• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

RIP Tim Beckley

I just noticed the post about Tim ... So sorry Gene. I never knew him personally, but I still have my U.F.O.I.L. membership and a couple of his newsletters. He's been a background fixture in my ufology world for decades. One of those enigmatic characters.

An Interview with TIm by our fellow podcasters Paul And Ben Eno ..

RIP and God Bless. He had a great take and saw through the B.S. Like the current UAP think tank just another snoopy gathering as was in the 1950s and 1960s. The UFO belongs to all not just science and more . Keep watching those skies and Mr Lazar was spot on ?

Last edited:
RIP and God Bless. He had a great take and saw through the B.S. Like the current UAP think tank just another snoopy gathering as was in the 1950s and 1960s. The UFO belongs to all not just science and more . Keep watching those skies and Mr Lazar was spot on ?
Very nice post.... Sorry Gene, I guess none of us are getting any younger.

I know that a lot of people didn't care for Tim Beckley and the way he published books and magazines, but he was a wealth of knowledge about the UFO phenomena and was not afraid to do the field work that is often required to do a thorough investigation. Tim always kept an open mind about UFOs, and was not afraid to suggest alternative explanations that often rankled others who had their own pet theories. We usually spoke daily, talking not only about UFOs, but also movies (especially horror movies), baseball, and everything else that was going on in our lives. I will miss him terribly.

Beckley's co-worker, Tim Swartz sent me the following about Tim's final weeks:

"He had been sick for a few years. He had diabetes and had a pacemaker installed. About three weeks ago he went to the hospital because he was retaining a lot of fluid in his legs and feet. He was released last week, but was still having problems.

"His niece was with him all day Sunday and he was doing OK. But he passed away sometime that evening or early morning. She tried to call him first thing Monday morning but when he didn't answer she asked his friend April to go over to the apartment and check on him. It was April who found him. He must have died in his sleep.

"Right now they have to do an autopsy on him and after that they will release his body to his relatives. So no information yet on a funeral.

That's about all I know at the moment."

Tim was 74, which is real young these days.

Here is the thing guy's I downloaded the last show with Tim on it,that was only February and if that doesn't tell you to grab life and love people nothing will.

Back