• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

RIP! Brad Steiger 1936-2018

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The news was not unexpected, because Brad was in a hospice over the last few weeks.

I knew Brad Steiger for nearly 50 years, and enjoyed his many books on a host of paranormal subjects.

He was one of the two original guests on The Paracast, on February 28, 2006, and helped name the show.

Here's a tribute from Tim Beckley's Facebook page:

BRAD STEIGER -- MY BEST FRIEND IN THE PARANORMAL
PASSED AWAY SUNDAY.

I have known Brad since 1967. He was one of the most thoughtful and caring individuals anyone would ever care to meet. His love of writing and of the paranormal is a real testament to his talent and his ability to educate and entertain. His books sold millions of copies all over the world. As friends we were so close we called each other "Brother." He spent many enjoyable times together along with Sherry Steiger his true soul mate. He lectured at the conferences I organized and did writing workshops. There is a void in the space time continuum, but we are certain he is now holding court in a higher dimension. He will be greatly missed. No one can replace him now or ever!

Timothy G. Beckley

Last edited:
Brad has been ill for quite a while, alas. I had been hoping he'd recover. But he lived a good long life, and we should all celebrate what he accomplished.

Gene - I was just listening to the point in this most recent ep of the show where you mentioned he was in a hospice, so like you say whilst this wasn't entirely unexpected it's still sad news.

I extend my condolences to Sherry, family and friends.

We've lost another stalwart in the field but his comprehensive catalogue will undoubtedly serve as his richly-deserved legacy.

Back