• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

RIP Lemmy / Motorhead

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
I have a subscription to BASS PLAYER magazine. Lemmy is on the cover of the Holiday Edition. That issue has been lying in bed with me for a couple weeks now but two nights ago I thought to myself "Lemmy's getting up there in age - don't be surprised if you read that he passes away within the next few years." I woke up yesterday and saw that he passed away in my news feed.

The rock/metal world lost an icon. RIP.

There goes another rock icon. He was pretty much embalmed already, so all that's left now is just to make a spot for him in the Hall of Fame and prop him up ... LOL

Lemmy-Alcohol-cartoon.jpg

Last edited:
As I put on the music thread,I stayed in a place called Benllech last month.Lemmy lived there as I child.There was nothing to indicate his staying there,no plaques or markers.A rock giant who left tracks across the world but left a sleepy seaside town unnoticed.So glad I got to see him live one more time a few years ago.Another childhood hero gone,with Dio,Cozy,Lordy,Freddie et al.

There goes another rock icon. He was pretty much embalmed already, so all that's left now is just to make a spot for him in the Hall of Fame and prop him up ... LOL

Lemmy-Alcohol-cartoon.jpg

I saw Motorhead in San Francisco in 2015. It was the second time I'd seen them. A very good show. A very loud show.

Lemmy seemed kind of downbeat in that last performance. Though not typically the most physical performer in the world, he was even less so this time. There were subtle differences.

Later on, somebody informed me that he was having some serious health problems. I kind of took it for granted that I wouldn't be seeing Motorhead again.

Back