• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Rich Dolan's 'UFOs & The National Security State' Vol. 2 - discussion thread

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
So Dolan's long awaited 2nd Volume - 'UFOs and the National Security State' Volume 2 - is finally available for pre-order, and will be out by the first week in August.

I like the cover art:

UFONSSvol2.jpg

I think theres a fair amount of interest for this book from forum members. Its a pretty interesting situation as I'm sure there are many people eager to get their hands on this book, and all possibly with different reasons.

I think primarily, people are keen to get Volume 2 because they enjoyed Volume 1 so much, and also because no one has done what Rich is attempting to do here. Rich is putting together a massive 3 volume history of the UFO subject, and that in and of itself is fascinating, and worth reading just to keep up to date.

There are others who feel Rich was too speculative in the first Volume, and for a historian thats just not acceptable (despite Rich claiming he always made it clear when he was speculating or not).

Some people I'm sure are looking forward to the book just to see how much Rich did or did not fuck up! The time period Volume 2 covers is a pretty juicy period in the history of UFO phenomenon(anyone for an MJ12 or an EBE? - how 'bout a LMH?), and there's not a chance in hell that Rich will please everyone. Looking forward to seeing some of these reactions play out!

And last (but DEFINITELY not least) we have the folks looking forward to scanning the text for signs of Rich becoming the next Blossom Goodchild.

I know Ill be getting it for an interesting read, and to brush up on my UFO history. Plus it will look so great on my woo-woo shelf next to Volume 1:p

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering what happened. I half thought that Dolan went back and revised it after his last Paracast appearance.:D

Foreword by LMH?!?

I'm willing to give the guy a pass. He kind of disappointed me by name dropping the names he dropped the last time he was on the show.
But he is a pretty knowledgeable guy.

12.gif

Think Im going to bite the bullet and pre-order this to get one with a signature. I decided not to, but since Im definitely going to get the book at some stage (cannot wait to see how Rich presents the MJ12 "stuff") then why the hell not get an autographed copy!?

Back