• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Reverse speech phenomena

Free episodes:

Luke

Paranormal Novice
Forgive me if this has been covered, but is there any possibility of a show on RSP? A fellow Aussie David John Oates was the head honcho of this field, i saw and listened to a couple of interviews and found it compelling :) it's sounded completely retarded and I was very skeptical when I first heard of it, tho the more I looked into it, the more I was baffled as to why it seems to be legit or should I say worthy of further investigation :-p
I strongly suggest you try this yourself, I took four different 15sec recordings from random tv shows and 3 of the 4 had clear reversed msgs. I'm aware of the whole cloud theory of making what you want of it, but the only audible words that come out of this always seem to be related to the subject matter.. It's creepy.
I'm sure alot of people disagree, it'd just be cool to hear a paracast interview of the topic, with some decent questioning.. Not to mention it'd be great to hear a brutal Australian accent on the show :-p

Yeah? No? Maybe?

I think it would be a lot of fun. When I was in middle school we had a speaker named "Rick Romando" come and play a bunch of records backwards so we hear the hidden messages. He also showed us Subliminal messages in ads and what not. He ended his prestentation by tearing a phone book in half. It was a hoot.

In the days of the sci-fi movie serials of the 1930s, they made a couple where aliens spoke backwards, a cheap way to make them, well, alien. :)

Yeah, theres a heaps of YouTube stuff with the led zeppelin, black sabbath etc demonic msgs.. It's seems so far fetched and ridiculous but for some reason it just happens... So is that a yes Gene?

I think it is done deliberately. The Beatles did it too. I don't think it just happens by some sort of paranormal effect, od uoy? :D

Ha ha nice, heres what im gonna do, When I get home from work today I'm going to reverse some gene steinberg speech to see what I get.. No doubt if anything it'll be some lame 'dad joke' ha ha.. Its not traditionally paranormal but the msgs are almost always related to the forward speech, it's weird. Look into it. It would make an awesome show.

I don't know if you call it a 'dad joke' in the US but any skywalker reference when talking to anyone named Luke is the epitome of examples ha ha I hope you consider it at least :) don't make me use the force.

Oh my god, it doesn't end ha ha Grayson must have had an interesting upbringing :-p

eg. "what's for dinner dad?,"
Gene: "whatever is on your plate, son" ...

... "dad, I'm hungry"
"hi hungry, I'm Gene steinberg, your vague and irritating father" ha ha

Anyway, I hope you do a show on it.. I find interesting.. And if I come across any compelling reversed GS speech I'll be sure to send it your way :)

I'm interested in delving into the subject of RSP. I am curious about the results you got from your experiment Luke and I plan on trying it myself, among others, as there are so many sound sources to choose from. Is there really anything to this?
Llew ees.

I just did it as a trial joke :-p I took audio from a news program, a UFC bout, a UFO documentary and an episode 'survivorman' ... Simply just recorded it on my iPhone and reversed it using an app... The most compelling was the first one I did using a random part of an ep of 'survivorman' 15 secs of him talking about making a shelter and gathering food, when reversed you can clearly hear 3 statements
1. "I want a meal"
2. "I'm not alone"
3. "I gotta figure the way out"

I nearly shit my pants when I heard it, like I said it's sounds dumb to think there's something to it, but for some strange reason.. You get results and they're almost always in the same topic as the forward speech.. I encourage you to try for sure :)

I cracked up reading your last post Luke :) sounds very strange indeed. Thanks for the heads up on the iPhone app. I should of thought of that as there is dam near an app for everything. Going to search for it now, as that would work very conveniently for these experiments.

'Voiceplus' was the app I used, it's got a heaps of other cool voice effects on there too :) You'll get results, I bet my left testicle on it :-p let me know how you go :)

Thanks Luke, I was thinking there would be many such apps but there's not a ton of them. Funny thing is after you mentioned voice plus I went to install it and it said I already have it. Can't really test anything right now but I will post any interesting results when I get a chance.

i loved this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqALdkTArqs

For the record i dont subscribe to this stuff, i think its audio Pareidolia

Gene,

Where do you want me to send this audio file?
You want to hear this.
You speak quite fluently backward :)

Good posts. All I hear is alien speak in the recordings I have done so far...will continue testing though. It would be nice to change the speed of recordings as was demonstrated by the example in the link Mike posted as it does make the RSP more obvious. Perhaps it takes practice perceiving the message. Strangely enough what I hear from recording myself backwards using the same phrase "yes we can" I hear make you safe. Strange. The ireverse speech app may be a better tool for recordings because it has an adjustable speed feature :)

I edited a short sample of Gene today to demonstrate, got some interesting stuff :) no slowing down required, if Gene says it's ok I'll send it to whoever wants it ;-) it turned out fairly successful, some really clear speech, even some swearing!

Back