• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Rockefeller Thinks The Internet Is Bad

Just to be crystal clear: I asked if you agreed with the thought there are too many people on the planet, or disagreed with it and if you disagreed, was it only because it was attributed to a Rockefeller.

I disagree that the planet is overpopulated. There is plenty of room.

I do however believe that we could live without all of the idiots in the world.

I disagree that the planet is overpopulated. There is plenty of room.

I do however believe that we could live without all of the idiots in the world.
We've got a grand total of 36,794,240,000 acres of dry land on the planet and 6,706,993,152 people as of July 2008. That comes out to just under 4 1/2 acres apiece.

Tom Allison has a point; space exploration is the way to go, not just for lebensraum , but for maintaining an industrial civilization without having to resort living in caves.

The population should stabilize as sex education becomes even more accessible to the developing nations, despite what the damn nazi pope says, or no drastic measures like wars or planned genetic diseases to pare down the population is needed either, like the Rockefellers and their Builderburgler brethren advocate.

Tom Allison has a point; space exploration is the way to go, not just for lebensraum , but for maintaining an industrial civilization without having to resort living in caves.

The population should stabilize as sex education becomes even more accessible to the developing nations, despite what the damn nazi pope says, or no drastic measures like wars or planned genetic diseases to pare down the population is needed either, like the Rockefellers and their Builderburgler brethren advocate.
I think ocean-steading is a more practical area of focus than space colonization.

I think ocean-steading is a more practical area of focus than space colonization.

Sure, that's a good idea too.

In fact, that's probably more likely to happen than rudimentary space exploration, because we have proven undersea technology via deep ocean oil rigs.

But I still love the romance of space exploration.

Sure, that's a good idea too.

In fact, that's probably more likely to happen than rudimentary space exploration, because we have proven undersea technology via deep ocean oil rigs.

But I still love the romance of space exploration.

I would imagine to prepare for space, we will make use of the oceans as home. If I could afford to build an underwater lair, I would. I would never come out of the ocean. Imagine living underwater for the rest of your life, without having to be a slave to some godless bureaucratic government.

I would do it in a second if I could.

100% correct. Education and science trump superstition and warmongering. Well, they SHOULD...

We've got a grand total of 36,794,240,000 acres of dry land on the planet and 6,706,993,152 people as of July 2008. That comes out to just under 4 1/2 acres apiece.

how much of that land is arable? not in a mountain range? or a canyon? or a swamp?

we are at 7 billion now, I think, and climbing. population increases exponentially, and it will take far less time to reach 9 billion than it did to reach 1 billion, and so on.

what is the point where we cannot sustain the humans without destroying the animals' habitat more than already has been done?

rabbits go crazy when they hit numbers higher than their warrens can sustain, they become too crowded and go nuts because of it. humans can do that, too. who wants to live in a rabbit warren infested with mass numbers of other humans?

I would not be surprised to see population control coming to us, sooner rather than later.

as for ocean living, why cannot we build cities upon the oceans? leave the land for growing food? This is a big leap, but take a look at the opening credits for StarGate Atlantis. That ocean city is not beyond our technological capabilities. (not including force field) For those who say it would cost too much, well look at how much is being paid into corrupt banking institutions, wars that don't solve any problems, etc...
Take ownership of the banks bailed out, the companies bailed out, run them at a decent profit that doesn't gouge its users, and put the money back into finding alternate housing and energy costs.
that is what I would like to do if I could do anything I wanted.

rabbits go crazy when they hit numbers higher than their warrens can sustain, they become too crowded and go nuts because of it. humans can do that, too. who wants to live in a rabbit warren infested with mass numbers of other humans?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rebnrnGLKh0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rebnrnGLKh0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and according to david suzuki we each use about 4 acres a year to provide our food intake................

energy and drinking water are separate matters, but the models are similar

The only real way for humanity to survive, and to thrive, is to push itself out beyond our world and into space.

I'm convinced that the only way is to mentally and emotionally evolve to a level beyond animal instincts on a larger scale. As it is, you have small dots of folks who have it relatively together and can act / live out of intellect / moral sensibility, all sparsely sprinkled into a huge mass of selfish retards.

Without a fundamental change in our overall way of being we'd just carry on business as usual, but in space rather than on Earth... same shit, different place.

Without a fundamental change in our overall way of being we'd just carry on business as usual, but in space rather than on Earth... same shit, different place.

Agreed. One can only hope that man will never be in a position to transport his dilemmas into space.

In fact, I believe that our lack of social coherence is the primary factor in preventing us from leaving Earth in large numbers. We've got the technology, I have no doubt. However, for us to try and join the more evolved space travelling races would be similar to children trying to establish an airline.

I'm convinced that the only way is to mentally and emotionally evolve to a level beyond animal instincts on a larger scale. As it is, you have small dots of folks who have it relatively together and can act / live out of intellect / moral sensibility, all sparsely sprinkled into a huge mass of selfish retards.

If people lived for the betterment of humanity, instead of the acquisition of material wealth, things would be significantly different. We are trained to be materialistic from birth. Why? So we can attract a mate.

The more shit you have, the more attractive you are to a potential mate. The nicer the quality of things you have, the more likely you are to get laid.

If people lived for the betterment of humanity, instead of the acquisition of material wealth, things would be significantly different. We are trained to be materialistic from birth. Why? So we can attract a mate.

The more shit you have, the more attractive you are to a potential mate. The nicer the quality of things you have, the more likely you are to get laid.

What if I have one really nice thing, an authentic Japanese Samurai Blade estimated to be from the 12th century. I think that it is an incredible personal possession, one that I value highly, yet every woman I've showed it to has only feigned interest. It has never gotten me laid. In fact, I'm 26 and can count on one hand the number of times I've been laid in my entire life (and I'm a handsome guy). Also, I have an X-Box 360 (a very nice thing), a Cherry Red Gibson ES-355 1961 (the most amazing guitar ever). Another nice item of mine is a two seat couch, a "love seat," but a woman has never straddled me, naked or otherwise, on it.

So much for your theory, Tommy.

What if I have one really nice thing, an authentic Japanese Samurai Blade estimated to be from the 12th century. I think that it is an incredible personal possession, one that I value highly, yet every woman I've showed it to has only feigned interest. It has never gotten me laid. In fact, I'm 26 and can count on one hand the number of times I've been laid in my entire life (and I'm a handsome guy). Also, I have an X-Box 360 (a very nice thing), a Cherry Red Gibson ES-355 1961 (the most amazing guitar ever). Another nice item of mine is a two seat couch, a "love seat," but a woman has never straddled me, naked or otherwise, on it.

You need to find the right woman who's turned on by that sort of thing, and I will guarantee that she's out there. Could be a hygeine problem, or your attitude might suck. Do you make a lot of money? If not, that too is probably a contributing factor to your not getting laid as often as you like.

What if I have one really nice thing, an authentic Japanese Samurai Blade estimated to be from the 12th century. I think that it is an incredible personal possession, one that I value highly, yet every woman I've showed it to has only feigned interest.

does it have provenance? oh, to be 30 years younger... ;)

I would imagine to prepare for space, we will make use of the oceans as home. If I could afford to build an underwater lair, I would. I would never come out of the ocean. Imagine living underwater for the rest of your life, without having to be a slave to some godless bureaucratic government.

I would do it in a second if I could.

The feng shui would be bad down there.

It most certainly does have provenance. I am careful not to say much about it here, however. There are still a handful of ninjas in the world who would kill for it, and I have sworn my life to protect it from dark forces. It is cursed with magical powers.

Back