• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Roswell: does it need yet another show? :)

AdamI

Skilled Investigator
I was just listening to the Kevin Randle episode of Dark Matters Radio, and it made me think:

Yeah, you guys have discussed Roswell ad nauseum. But I know that I'm probably not alone in lacking a clear picture of where we stand.

I know there's evidence that something very very strange happened there: the reconstructed memo, Marcell's testimony (both of them), the Air Force's multiple stories that don't make sense, and a number of other pieces of testimony from reliable people.

I also know there's a tremendous amount of BS, and I know that a number of individuals have been caught lying or embellishing. This was discussed on the Dark Matters Radio show with Randle.

But what I'd like to hear is a sort of summary show. "Where we stand on Roswell" could be the title. What's solid, what's maybe-solid, what's highly questionable, and what's bunk?

To be even more specific, what I'd like to hear is the Roswell story itself broken down. As I know it, the story has many elements and some of these elements are on far more reliable evidentiary ground than others. You have the crash site itself, which seems pretty solid... strange debris strewn everywhere and all that. Then you have the stories of a second crash site, bodies, and even living bodies and communication! Then you have artifacts, reverse engineering, and all that stuff.

So how reliable are these various elements of the story? Am I correct in saying that the list I gave above is more or less in order from most reliable to least?

Some people might sigh, but it's definitely one of the most well known cases and just refuses to go away. Should it go away? Or if there's something there, where could we go next?

I suggest getting an expert on Project Mogul to talk for two hours. Also get an expert on long term memory.

The first part is a great idea. Interview someone who actually knows something about Mogul and other testing that was going on out there to get their views on the subject. It could help debunk some bunk, or maybe not... only one way to find out.

If a case must be pursued with vigour, then it should be Bentwaters Rendlesham. Yeah, it's been done to death too, but as Peter Robbins said on his last Paracast interview, because of how recent it is and because all the witnesses are still alive it really does stand a chance at blowing the UFO thing wide open.

Waaay more than Roswell anyway.

If a case must be pursued with vigour, then it should be Bentwaters Rendlesham. Yeah, it's been done to death too, but as Peter Robbins said on his last Paracast interview, because of how recent it is and because all the witnesses are still alive it really does stand a chance at blowing the UFO thing wide open.

Waaay more than Roswell anyway.

TOTALLY AGREE

The John Burroughs episode was one of the best Paracast epsodes ever. Ive read "You Cant Tell the People" and thought I knew most of what that case was about but some of the things that John Burroughs said RE the 2012 connection wasnt something that I had come across before. Bentwaters isnt that far from me here in the UK and as such it holds a certain interest for me. The thing about the area is that there was much more odd stuff happening there before the Rendlesham incidents took place, its well worth an extra dig into thats for sure.

Roswell has been done to death, but Bentwaters has a lot of scope left in it I believe.

I suggest getting an expert on Project Mogul to talk for two hours. Also get an expert on long term memory.

What Mogul?

Early on Tuesday, July 8, the Roswell Army Air Field issued a press release which was immediately picked up by numerous news outlets:

"The many rumors regarding the flying disc became a reality yesterday when the intelligence office of the 509th Bomb group of the Eighth Air Force, Roswell Army Air Field, was fortunate enough to gain possession of a disc through the cooperation of one of the local ranchers and the sheriff's office of Chaves County. The flying object landed on a ranch near Roswell sometime last week. Not having phone facilities, the rancher stored the disc until such time as he was able to contact the sheriff's office, who in turn notified Maj. Jesse A. Marcel of the 509th Bomb Group Intelligence Office. Action was immediately taken and the disc was picked up at the rancher's home. It was inspected at the Roswell Army Air Field and subsequently loaned by Major Marcel to higher headquarters."

So that was the official word on what happened. Why cover up a secret project with a Flaying Saucer story, only to then cover that up with the story they were trying to keep hidden (Mogul). That makes no sense.

If they were tracking a secret project, they would have been there when it crashed. But they weren't. They had no idea about it until it happened.

Something happened, and was covered up. We have some eye witness testimony.

Beyond that, we will never know for sure.

What Mogul?

Early on Tuesday, July 8, the Roswell Army Air Field issued a press release which was immediately picked up by numerous news outlets:

So that was the official word on what happened. Why cover up a secret project with a Flaying Saucer story, only to then cover that up with the story they were trying to keep hidden (Mogul). That makes no sense.

If they were tracking a secret project, they would have been there when it crashed. But they weren't. They had no idea about it until it happened.

Something happened, and was covered up. We have some eye witness testimony.

Beyond that, we will never know for sure.

Two things it's a huge array of balloons and listening devices they also stated it in the report they released to the public. Secondly we have eye witness testimonies that were recalled 30 years after the fact. Also the flying saucer described by Jesse Marcell(sp) doesn't sound like a flying disc or anything exotic.

I believe Roswell is still an important area. It is historically important because the incident is positioned shortly after Nagasaki and Hiroshima and geographically located in an area intimately connected to the nuclear age. The craft didn't come down in Malibu. There is a reason it came down where it did and there is a reason it came down when it did. Whatever motivation can be ascribed to the event, I think it is a safe bet there is a relationship between the incident and the atomic age. That relationship does not appear to have ended. See Paracast's UFOs and Nukes.

The other compelling thing about Roswell is the fact that the Secrecy Complex was not yet fully formed. Today, it is very, very sophisticated. Then, it was disorganized, turfbound, and mistake-prone. The chances of new information coming out of Roswell are a little better than some of the more recent events. That doesn't mean we don't have researchers around who can crack the system but I do think Richard Dolan, for instance, has a tougher environment to negotiate than Donald Keyhoe.

Roswell is a kind of touchstone. :D

Two things it's a huge array of balloons and listening devices they also stated it in the report they released to the public.

I know what it is. I didn't say "what IS Mogul?" I said "What Mogul?" Because it had nothing to do with Mogul.

The ranchers in the area were very familiar with the balloons, because they used to get paid to recover them for the RAAF all the time.

And as I pointed out, if it was a top secret device coming down, they would have been there waiting. The RAAF had no clue about a crash until they were notified.

Secondly we have eye witness testimonies that were recalled 30 years after the fact. Also the flying saucer described by Jesse Marcell(sp) doesn't sound like a flying disc or anything exotic.

I don't know how old you are, but I remember many things in detail from 30 years ago. Also some of the reports were soon after the incident, and as Jesse Marcel Jr. has pointed out, you just wouldn't forget the main details about something like this. Some details might get blurred or expanded upon, but you don't forget what happened.

I'm also not sure what you are referring to that wasn't exotic. He said he handled very lightweight I-beams made of an unknown metal with hieroglyphic looking charactors written on it, and then there was that thin "memory" metal that would return to its original shape with no wrinkles, and yet was so strong that they couldn't cut it, burn it, or otherwise damage it. There were other artifacts too, like a plastic type material and a few other things. None of the stuff looked familiar to Marcel.

That's not exotic? Marcel thought the stuff was usual enough to bring it to his family in the middle of the night and show it to them. This is a guy who would know what a Mogul balloon looked like. The stuff he had was not the foil balloon he is seen holding in the posed photo. You can even see the smirk on his face, as if saying "I can't believe I'm posing with this crap!" The balloons were put together with wooden rods and Scotch tape!

Some reports of people seeing the craft reported that it was triangular or crescent shaped. And there has always been some speculation that two craft had crashed. Notice the sub heading on the news paper story. "Hardware man and his wife report disk seen". That was current eyewitness accounts, not 30 years later.

It sounds like you really haven't read up on this story.

But the bottom line is the RAAF issued an official press release saying they had a crashed flying disk. So before any talk of Mogul balloons can be taken seriously, we have to address why they would release such a story. The usual thing is to just not make any statement at all. They say it's a security matter, and that's the end of it.

But someone goofed and told the truth. Then they had to cover that up.

Go back and listen to the shows about Roswell, including the one with Jesse Jr. There is a lot of compelling information there.

We wont know exactly what happened unless the US Gov tell us, and they wont be doing that any time soon. But it's obvious that something happened that had nothing to do with a Mogul balloon.

Two things it's a huge array of balloons and listening devices they also stated it in the report they released to the public.

I know what it is. I didn't say "what IS Mogul?" I said "What Mogul?" Because it had nothing to do with Mogul.

The ranchers in the area were very familiar with the balloons, because they used to get paid to recover them for the RAAF all the time.

And as I pointed out, if it was a top secret device coming down, they would have been there waiting. The RAAF had no clue about a crash until they were notified.

Secondly we have eye witness testimonies that were recalled 30 years after the fact. Also the flying saucer described by Jesse Marcell(sp) doesn't sound like a flying disc or anything exotic.

I don't know how old you are, but I remember many things in detail from 30 years ago. Also some of the reports were soon after the incident, and as Jesse Marcel Jr. has pointed out, you just wouldn't forget the main details about something like this. Some details might get blurred or expanded upon, but you don't forget what happened.

Look at the subheading in the newspaper story below. "Roswell hardware man and wife report disk seen." That was at the time of the incident, not 30 ears later.

I'm also not sure what you are referring to that wasn't exotic. He handled very lightweight I-beams made of an unknown metal with hieroglyphic looking charactors written on it, and then there was that thin "memory" metal that would return to its original shape with no wrinkles, and yet was so strong that they couldn't cut it, burn it, or otherwise damage it. There was a plastic like substance and a few other things too. None of it looked familiar to Marcel.

That's not exotic? Marcel thought the stuff was usual enough to bring it to his family in the middle of the night and show it to them. This is a guy who would know what a Mogul balloon looked like. The stuff he had was not the foil balloon he is seen holding in the posed photo. You can even see the smirk on his face, as if saying "I can't believe I'm posing with this crap!"

Some reports of people seeing the craft reported that it was triangular or crescent shaped. And there has always been some speculation that two craft had crashed.

It sounds like you really haven't read up on this story.

But the bottom line is the RAAF issued an official press release saying they had a crashed flying disk. So before any talk of Mogul balloons can be taken seriously, we have to address why they would release such a story. The usual thing is to just not make any statement at all. They say it's a security matter, and that's the end of it.

But someone goofed and told the truth. Then they had to cover that up.

Go back and listen to the shows about Roswell, including the one with Jesse Jr. There is a lot of compelling information there.

We wont know exactly what happened unless the US Gov tell us, and they wont be doing that any time soon. But it's obvious that something happened that had nothing to do with a Mogul balloon.

RoswellDailyRecordJuly8%2C1947.jpg

Do I think there's something to Roswell? Yes.

Have I enjoyed the Paracasts concerning Roswell? Yes.

Am I just exhausted by it at this point? Yes.

Back