• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Robert Anton Wilson Video

conor

Skilled Investigator
I heard Greg Bishop talk about this guy and I realized that I read a work of fiction he co-authored called the Illuminatus Trilogy. It's all about one big crazy conspiracy that ... well, it gets pretty crazy, lets just say that what you think is going on is not what's going on. Great novels. Anyway, found this video - tis pretty cool.

Great vid!

I think this is the fundamental problem we face when exploring the paranormal. We think the universe is an objective reality -- and on some level, maybe it is. But our every perception of it is subjective. And all of our subjective perceptions color what we think we see.

In truth, we never really see the objective universe. We're all just blind men feeling our way in the dark.

Great vid!

I think this is the fundamental problem we face when exploring the paranormal. We think the universe is an objective reality -- and on some level, maybe it is. But our every perception of it is subjective. And all of our subjective perceptions color what we think we see.

In truth, we never really see the objective universe. We're all just blind men feeling our way in the dark.

If you study the patterns that exist in nature you'll find random interactions; but there are events occuring, as well, that seem to be driven by an intelligence that can be measured - within a certain degree of accuracy - over and over again.

I feel that paranormal phenomena, and what we term: everyday 'hard' reality, are equally valid parts of a greater whole, that, even to this day, successfully avoids any conclusive understanding.

Sometimes...I do get the nagging impression that we live under a nondisclosure agreement. We can ask questions. But the answers we think we have are all strictly our own.

If you haven't watch his film 'Maybe Logic,' maybe you should.

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-1422743250837892881&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

His family is auctioning off a bunch of his stuff to cover medical bills.

The Robert Anton Wilson Website - RAW Auction

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Robert Anton Wilson

One of the most erudite Renaissance Men of recent vintage has delved into dimensions beyond the seen or even see-able - to gain who knows what? He is greatly influenced by James Joyce who Joseph Campbell spent many months interpreting and translating - but did Campbell really know Green Languages or the language of the BRDs? Joyce, Swift and Carlyle did grasp it to my research. Joyce says we have had a five thousand year nightmare according to Campbell. Yes, Thomas Paine, Jonathon Swift and other Illuminized people including Carlyle and Goethe are connected. I wonder too about Blake and Lucis Trust.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/do...Illuminati.pdf.

The link expresses these thoughts about Wilson before it serves up his actual book (read it quickly - cause they sometimes disappear).

Back Cover:

"I was astonished and delighted. . . Wilson managed to reverse every mental polarity in me, as if I had been pulled through infinity." -- Phillip K. Dick

One fateful evening in a suitably dark, beer-soaked Swiss rathskeller, a wild and obscure Irishman named James Joyce would become the drinking partner of an unknown physics professor called Albert Einstein. And on that same momentous night, Sir John Babcock, a terror-stricken young Englishman, would rush through the tavern door bringing a mystery that only the two most brilliant minds of the century could solve. . .or perhaps bringing only a figment of his imagination born of the paranoia of our times. An outrageous, raunchy ride through the twists and turns of mind and space, Masks of the Illuminati runs amok with all our fondest conspiracy theories to show us the truth behind the laughter. . . and the laughter in the truth.
"[Wilson is] erudite, witty, and genuinely scary." -- Publishers Weekly

"A dazzling barker hawking tickets to the most thrilling tilt-a-whirls and daring loop-oplanes on the midway to higher conciousness." -- Tom Robbins

"Wilson is one of the most profound, important, scientific philosophers of this century -- scholarly, witty, hip, and hopeful." -- Timothy Leary

"Wilson's ultimate tale of conspiracy: Read this book to fathom your own paranoia!" -- Clifford Stoll, astronomer, author, The Cuckoo's Egg, graduate, Buffalo Public School #61

"Robert Anton Wilson is one of the leading thinkers of the modern age -- providing an answer to the vision gap." -- Barbara Marx Hubbard, World Future Society

On going to check my spelling of Jonathon I saw when I put Swift in quotes and Green Languages in the general browse that my work here comes at the top of a list of over 10,000 google hits.

I also saw this book by eminent scholar Harold Bloom - addressing Shake - hes- speare's "informal language".

https://books.google.ca/books?id=6jR...ift%22&f=false You will probably have to do a search on your own.

Here is a brief and cogent commentary which reflects on a larger issue we know a great deal about - teaching.

Jamie 's review
Feb 26, 08

5 of 5 stars

All the love and joy had been sucked out of this book for me after teaching it. Then, my love was renewed thanks to Baz Lurman and TNT.

"Do you bite your thumb at me sir!?"

I have not seen TNT's treatment - and I may sound extremely arrogant - but I am near to certain it does not address wee Willy as an alchemist like Hugo who did a memorable appreciation of Shakespeare I often quote. Hugo is another mysterious leader of the Priory of Sion. But do not pay heed to conspiracy when all things are in fact a con's-piracy. It is so sad that Jean Lafitte (an alchemist according to some - including me) created better governance than all the social political hacks in university teaching that which they know little to nothing about - including the Physiocrats.

Finally for this opening post I put an homage to what brought me to this book - The Golden Dawn. I wonder if Wilson knows as much about these matters as I do. He might even know more.

Note

The characters and events in this novel, like those in ordinary life, are partly real and partly the product of somebody's disordered imagination. The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and the Ordo Templi Orientis were (and are) quite real, and the magickal exercizes described are capable of producing results similar to those in our story. The Great God Pan, The King in Yellow, and Clouds Without Water are all real books and the quotations from them are accurate. All details of assassinations and other political events are taken from standard reference works such as the Britannica and are as reliable as such sources generally are. The author solemnly warrants and guarantees that there are no flat lies and only one hidden joke in the above two paragraphs.

PART ONE

The chessboard is the world, the pieces are the phenomena of the universe, the rules of the game are what we call the laws of nature. The player on the other side is hidden from us. -- Thomas Henry Huxley, Collected Essays

One great difference between Chemical and Alchemical processes is that Alchemy only employs a gradual heat continually but carefully increased, and does not commence with violent heat. -- Israel Regardie, The Golden Dawn

Back