff and hoaxed other things. I wish the Paracast would take a fresh look at Gulf Breeze.

Kind of a negative view of Bruce Maccabee you express in the first hour Don.. You don't lump him in with the quacks but you obviously had some problems with him. I found it surprising because I've always considered him one of the more credible people in the field (even with the controversy surrounding Gulf Breeze). What's your opinion of him now?

You need to listen to the "Bruce Maccabee and the CIA" show.

Decker

Back