• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

richard hogland's new insane therory

So if James' white crow is Mrs. Piper, what is Hoagland's? It's just not jumping out at me. Somewhere Hoagland says it's an Apache saying. I never knew James was Apache :eek: !

I was wondering about that too. Where is the white crow in that theory? But I confess that I didn't have the stomach to read it all. That's why I didn't see the part about an Apache saying that it only takes one white crow to prove that not all crows are black. While I guess it's not entirely impossible that William James took his analogy from an earlier source, that would be the first I'd hear about it. Maybe James once was declared an honorary Apache?

I was wondering about that too. Where is the white crow in that theory? But I confess that I didn't have the stomach to read it all. That's why I didn't see the part about an Apache saying that it only takes one white crow to prove that not all crows are black. While I guess it's not entirely impossible that William James took his analogy from an earlier source, that would be the first I'd hear about it. Maybe James once was declared an honorary Apache?
I was being satirical, but I suppose it could be an Apache expression, just like the expression "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me," was invented in Russia ( According to Pavel Chekov - Star Trek TOS ).

Back